Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Vinyl Wrap Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
1sikz33

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

How much are the gloss black overlays going for shipped?also how hard is it to remove if u decide to do so? What do you clean it up with
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the roof of this white Nissan 370z, I vinyl wrapped it in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material. I did not take before pictures, since time was against my side, but I am sure you can imagine how it probably looked like before. I think the cf went well with the overall styling of the rest of the car. The owner of this car was from around Redlands or Riverside county and drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 AM
calistrat1991

I am thinking about applying a gloss black vinyl roof to match the rest of the Z. The reason I want to is that the clear coat on the roof is chipping. Would you recomend that as at least a temporary fix? Also as far as interior vinyl goes does it have a smell?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yes, I've had customers purchase vinyl from me for temporary fixes for peeling clear coat, paint damage, etc.

No, the vinyl does not have a smell.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I haven't been able to be as active on the forum as much lately as I would have liked. Work has been fairly packed and has kept me pretty busy. My vendor/sponsorship account expires within the next couple of days, so when that does, I will be letting my account become/go inactive.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up, in case you see my vendor account shows as a non-vendor or whatever other title it happens to give me under my name. I most likely won't be able to receive PMs anymore, so e-mail will be the only way to reach me.

I'd like to thank everyone, as I appreciate all of the positive feedback and cars that I have been able to work on this forum. I will try to be back on this forum as soon as possible.

thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I know this isn't for most people, but the owner of this silver Nissan 350z approached me with the idea of wrapping basically the top half of his car in the 1080 3M gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. It's definitely going to be different from just getting the roof top wrapped and that's what the owner of this car wanted. I tried to take multiple pictures of the car from various angles to show how the weave and pattern looks like in different lighting/angles. I've seen this done with cars in different colors (such as black, etc), but not with carbon before. I also tinted his head lights and tail lights, but these pictures are a bit old, and it was of a darker shade that I no longer use. The owner of this car was around Orange County as well and came to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

This brand new white F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. He also wanted me to black out the lower sides of his front bumper, where splitters would typically go, with the same finish. He drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I don't know why, but I just don't end up posting very many pictures of the interiors that I have wrapped. I thought I had more pictures of this interior, but only one of them turned out well enough to post, since the others ended up being too dark, due to angle/lighting inside the car. This is the interior on an IS250/IS350 that I wrapped all of the hard wood pieces with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. The owner of this car had me wrap the pieces while still in the car. It's a nice change from wood, for those who are looking to get rid of the wood look or going after a sportier look.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Having a special deal/price on roof vinyl DIY sheets right now.

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...-shipping.html
Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 PM
kredicas

anyone in 626 wants to get their roofs wrapped?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Are you looking to get your roof wrapped?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've had some people ask for more pictures of interiors. I'll try to find some and post them up.

-Don
Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I know this is not on a 350z, but I still wanted to show you guys how a vinyl wrapped roof looks like after being on a car for 4 years and how it looks like once removed.

This was one of the first cars that I did when 3M came out with the di-noc matte carbon fiber finish, which was about 4 years ago. The owner of this silver Subaru WRX STI came by to have me re-wrap his roof with the same 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. I took some close ups of the before to show you guys how the material looks like and holds up over time. The carbon fiber weave and all of the details are there, but it had started to lose some of its luster, which was why the owner of this car came back to have me redo the roof for him.

In the pictures with the vinyl removed, that was how the paint looked like right after removal and no or very minimal clean up was done at that point. I took pictures of the paint/roof right after the vinyl was removed to show you guys what the condition of the paint looks like that has had vinyl installed on a roof for roughly 4 years, which is probably going to be longer than most own people own their cars.

The lighting wasn't very good, since it was overcast that day, so I did my best to try and take some pictures to show you guys how the old material looks like compared to the new material. Hopefully you guys are able to see the details and differences in the up close pictures.

Before w/ old vinyl:

Old vinyl removed:

After w/ new vinyl installed:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I had this brand new white Mercedes Benz CLA 250 come in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car. We went with gloss black vinyl finish for his roof over the matte black or carbon fiber, to give it that factory panoramic look. The owner of this car was from around Irvine / Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I think the gloss black roof added a lot of character to the car, for such a simple change. The other thing I could have suggested to do on this car was to black out the chrome around the windows too, but that comes down to preference and depends on what type of look you're going after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
rovilla

so does that mean in order to get my roof wrapped i will need to get some of the hail damage repaired?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Whiteazn2

I'm thinking about if I should put cf wrap on my roof. I have sheets from sema so I'm thinking if I should or not.
Right now I had professionally painted gloss black.

http:// Name:  20131015_123300_zpsdde3b0c8.jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  82.9 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20131015_123300_zpsdde3b0c8.jpg (82.9 KB, 118 views)
Old 09-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Not exactly sure the name of the color of this 370z, but the color looked silver. Either way, I vinyl wrapped the roof of this car in my gloss black material. The owner drove from Los Angeles county to me in Orange County to the roof wrapped. The curves of the roof really help make the gloss black roof pop and stand out a bit more. The owner of this car plastidip his antenna in the matte black finish. So this is good for those who wanted to get gloss black roofs and wanted to plastidip their antennas. I believe plastidip has a gloss black version out now that'd probably work better.

Some of the plastidip peeled off/up a bit when installing the vinyl. Tip of advice, plastidip the antenna after the roof is wrapped, instead of plastidipping i tbeforehand.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 PM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The stuff this guy sends is not 3m 1080 (which is far better quality)and in my opinion very cheap and rips and pulls easy.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sounds like a user and installation error and not due to any fault in the material itself, considering I use the exact same materials daily and there are several countless people in this thread alone who have been able to successfully install my materials on their cars without any issues.

*Edit* I just looked up your previous PM and order history (~2-3 months ago) with me, and can see that I offered you a refund if you shipped the materials back to me and no where did you specify you wanted 3M, which I also offer and sell as well. If you have any further issues you'd like to discuss, feel free to PM me again.

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-14-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this Silver Nissan 370z had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black material. He came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The gloss black tied in nicely with his front windshield and his tinted rear glass. The gloss black roof is relatively a minor change to the car, but overall, changes the look of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com