Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

370Z Interior Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do it. Look at the guy that put a back seat in a 350z.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Jackson0927

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by huyrua
You can do it. Look at the guy that put a back seat in a 350z.
well thanks..... But i don't agree, this prolly can't be done, or is too difficult to be worth it. too many little things that just won't ever fit right, or look right. Although I also agree our interior needs some work.

You need to work on designing your own if you really want something different. Look at high end cars, and custom interiors for inspiration.

Im working now on my next project now, it's gunna be a complete interior overhaul. Starting with the dash/center console. should be super sweet.

Really want to share my drawings and ideas, but gunna hold off for my own thread.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:44 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jackson0927, you should look into doing a T-top. That would be mind blowing.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Jackson0927

maybe someday. focusing of the interior this winter....
Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Rocknthehawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is one of those threads....if you really have to ask how hard it would be, youre probably not capable of doing it.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:24 AM
zerostyle

well i would reply to some comments but i dont feel like it.
so ive decided on this...gona dump the idea of the 370 cluster i think it would present too many issues i really dont wana deal with, and will just do a led conversion/new gauge faces to the current cluster...and the triple gauges...i still want the 370 steering wheel so im gona bite the bullet and find one and see what happens...

and i like i was gona do purchase 06+ door panels+waterfall...
Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
JCITY
Banned

It looks to me that from your comments/replies,you have no real idea of what you want.
Just are bored of what you got.
A total change of the interior,given today's "everything connected to a computer" is darn near impossible.Or,at least not cost effective.Sell your car,by a 370 if thats the holy grail.The 370 is gonna look old after a few years.Then,you are back to square one...
If you have the bucks to match your ambition,buy a GTR.For the money,as technically advanced as they come.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
RENFRO

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

I would love to see this.

Back on track though, I don't mind the simplicity of the 350s interior. Nothing crazy fancy...it is what it is...a sports car in a simple form. I've got tinted windows and a shift ****. About all I'd like to do is put a set of seats in it eventually. Everything else is just dandy.

Good luck on the 370 swap if you decide to tackle it OP. Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Jackson0927

Originally Posted by zerostyle
well i would reply to some comments but i dont feel like it.
so ive decided on this...gona dump the idea of the 370 cluster i think it would present too many issues i really dont wana deal with, and will just do a led conversion/new gauge faces to the current cluster...and the triple gauges...i still want the 370 steering wheel so im gona bite the bullet and find one and see what happens...

and i like i was gona do purchase 06+ door panels+waterfall...
oh come on, don't get discouraged. I just think you were thinking it was going to be an easy swap. It takes hard work to have something one-off

the majority of this community supports the purchasing of parts, and the value of your z is basically judged by the amount of parts you bought off the shelf. 80% money, 20% what parts you choose.

if you want a custom interior your gunna have to design & fabricate it yourself. The hot rod community does it, why can't you?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
zerostyle

i have no idea what i want because im dumping the idea of the cluster? if you read i said all i wanted was to swap cluster/steering wheel...im not bored of my car i love my car but the interior needs to be upgraded. i dont like the 370...but NOBODY on this site can say that our interior is better than it.

Originally Posted by JCITY
It looks to me that from your comments/replies,you have no real idea of what you want.
Just are bored of what you got.
A total change of the interior,given today's "everything connected to a computer" is darn near impossible.Or,at least not cost effective.Sell your car,by a 370 if thats the holy grail.The 370 is gonna look old after a few years.Then,you are back to square one...
If you have the bucks to match your ambition,buy a GTR.For the money,as technically advanced as they come.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 AM
zerostyle

t tops been done...i recall seeing it on lemans...

Originally Posted by RENFRO
I would love to see this.

Back on track though, I don't mind the simplicity of the 350s interior. Nothing crazy fancy...it is what it is...a sports car in a simple form. I've got tinted windows and a shift ****. About all I'd like to do is put a set of seats in it eventually. Everything else is just dandy.

Good luck on the 370 swap if you decide to tackle it OP. Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
zerostyle

im not getting discouraged. you know nothing about what i think...itll just be easier to mess with my current cluster and make it better. since ive already messed with and taken it completely apart

Originally Posted by Jackson0927
oh come on, don't get discouraged. I just think you were thinking it was going to be an easy swap. It takes hard work to have something one-off

the majority of this community supports the purchasing of parts, and the value of your z is basically judged by the amount of parts you bought off the shelf. 80% money, 20% what parts you choose.

if you want a custom interior your gunna have to design & fabricate it yourself. The hot rod community does it, why can't you?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:00 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

OP, for 2 grand , you can have contrast stitch suede done over most of your dash, doors and headliner.
IMRs money green G35 was done for i think 1500 bucks.. then again, only ppl id ever let do my interior are hispanic, and they are good, plenty, and charge cheaply for that work here in AZ. Id never let a white boy like myself do my interior. Some ppl just have a culturally profecient skill.. if that sounds fkd up, well, yal like italian suits and italian calf skin on shoes right? Same deal.

the interior is nice enuff as a start.. all that makes the 370s better is suede accents, dash accents etc.. upholster it. Save yourself the hassle.

I know when i pulled my gauge cluster off and drove it for a day, i ended up on a flatbed getting towed. The voltage regulator circuit for the alternator is part of the column gauge.. w out it, you run off the battery until its dead.. id stay FAR away from tampering w the in car electronics.. in older cars, they would have just run your radio and your fan..

our car? Not even close to that simple./
Old 10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
bigcloud

I guess OP didn't look at my post. I will take my engineering methodology to another thread....

***takes advanced engineering skills and heads for the horizon***

Old 10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Jackson0927

Originally Posted by bigcloud
I guess OP didn't look at my post. I will take my engineering methodology to another thread....
hey i really liked your process.......

Originally Posted by zerostyle
im not getting discouraged. you know nothing about what i think..
this is true, I really don't want to know what you think, but apparently you just want to be a dick. Your pissed at people who say you can't, your pissed at people who say you can, but it won't be easy. what gives?

Were you hoping we would all tell you it was just plug & play?

oh and imo, your totally picking the wrong parts if you want to do a 370 conversion. No way the electronics are compatible from the 370-350. and the main cluster looks so much similar to the one we have, idk why you think that would make a drastic impact on the overall design.

same for the steering wheel, pick something else like the center dash, or the door panels if you really want to improve the look.

but I dont know anything.........

Last edited by Jackson0927; 10-17-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: grammar...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
bbs350z

do it, would be sick.

ive seen rsx interiors in integras, so with enough craftsmanship and knowhow this can be done
Old 10-18-2011, 05:19 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

You could try contacting these guys if you wanted something "new" done with the gauge cluster: http://www.blackcatcustom.com/Nissan%20350Z.htm

I tried switching from amber to blue, but when my install guy starting taking everything apart he realized he'd need special micro-soldering tools that the shop didn't have. So now I have a Black Cat guage cluster [behind the wheel] with the crappy amber light backing.
Like everyone else has said, it's possible but it's going to take a sh!tload of time, money and fabrication if you want anything other thant suede and Dy-Noc in the interior. Why not plan a budget and go talk to a pro to get some ideas?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 AM
bbs350z

^i have a guy in chicago who can do it for ya if your interested
Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 AM
supernadc2
Banned

Your member name really is the truth huh? .. lol jk.. busting your chops bro. I agree to a certain extent but i love that the Z interior is simple. Keep us posted, love to see this happen if possible. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 PM
zerostyle

bigcloud i didnt ignore your post...for the money/time/headaches ill deal with with doing the 370 cluster. i was gona get an extra cluster and hit up BCC.

thanks bmcann thats what i planned on doing was 06+swap on door panels center console and getting some of it wrapped in suede...who knows maybe i can do it myself since im hispanic. lol

Quick Reply: 370Z Interior Conversion