Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Motor Timing Off???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 AM
KingWiz24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor Timing Off???

hey guys. I'm new to the whole forum thing so i'm sorry if this is already a topic and would appreciate it if someone could link me in the right direction. I recently purchased an 08 Z and it has a problem where when i roll up the windows, they both automatically roll back down 3 inches. They go down just fine, but always come back down a little when i roll em up.

A friend told me the timing was off and that there was a way i could fix it without taking the door panel off or taking it to a shop by "resetting the timing on the motor." I've searched everywhere but cant find a solution and my friend doesn't seem to know exactly how to do it. Anyone have any idea how i can fix this on my own? or will i just have to take it to a shop?

Thanks for your time guys and hope someone can help me out!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Found a few threads for you to start with:

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...lly-close.html

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...lly-close.html

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...er-window.html

See if any help you out.

I did a search by title for "window gap" and "windows won't close"
Old 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

King, this is a not uncommon occurrence on 350Zs as well as some Toyota, Chrysler and other cars that use the same anti-pinch methodology for the power windows. The situation is that a window will operate normally if the switch is manually held to lift the window. However if the automatic close function is used the window will rise to the top, think its pinching some hapless child’s finger and will promptly reverse and lower the window a few inches.

If this is what you are experiencing, simply raise the window using the manual position on the switch, hold the switch on for an extra 3 or 4 seconds after the window has closed. Then lower the window to the bottom, again holding the switch on for an extra few seconds. Repeat this cycle three more times. After this, the auto close function should return to proper operation.

I used this procedure to teach my errant 04 Z to behave properly without resorting to a full-on motor reset.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM
KingWiz24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm doesn't seem to work. Iv'e tried both the tips you guys gave me. unless I'm doing it wrong. Regardless thanks a lot for the help, i appreciate it. I'll give it a few more tries.