Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on some body work

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:15 AM
alibasteous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on some body work

ok guys so i have been on forum for sometime, never really posted though. i know im going to get a lot of blow back on not doing this but its happening; was hoping i could get some assistance. since the first time i saw cayennes 350 i was in love. recently got the full Havoc wide body for a steal of a price. i am well versed in doing body conversions and such but this kit is a VERY minimal mold system. theres ALOT to do on it and sadly... i can find NO information on installation methods. namely the side skirts. does ANYONE have any experience with it or know who to talk to on how the side skirts are to be done? either there is about 4 hours of custom build up required , which seems silly, or it looks like i need to cut the factory side skirts and affix the new skins over those. im comfortable doing either... just want it done as the kit was originally intended to be installed and would rather not slice up the factory skirts only to find out it wasn't needed. thanks again guys for all your efforts and assistance.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 AM
alibasteous

Default 350z Havoc Conversion Ongoing

ok so this will be a journal of sorts as i post updates, frustrations and ask for advice while i dive into a massive project... the Havoc wide body conversion.
got a killer deal on the kit, but sadley not a soul out there seems to have any advice on istalling it. this kit is a VERY VERY basic kit. its a rough mold with no mounting holes drilled. might have no drill holes as it doesnt even have the flanges to drill holes into. so every piece must be measured, trimed, and flanges built up just to drill mount holes into. its a crap ton of work but coming along well. first thing i did was take the base donar car strip it down and applied a base primer that encourages fiberglass adhesion. then removed front ,rear and sides. the front was pretty simple to dry fit.

the rear however was a lot of precision cutting and build up.

now i have the side skirts dry hung in place in that picture. however i still need to attach the factory trimmed down side to the new fiberglass skin. does anyone have recommendations on how you'd do that? the factory skin is urethane while new cover is fiber glass. im thinking a few recessed pop rivets and back fill in between the two with spray foam to give added support . thoughts?

the short piece is one of the stock sides trimmed to what is needed for mounting. the photo on right shows what parts actually come in contact; its only point where the two meet is the first ridge inside the door jam sill. .

as i move forward in the next short time ill be doing the fender flares as well. now as im doing this.. what are your thoughts pros and cons on doing a smooth flush mounting? i know if i ever break a panel its a pain int he *** to repair when you cant remove it. but assuming i don't curb check and shatter it all... if i used a product like bondo glass to fill and smooth the panel seams. . . will they crack over time? or should it all hold fine for the fender contours?

thank you all and ill keep future pics and updates coming in.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Please throw the kit in the trash before you ruin a perfectly good car anymore
Old 07-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmmmmm
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM
alibasteous

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Please throw the kit in the trash before you ruin a perfectly good car anymore

i know imma get like no other for my decision in body kits. but i grew up overseas in an area that a TON of over the top kits are common scene. its what i like and feel comfortable with. id appreciate good feedback, but u know trolls love to troll so ill weed through those posts for the ones with the feedback im seeking. and for those who do flame the hell out of this post... well, im glad to see my terrible choice and stupid decisions entertain you and keep your attention.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

There are enough "over the top" body kits you could have picked that aren't absolute garbage. Veilside, Amuse supperleggera, etc. You do realize why nobody has installation advice for that eye sore of a kit that you chose, right?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've seen a car locally that has this kit, I hate it but to each his own.

It's going to take a lot of work for it to look great though..
Old 07-24-2013, 09:36 AM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for ruining the car

No one is going to help you because no one in their right state of mind will do this to a car.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Holy crap, I saw a vert today with that same bumper while on the Camp Pendleton beach today. I almost swerved to hit him head on to save the Z from being destroyed anymore. How can anyone think it looks got. It makes the Veilside catfish bumper look classy.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM
clarkah

That wheel gap... I'm sorry this is no longer a z
Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 AM
More Lotion

Here you go bro... http://nissan350zbodykit.com/
Please try again.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:52 PM
alibasteous

well i knew id get flamed. and thats fine. i like the look. its so over the top i cant help but to love it. i have seen a ton of kits over the years, and while they differ... they aren't a HUGE change from stock. if im gonna do the time to make a change. i want it to be massive. it was this or the v3. both are massive changes. but this one is just. ... over the top. ill make sure i keep the updates coming. so for those who are reluctant to speak up, enjoy. to those who wish to keep flaming... enjoy. either way.. its already begun, and its going through. lol now onto a topic i hope to get some good feedback on. the wheel gap on this new kit is to much to ignore. i need to stretch the stance 2 inches per side. i have found 2 options. either go with spacers to bring the wheels out. or go with a "deep well" rim. both bring the rubber flush with the new fenders. any advice on pros and cons of going with these options? or will it have the same result either way? thanks again everyone.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by alibasteous
i have been on forum for sometime, never really posted though. i knew id get flamed. and thats fine. i like the look. ill make sure i keep the updates coming. so for those who are reluctant to speak up, enjoy. to those who wish to keep flaming... enjoy. either way.. its already begun, and its going through.
Lol... you know how this forum works. Being on the forum since 2010, you should know better. I don't flame much but I'll throw in my two cent.

Originally Posted by alibasteous
i hope to get some good feedback on. the wheel gap on this new kit is to much to ignore. i have found 2 options. either go with spacers to bring the wheels out. or go with a "deep well" rim. both bring the rubber flush with the new fenders. any advice on pros and cons of going with these options? or will it have the same result either way? thanks again everyone.
You won't get any good feed backs here because very few member(s) has gone through with this kit and those who did, probably don't own the car anymore.

As for your 2 options: The biggest spacers won't push your stock wheels out far enough to sit flush. And even if you do find spacers that big of a spacer, I wouldn't put them on. You'll need to go with option 2... wheels with custom spec and offset very expensive, not including tires.

I do not like your kit... very poor choice but it's your money, your car, good luck with your build.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:50 AM
freddys 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a reason you got a "DEAL" on that kit. because no one in there right mind would put that on the 350. not unless you do everything over the top(interior, engine bay, suspension, wheels) and make it strictly a show piece.

if you put that kit on and some spacers, its just gonna be a joke.

wither way, its your money. and if you looking for support, you wont get much if any for obvious reasons.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 AM
WeightLimit

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you've overstepped your boundaries; mounting kits like this is no easy task. From what I've read so far, you should try to find some local guy that is a body tech. to help if you want this done. As long as hes not a hack, you might be ok. But it wont help it look any better in the end
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 AM
logan09

everything from the tail lights to the body kit and the horrible flat black screams kill me now. I'm sorry about your Z
Old 08-01-2013, 08:09 AM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should throw the kit away. But if you're dead set on getting this installed... Take it to a bodyshop and spend some $$$ doing it right. You're going to need someone decent with fiber to fix that thing lol. GOODLUCK
Old 08-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

This Z should be euthanized before it suffers any longer.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:35 AM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is best case scenario? I hope you've thought this through. As the car is already torn apart I'm guessing you have lol.

Quick Reply: Help on some body work