Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the "bmccann101s car gets a new look/ watch me suffer bodywork hell" thread

Old 05-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i do have the ecv ^ I just havent mounted the handle and drilled the hole for the cable yet lol.. i figure ill add it to the planted seat base so that way i just do the ol " cop drives by so i close the muffler up by doing what looks like a "grab the gun under my seat" move"... seems like the smart call lol.

Im really just being lazy becuase pulling my seats out w the car still in the garage is going to be a nightmare... and the door panel already hits the driovers shoulder bolster.. needs to adjust towards the center console..

waiting to do it all at once when Takata finally has my belts in stock in the US lol.
Cant wait to install em tbh. Sht will look clean n scary.

Its funny you mention that ECV .. most other people dont know what it actually is

some troll kid on Chris Alphas page commented " the award for the longest description of an exhaust cut out goes to Brian McCann"...

smmfh.. its a butterfly yes.. but it is NOT a cut out lol.. like at ALL. lol
Lol I've been into the aftermarket part stuff since the 90's. I didn't know Sh** until the last few years but I think I've seen most of the stuff out there. Window shopping is fun on the internet lol.

Send me a pm when you have it all running about how the smell is with the valve shut. I'd like to run no cat with the ecv and am curious if it reduces how much smell comes out on idle low speed etc. Just trying to avoid that level of LEO instigation at stop lights etc... Sitting duck areas.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:34 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Maybe tint your windshield with one step percentage wise lighter than the rest of the tint

I have my car done in 20% with the windshield 1 step lighter can't remember if its 30% or 35%

but it looks very nice and not very obvious
Old 05-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Hipsters are all into that whole "this is totally dumb and un-functional, therefore it's cool and relevant to my life" bs.

BIKE HAS NO BRAKES? MUST BE COOL BEFORE COOL!

I rode brakeless for several years - I never had problems. I think i'm a pretty far departure from the typical hipster but I do agree that its a pretty fair assessment to some people i have come across.

Looks awesome so far btw
Old 05-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
I rode brakeless for several years - I never had problems. I think i'm a pretty far departure from the typical hipster but I do agree that its a pretty fair assessment to some people i have come across.

Looks awesome so far btw
That's just a generalization of the people in California lol. Not everyone is like that lmao
Old 05-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Oh I agree - the whole " if its not fixed its broke" crowd annoy me though.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:37 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

in other news.. precision lost my turbo.. becuase i didnt send any paperwpork with it.. because i wasnt told to do so by the agent i spoke w about sending it back.. nor when i called after the first week to find out how long it takes and status etc.. nor was it on the website.

SO.. after almost a month, they went to receiving and hey.. there it was just sitting there.
At that point.. i was told it will be another 1.5 weeks ... and that "hey, we didnt get any of the requried paperwork with it man"...

Im not fkng happy here. Only time ( no pun here) will tell how this will end up.

In the meantime, the car is pretty much done and sitting here waiting for a turbo.. so i can start it and then figure out if the alternator needs the regulator warrantied or not.. but w out the alternator plugged in, my amperage draw spikes to .4 something.. then slowly down to about .22.. and that i can live with.
I have a feeling when the alternator is plugged back in.. a bad diode may be whats causing it to stay energized all the time w a larger draw. But shorting to ground seems to be out of the picture now that the voltage and amperage draw is fairly common sized now.

Thats literally all im sittinng here waiting for otherwise this car would be out on the street killing souls.

Last edited by bmccann101; 05-20-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Damn that sucks - Keep us posted. 1.5 weeks isnt too bad.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Resmarted

BUY MY TURBO ANYWAY. JK. No but srs. Then have a weird downpipe fabbed.
Just cut into the timing cover/head to make room. NBD. Don't need the front right cylinder anyway when you has boost
Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

shipping stuff important always keep the carrier and tracking , send it signature required

then you know what day , date , and time it was signed for and by who signed for it

probably a good idea to put your business card in with the item and a note of why it is being returned

just saying
Old 05-21-2015, 06:10 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

in other news.. precision lost my turbo.. becuase i didnt send any paperwpork with it.. because i wasnt told to do so by the agent i spoke w about sending it back.. nor when i called after the first week to find out how long it takes and status etc.. nor was it on the website.

SO.. after almost a month, they went to receiving and hey.. there it was just sitting there.
At that point.. i was told it will be another 1.5 weeks ... and that "hey, we didnt get any of the requried paperwork with it man"...
NOW.... I am entertained. gotta love the requirements which aren't stated or listed anywhere.
hope it gets done proper though
Old 05-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

in other news.. precision lost my turbo.. becuase i didnt send any paperwpork with it.. because i wasnt told to do so by the agent i spoke w about sending it back..

IMO

With a couple blown turbos at only a few X,xxx miles and spotty Customer service, Precision isn't looking too good right now
Old 05-22-2015, 07:50 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Thats literally all im sittinng here waiting for otherwise this car would be out on the street killing souls.

LOLZ

Godspeed brother, godspeed.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:11 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
IMO

With a couple blown turbos at only a few X,xxx miles and spotty Customer service, Precision isn't looking too good right now
yeah there's plenty of ppl having huge issues w them right now.. they ( company) appear to be falling apart.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Go with Borg warner next time around if ya can. With your built motor I'd be anxious to see what the effer can really do on twins. Specifically the new AAM BW twin setup using the efr's..... IMHO would take the entire build to the next level. Granted that would require a new exhaust setup etc.. But would lower intake temps in the bay which is crucial. Just thinking aloud Something to consider for after this summer season. With all the rad *** body work done to this car sky's the limit with everything else. Eff it homie I would 2J it with a big ole BW BL366 and call it a day ! Best of both worlds imho. Z33 timeless body with the soul of an assassin
Old 05-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Go with Borg warner next time around if ya can. With your built motor I'd be anxious to see what the effer can really do on twins. Specifically the new AAM BW twin setup using the efr's..... IMHO would take the entire build to the next level. Granted that would require a new exhaust setup etc.. But would lower intake temps in the bay which is crucial. Just thinking aloud Something to consider for after this summer season. With all the rad *** body work done to this car sky's the limit with everything else. Eff it homie I would 2J it with a big ole BW BL366 and call it a day ! Best of both worlds imho. Z33 timeless body with the soul of an assassin
Sounds like about 8 grand, oh wait no you changed that tune to 20 thousand plus.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Sounds like about 8 grand, oh wait no you changed that tune to 20 thousand plus.
Yeah just ish talking really .... It would be cool to see this thing perform in it's current config. Drag, roll runs, track maybe
Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Yeah just ish talking really .... It would be cool to see this thing perform in it's current config. Drag, roll runs, track maybe
Lol I don't think the car would do very well at drag without reworking the wheels/tires/suspension a lot lol.

Neg camber in the rear means wheelspin for days esp on a z33
Old 05-27-2015, 04:17 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

yeah its only neg like this aired out tho.. when its up at ride height.. its like maybe negative 1 and change.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:19 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

im still not drag racing this thing lol.. if i break anything needlessly on this car this year im packing up and getting out of the game lol .
Old 05-27-2015, 04:22 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jdmfetish
shipping stuff important always keep the carrier and tracking , send it signature required

then you know what day , date , and time it was signed for and by who signed for it

probably a good idea to put your business card in with the item and a note of why it is being returned

just saying
i sent all of the above... and had all of the above tracking etc.. just not "their form".. so it sat.

F#cking ridiculous i say. couldnt believe it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the "bmccann101s car gets a new look/ watch me suffer bodywork hell" thread