Sponsored by:

How do i disable driverseat air bag?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MrKaira
like how to read which airbag is malfunctioning. Do you have a link to where I can find that?
if you have the service man. its like on page SRS-32.

else here ya go- (note this is off the 03 manual)
Attached Thumbnails How do i disable driverseat air bag?-srs1.jpg   How do i disable driverseat air bag?-srs2.jpg   How do i disable driverseat air bag?-srs3.jpg   How do i disable driverseat air bag?-srs4.jpg  
Old 04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having problems with the reset procedure. it looks like i'm getting the code for the LH air bag module circuit.
i removed both front seats, both curtain air bags, and the RH seatbelt. i put a 2.2ohm resistor in each. it seems i am making good contact on all resistors (i bent the leads and pushed them in with a needle nose). any ideas?

FYI - i have an '04 G35.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

disregard previous post...i'm an idiot. apparently, when you put the resistors in, you have to put it in the smaller holes, not the bigger ones me being mr. smarty pants thought that it was all the same...and that i just wasn't getting it in there all the way.

after a couple of HOURS of expletive after expletive, i figure i didn't have anything to lose and gave it a shot. lo and behold
Old 10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
enuff4life

Originally Posted by type59
i dont have a z but i was reading on the g forum to get my airbag light off.

what i did was buy a variety pack at radioshack. think it was 12 bucks or something. it has to have a 2.2ohm (comes with 5 in my pack). it has 2 red strips and 2 gold ones. all i did was bend the ends and plug it in. didnt have to reset anything. no more blinking light.
that was easy work.

So how do we disable weight sensor for 06+ seats?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by enuff4life
that was easy work.

So how do we disable weight sensor for 06+ seats?
there is a procedure in the DIY section, i believe you have to take apart the oem seat to remove the weight sensor (looks like a clear bag) with wires sticking out of it.

i believe the OP of the DIY thread rolled it up and put Zip ties to put pressure on the sensors until it registered that there was 'someone in the seat'...
Old 11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
mason

hey, ive been trying to reset my airbag light by using 5 10ohm 1/2 watt resistors in parallel. the dealer said that both seat airbag sensors are bad, and i was wondering if the resistors should still work when the computer knows that the sensors are bad (im not taking out or replacing the seats, just trying to fix the airbag light).I have tried sticking the ends in the holes, using wire splicers, and finally directly attached them with a jump cable, and nothing works... does anybody know what else to try or what in doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
kihun

Is there anyway you can post up picture DIY? that would be great.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:29 AM
kihun

Chebosto, be my god and post up picture of resister please and instructions.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

if you can find this resistor:
the first three colors as red/black/gold you should be ok- 4th band is tolerance...
Attached Thumbnails How do i disable driverseat air bag?-2ohm.jpg  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
kihun

Chebosto.. Thank you bro but is there anyway you can take a picture of how resister line up together with wires and stuff.. like DIY write up or something.. Grr I should have gone with Electrical Engineerr.. =TT
Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by kihun
Chebosto.. Thank you bro but is there anyway you can take a picture of how resister line up together with wires and stuff.. like DIY write up or something.. Grr I should have gone with Electrical Engineerr.. =TT

attached is the 5 resistor trick from the instructions on the first page..

if you are too afraid to do this, do not understand any part of the instructions, did not pay attention during any science class during school,then i suggest you follow the 2nd picture...
Attached Thumbnails How do i disable driverseat air bag?-ufailatelectronics.jpg   How do i disable driverseat air bag?-option2.jpg  

Last edited by Chebosto; 11-25-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 AM
kihun

LOL!!!!!!!! Thanks bro!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 AM
dnguyent

Thanks for the writeup and graphics Cheston. I did my drivers side airbag cutoff this past weekend, and it worked like a charm. I think it cost me ~$3 and about 45 minutes tops; about 1/2 that time was spent going through the reset procedure because I kept botching it up.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Slabrose123

What Happens to The Red SeatBelt Not Bucket Light when you remove your SeatBelts Completely Because your using harnesses ??
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Slabrose123
What Happens to The Red SeatBelt Not Bucket Light when you remove your SeatBelts Completely Because your using harnesses ??
stays on.

why would you not use your OEM seat belts? you can easily remove it and attach it to your new seats. using a full 4 point harness w/o a roll bar on the street is unsafe.

if anything, unclip your oem seat belt receiver, and just click it into the insert that's on your bpillar.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
JDM_Cain

bump..
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
ginobetterfly

sorry if this is a dumb question but what happens if you put in an aftermarket DRIVER seat in and not do this reset procedure with the resistors right away? is the only problem that the light will keep flashing and the side airbag will not go off? the steering wheel bag will still go off during a collision right??

im only asking because i will be putting my sparco driver seat in and may not have time to do the resistors trick right away.... this is an 05 enthusiast model.

thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
sorry if this is a dumb question but what happens if you put in an aftermarket DRIVER seat in and not do this reset procedure with the resistors right away? is the only problem that the light will keep flashing and the side airbag will not go off? the steering wheel bag will still go off during a collision right??

im only asking because i will be putting my sparco driver seat in and may not have time to do the resistors trick right away.... this is an 05 enthusiast model.
0. remove battery terminal before install.

1. if you put the race seat in w/o resistors and power on the car you will get the SRS light, and will have to do the reset procedure once you place the resistor in.

2. if you put the race seat in w/ resistor and power on the car, you won't get the SRS light and don't need to do the reset procedure.

i would suspect that the SRS system has determined a fault somewhere in the system... there is a possibility that none or all the bags might go off. i don't know the answer to that question, but i would assume if there is no light, the system would think everything is normal and the respective bags would react as they normally would in an accident..
Old 05-10-2010, 04:52 PM
ginobetterfly

^ thanks... so removing the battery terminal before install is a must? what is the reason for this?

also, do i HAVE to do the reset procedure if i have the SRS light before driving the car, or is it something that can wait? the only concern here is that one or more airbags may not go off in case of an accident if the SRS light is on and the resistor fix and reset procedure have not yet been implemented, right?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
^ thanks... so removing the battery terminal before install is a must? what is the reason for this?

also, do i HAVE to do the reset procedure if i have the SRS light before driving the car, or is it something that can wait? the only concern here is that one or more airbags may not go off in case of an accident if the SRS light is on and the resistor fix and reset procedure have not yet been implemented, right?

you want to have Zero power going through the system, or for some extremely rare reason you are statically inclined and accidentally have a charge and touch the air bag leads or something, but its just for precaution.

do you HAVE to do the reset? no. you dont have to do anything. if you have the SRS light before you did anything, then you already know you have a problem that is independent of your seat install. the reset can wait if the SRS comes blinking on... your concern is correct.. one or more airbags may go off, or might not go off at all if you happen to have an accident before your reset procedure. that is a risk you will have to take.

Quick Reply: How do i disable driverseat air bag?