Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? On vinyl wrapping on my Z

Old 04-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Lexo350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? On vinyl wrapping on my Z

I have a question for the pros that do their own wrap. I'm about to take that challenge but before than I would like to ask the Gurus how many feet do I need to wrap my entire Z. And any tips or tricks would be very appreciated. Thank you guys.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:53 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

5x45 if you know how to budget on stock body and make little to no mistakes. 5x75 if you make mistakes during the learning curve and don't know how to budget the material.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Qtip350z

If it's your first wrap you WILL need extra!
I used almost 90ft for my first wrap.
Check out my thread!

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...inyl-wrap.html
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 PM
_stickerz

Get a 25yr roll of 60" material. Stick with 3M or Avery, don't buy china crap or Hexis. If your picky and want a paint like final outcome and warranty pay for a shop with a few years experience and good rep to do it.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 PM
nscheuermann

Man I've been thinking about taking this on too. I watch some videos and get so stoked, then see others that make really seriously reconsider ha.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Very much agree with _stickerz on the China crap and the off brands. They tend to be thicker, the adhesive comes off the vinyl, and it bubbles or shrinks easily. However, I actually like Hexis (iirc made in France), it's a bit thinner and more difficult to work with but it's a great vinyl that doesn't lift. Wrapped my Z in Hexis gloss white.

Why avoid Hexis _stickerz? Just seeing your perspective on the brand. I have notice some of the distributors out there have stopped carrying it.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Lexo350z

Wow. So I take it that it's a bit difficult....... Any advice on tips or tricks on how to start, where to start.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 PM
_stickerz

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

Very much agree with _stickerz on the China crap and the off brands. They tend to be thicker, the adhesive comes off the vinyl, and it bubbles or shrinks easily. However, I actually like Hexis (iirc made in France), it's a bit thinner and more difficult to work with but it's a great vinyl that doesn't lift. Wrapped my Z in Hexis gloss white.

Why avoid Hexis _stickerz? Just seeing your perspective on the brand. I have notice some of the distributors out there have stopped carrying it.
We tend to have more warranty work with Hexis wraps, mostly with porsche bodies. I've also noticed that colors and media are not consistent from lot to lot ex. we ordered 2 rolls of matte teal and one was gray adhesive liner and felt like a latex glove, the second roll of the exact same color had a clear adhesive liner similar to 3M's matte metallic films and felt real thin. When applied to a colored surface the film with the gray liner was brighter. 3M has been bullet proof and is the easiest to remove, availability is great and its just so easy to work with but they are limited with colors.