Sponsored by:

Superleggera or SL2

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:29 AM
joonvang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superleggera or SL2

Hi Everyone,

I'm debating if I should get the Supperegra front bumper or the Sl2. I've heard that the Supperleggerea bumper from VIS does not fit as well as the
SL2 that they also make. How does fitment compare on these two and who should I get it from for the best fitment. Also did VIS discontinue SLD with the Carbon fiber lip? Anyones opinion/experience with these kit would strongly be appreciated.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

If they are both Vis products just expect they to fit the same.

Chris
Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 AM
MonkeyMagic72

I have a complete kit. I never have a chance to test fit on my car yet or have it paint. I will let you guys know how good the kit is when I am going have it paint and install.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 AM
joonvang

Which kit do you have? the SL2 or the Superleggera?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:49 AM
MonkeyMagic72

To clarify, SL2 kit is from Strafe, but some people believed that kit is made by VIS. VIS named their same kit Astek, thus I have the VIS Astek kit. Also, VIS makes the knockoff Amuse superleggera kit. Hence, the SL2 kit named. I remember, while back there is a vendor on this forum sell the Strafe SL2 kit, but I could not remember who it was. I have to look up.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:28 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

superleggera gear ONLY works with superleggera kit.. the fender to bumper area is 100% completely different. No simple body work will allow them to be used together w regular body pieces.

Also, any vis Superleggera gear cant be bought separartely.. its the whole kit or nothing.. only Duraflex /ED sells them in pieces..
Old 07-29-2014, 11:28 AM
joonvang

Man that would be a big help, yea I know its from strafe but it looks like thaey don't exist anymore. If I was going to get the SL2, I would prefer getting the Carbon lip with it. But yea if you can let me know how it fit on yours, I would really apprecaite that. I ran into that fitment problem before with my G35

Danm and I was thinking about buying the SL2 Front bumper with the Supperlegera Fenders.

Last edited by SR71; 07-29-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: merged
Old 07-29-2014, 11:53 AM
MonkeyMagic72

Originally Posted by joonvang
Man that would be a big help, yea I know its from strafe but it looks like thaey don't exist anymore. If I was going to get the SL2, I would prefer getting the Carbon lip with it. But yea if you can let me know how it fit on yours, I would really apprecaite that. I ran into that fitment problem before with my G35
I track my car, work on it, prep it before ready to take it too the track. It has been a very busy summer, but fun. I will see what I can do. Maybe, I will fit my front bumper for you to see when I have it on the jack stands.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

if you buy the superleggera bumper, yes you will need to get the fenders , but then you need the side skirts too bro. aside from that, you dont have to mess w the rear.

This being said.. i am heavily sponsored by VIS and can offer similar discounts to people.. im not a shop, just a dude whos sponsored.
i believe the "my price" on the VIS Superleggera full kit that i can offer others is about 1800 bucks before shipping if i recall correctly. find me on facebook ( next to my avatar) and message me if youre interested. I own many of the superleggera parts from them.

ive wound up cutting the fenders in half and blending them into stock fenders to be able to run my other kit parts.. its not cheap.. labor alone was around 2 grand to have that done lol.

Last edited by bmccann101; 07-29-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:14 PM
joonvang

Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic72
I track my car, work on it, prep it before ready to take it too the track. It has been a very busy summer, but fun. I will see what I can do. Maybe, I will fit my front bumper for you to see when I have it on the jack stands.
Yea if you can, that will help very much. i'm looking forward on purchasing either the sl2 or Supperlegera kit soon
Old 07-29-2014, 12:18 PM
MonkeyMagic72

Found it. It was R1Autoworks vendor who sells it. And here is the link.

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...-2013-a-6.html
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM
joonvang

Originally Posted by bmccann101
if you buy the superleggera bumper, yes you will need to get the fenders , but then you need the side skirts too bro. aside from that, you dont have to mess w the rear.

This being said.. i am heavily sponsored by VIS and can offer similar discounts to people.. im not a shop, just a dude whos sponsored.
i believe the "my price" on the VIS Superleggera full kit that i can offer others is about 1800 bucks before shipping if i recall correctly. find me on facebook ( next to my avatar) and message me if youre interested. I own many of the superleggera parts from them.

ive wound up cutting the fenders in half and blending them into stock fenders to be able to run my other kit parts.. its not cheap.. labor alone was around 2 grand to have that done lol.

Considering that you sell them, would you know anything about the fitment? I know its going to need minor or major work depending on the quality of it. I was looking forward on getting the Front Bumper, Side Fender, skirt, and the spoiler of the superleggera kit

Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic72
Found it. It was R1Autoworks vendor who sells it. And here is the link.

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...-2013-a-6.html
Awsome, thanks bro. I will be buying from this guy if your fitment is close to being good.

Last edited by SR71; 07-29-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: merged
Old 07-29-2014, 12:46 PM
MonkeyMagic72

Make sure you check the vendor's status is still active on this forum. And also, ask about if they have the SL2 kit in stock and ready to ship. If they are not in stock, then you have to wait for the kit to be made in order to ship out.

I bought mine from some one else, and I was lucky they have the kit in stock and ship out quick, but it was like ten days before I received it.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 AM
cool_as_ice

VIS has been selling them in pieces.

superleggera gear ONLY works with superleggera kit.. the fender to bumper area is 100% completely different. No simple body work will allow them to be used together w regular body pieces.

Also, any vis Superleggera gear cant be bought separartely.. its the whole kit or nothing.. only Duraflex /ED sells them in pieces..
Old 07-30-2014, 10:19 AM
cool_as_ice

Question - since VIS is your sponsor, you think you can get me a good price on the fenders and side skirts?

Do I need the side skirts that goes with it or can I use a different splitter?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:29 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

You have to buy the entire.kit...it is not split apart to buy in pieces.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM
cool_as_ice

I actually just need the fenders as it will be molded into another kit. . .
Do you have any extra laying around?

You have to buy the entire.kit...it is not split apart to buy in pieces.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Any extra?? Not sure I follow..
Again..vis will not sell you separate amuse superleggera wide kit parts. The only one who does is ed..I'd never recommend that brand..

And again.."blending into another kit" is going to take far more work than you think.. i did so myself and they look similar to stock..but they arent..

Everyone thinks "it can't be that bad"..but yes it in fact is.. they are very dimensionally different from stock..
You are basically rebuilding your own fender entirely from scratch to "blend them"..
Old 07-30-2014, 11:13 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Far FAR cheaper to simply modify a stock fender in a similar fashion to the amuse.. or just buy the kebektires.com version I had previously. .they have a bigger cut out and stock shape.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM
cool_as_ice

Here's the separate fenders for sale. . .

2003-2008 Nissan 350Z 2Dr Ams Widebody Front Fenders : VIS Racing 03NS3502DAMSWB-007
http://www.visracingbodykits.com/200...-p-562283.html

Sorry, I must have missed read - I thought you had some fenders that you've cut through your R&D process for your build that you might not be using.

The blending / molding will not be an issue. I can get it done. Just needed the fenders so we can get to work.

Any extra?? Not sure I follow..
Again..vis will not sell you separate amuse superleggera wide kit parts. The only one who does is ed..I'd never recommend that brand..

And again.."blending into another kit" is going to take far more work than you think.. i did so myself and they look similar to stock..but they arent..

Everyone thinks "it can't be that bad"..but yes it in fact is.. they are very dimensionally different from stock..
You are basically rebuilding your own fender entirely from scratch to "blend them"..

Quick Reply: Superleggera or SL2