Sponsored by:

Mazterpiece Splitters & Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 04:36 AM
mVP

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mazterpiece Splitters & Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipping

Hey guys,

Before I go ahead and pull the trigger on these I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the Mazterpiece splitters. Here is a link to the product- the guy only has a Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/mazterpiecesplitters

So, who has them? What is your experience with them regarding quality, ease of installation, and them holding up?

I'm also looking at having them carbon fiber hydro dipped. I'd like to know about the durability of this process. I autocross my car and do occasional track days- so how will the hydro dip hold up? I can of course tape up the side splitters but also wanted to be sure it is safe to put tape on this finished surface.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:46 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I've seen it in person and was told it was straight forward process. hydro dipping is nothing more durable than paint so I'd protect it with painters tape like anything else.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM
DilleyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just recently purchased and installed them. very quality splitters and good guy to buy from. the install is tricky cause its up to you how you attach to the OEM side skirts, but some screws with nuts along the bottoms holds them nice and they look really good in my opinion.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:51 AM
mVP

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DilleyZ
i just recently purchased and installed them. very quality splitters and good guy to buy from. the install is tricky cause its up to you how you attach to the OEM side skirts, but some screws with nuts along the bottoms holds them nice and they look really good in my opinion.
Did you get the hydro dipped splitters? He recommended self tapping screws and nuts every 3 inches to me.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:05 PM
DilleyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mVP
Did you get the hydro dipped splitters? He recommended self tapping screws and nuts every 3 inches to me.
I did not get the hydro dipped and in terms of mourning the side splitters, a nut evey 3 inches is overkill in my opinion. I just purchased some small bolts and locking nuts and put like 10 bolts and nuts across the splitter and it hold very strong and sturdy with no wavy look. the OEM side splitter isn’t flat so it does take some spots to pull the splitter tight.