Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:31 PM
mforno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Programming a key fob for 350z not working

Hi all!

This is my first post on the forum
I am from Australia, QLD.

I just bought a 2003 Nissan 350z and it only had one key and no key fob so I just bought one on ebay and got it today. Now, the instructions told me to get in the car, shut both doors and press the power lock switch on the drivers side. When I did that, the passenger side door locked but not the drivers side, is that normal?

So after that happened I manually pressed the drivers door lock in as the passenger side door was already locked. I then went ahead and put the key in the ignition cylinder 6 times and on the 6th time both doors unlocked but did not see no hazard lights come on. I tried multiple times with more than 6 times also without no luck.

If someone could please help me with this problem I am having it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-30-2014, 05:14 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key in ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder a minimum of six times within 10 seconds. Your hazard lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. (Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time). If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push any button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps should flash. (Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your hazard lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Done
Old 10-30-2014, 06:54 AM
amr_electron

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't work for me either, I believe it has something to do with the car being NON-USDM ...
Old 10-30-2014, 07:06 AM
travlee
Master

i just ordered new fobs that should be delivered today, i will see what those instructions say
Old 10-31-2014, 07:42 AM
mforno

Great, looking forward to see if those new fob's work for you.

How do I know if my car is non-usbn?

I do everything in that video, both doors unlock themselves after the 6th time putting the key in and no harzard lights.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:47 AM
travlee
Master

i got home too late to get them from the apartment office, i will get them after work but not sure if i will have time tonight, leaving out of town first thing in the morning so i will be running around tonight
Old 10-31-2014, 08:21 AM
mforno

Originally Posted by travlee
i got home too late to get them from the apartment office, i will get them after work but not sure if i will have time tonight, leaving out of town first thing in the morning so i will be running around tonight
Cool, no problem
Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 PM
travlee
Master

daaaaaaaaaaammit, didn't get home before the office closed... will be tuesday, sorry
Old 11-01-2014, 10:33 PM
mforno

Bump
Old 11-05-2014, 04:03 AM
travlee
Master

got mine in, and comparing to my factory one it is identical (same fcc number, model number and manufacturer). i will get them programmed tonight, i did read on the instructions that some you have to insert and remove 12 times

here are the ones i purchased

Amazon.com: 2 KeylessOption Replacement Keyless Entry Remote Control Key Fob Compatible with KBRASTU15: Automotive Amazon.com: 2 KeylessOption Replacement Keyless Entry Remote Control Key Fob Compatible with KBRASTU15: Automotive
Old 11-05-2014, 03:21 PM
travlee
Master

so with the remotes i got it took all of 15 seconds to program both remotes
Old 11-06-2014, 04:52 PM
mforno

so with the remotes i got it took all of 15 seconds to program both remotes
Great to hear that you got it working!

So what was the problem in the end? Was it the wrong keyfob you were using or a faulty one?

Also, that amazon link you showed was so much better of a deal than what I paid. I got ripped off. I paid $55 for the blank key and $35 for the dodgey keyfob where amazong offers 2 keyfobs plus the key for only $25! So I'v spent $90 all up on a dodgey key.

With your old keyfob did your doors unlock on the 6th go? and with the new keyfob did they unlock on the 6th go?
Old 11-06-2014, 04:55 PM
travlee
Master

mine was just old and the range wasn't very far anymore. i have all 3 remotes working now with no issues,, and yeah i put the key in and removed it 6 times just like the instructions said.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:39 PM
mforno

mine was just old and the range wasn't very far anymore. i have all 3 remotes working now with no issues,, and yeah i put the key in and removed it 6 times just like the instructions said.
Do you remember if your doors unlocked on the 6th go of pulling it out?

I am trying to diagnose the problem with mine.

You see, when I go to press the button on the door that locks both doors, only the passenger side door locks and leaves the drivers door unlocked. So I then manually press the lock on the drivers door and then do the process of putting the key in and out and then on the 6th go both doors unlock themselves and when I keep putting the key in no matter how many times I still do not see any flashing hazard lights to tell me its ready to be programmed.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:40 AM
travlee
Master

nothing unlocked, just the hazards flashed. that is really weird about yours..... maybe order a new remote or something, not sure
Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 AM
Bruce Langdon

Originally Posted by mforno
Hi all!

I just bought a 2003 Nissan 350z and it only had one key and no key fob so I just bought one on ebay and got it today. Now, the instructions told me to get in the car, shut both doors and press the power lock switch on the drivers side. When I did that, the passenger side door locked but not the drivers side, is that normal?

So after that happened I manually pressed the drivers door lock in as the passenger side door was already locked. I then went ahead and put the key in the ignition cylinder 6 times and on the 6th time both doors unlocked but did not see no hazard lights come on. I tried multiple times with more than 6 times also without no luck.

If someone could please help me with this problem I am having it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

just wondered of if you ever sorted your key fob problem. I have just bought a 2005 model with only one fob so did the same thing...bought 2 on eBay it found same issues with the drivers door not locking using the power lock. Then unlocking both after inserting key six times. Very frustrating! I thought maybe an Aussie model problem.

did you have any luck solving this problem?

cheers, Bruce
Old 05-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Tommy Wang

I am from Queensland as well, my 2003 model also has this problem. I have to lock the door manually. The door always unlock when I did 6 times pull out key. They so many times and can not find flash light. Anyone has solution? thx
Old 11-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Chris Fleming

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy ****
I am from Queensland as well, my 2003 model also has this problem. I have to lock the door manually. The door always unlock when I did 6 times pull out key. They so many times and can not find flash light. Anyone has solution? thx
Hey mate from WA here having the same issue wth my 2005 model, did you find a solution to it?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Chris Fleming

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I played around with it and found the solution that worked for me. Lock doors by the handle not the button, key in and out 6 times the doors will unlock lock them again with the handle not the button, put the key into accessory then hold the unlock button on the key fob. Hope it helps the next person with this problem
The following 2 users liked this post by Chris Fleming:
Johnno (01-20-2023), kakaboy (11-19-2022)
Old 08-28-2019, 12:36 AM
350zed_Steve

Originally Posted by mforno
Hi all!

Thanks,

Mark
G'day Mark,
I have the same frustrating problem, I have a 2008 350z it does the same as yours.
Also apparently if you press both lock/unlock buttons on the fob it turns the horn on, as seen on YouTube and that doesn't work. Also keep pressing the unlock button on the fob the windows go down.. Nothing works..
What is going on with these cars and their fob's?
Any luck yet?

Quick Reply: Programming a key fob for 350z not working