Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Seat rail problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:08 AM
djmike350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sparco Seat rail problem?

I have recently purchased some bride low max seats, along with that i purchased the driver and passenger side rails to mount onto the floor,

however a problem I wasn't aware of until after I installed them was the passenger side was almost 3-4 inches taller than the driver due to the way the floor is made in the manual transmissions of the 350z.

I emailed sparco and this is what they told me..

The passenger side will sit higher than the driver side. Unfortunately that’s the lowest it will seat due to the way the floor is on the passenger side. There is a hump on the passenger side near the transmission tunnel which prevents the base to sit any lower. This is the same situation for the G35’s. For this reason we do not offer the passenger side base through our website and they are only special ordered.

If you are looking for a return/refund you will have to contact the original shop/website you purchased it from. Where did you purchase the bases? The shop should have informed you that the base will sit higher…

Now my question is.. how do i AVOID this... what other brand should i purchase??

Has anyone else had this problem?

The last thing I need is having the seats sit at different levels.. it looks really really bad.