Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

High beam on driver side (Left) not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Coleniuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High beam on driver side (Left) not working

Hello guys this is my first post on here, I have a mint 2003 Track pack 350Z with 98,xxx Km on it. Last year my high beams on the drivers side quit working. Originally I thought it was just a burnt out bulb so I left it until this winter to fix it.

So....

I pulled it apart a couple days ago, the bulb looked burnt out on the left, So I replaced the bulbs on both sides (Figured may as well since I'm in there). Plugged the lights in to test them before I put it back together and they still didn't work. Then I went checked the fuses and the relay... Both were fine and there was power at the fuse. Then to eliminate issues at the headlight I plugged the left side into the right side that was working. The left headlight lit up when plugged into the right side, The light left light worked on the right side so the issue isn't with the headlight itself. I then suspected that the wiring to the plug wasn't working. So I checked to see if power was getting to the plug and there was nothing. I am stumped ad now feel like this is going to cost me a fortune to fix properly as I have no intentions of selling the car any time soon.

Long story short is there anything I should be checking between the fuse and the plug for the headlight?

If anyone has any ideas/insight on how I could fix this that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Coleniuk

EDIT: The car is 100% stock.