Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stripped Stillen Front Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Timmy Tran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stripped Stillen Front Splitter

While driving on the highway at night, I noticed a tire on the road too late, and couldn't avoid it completely. When I got home, looked at the front bumper and it stripped the screws off the right side of the splitter. I went to lowes and got replacement screws, screwed on what I could. The problem is that when the tire stripped the screws off the bumper, it tore the drilled holes open a little too much for the replacement screws to secure the splitter well.

There isn't any thread on this. So I was wondering does anyone know how some kind of compound that I could fill the front bumper holes with? Then, drill holes onto that compound because I really do not want to make another set of holes on my bumper.
Attached Thumbnails stripped Stillen Front Splitter-img_1701.jpg   stripped Stillen Front Splitter-img_1700.jpg   stripped Stillen Front Splitter-img_1699.jpg  
Old 04-04-2015, 03:07 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

A washer maybe with a nut.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:22 PM
ARRRT

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I use the same splitter without buckles for 2 years - no problems at all...
Anyway, my suggestions:
- change the points of mounting - as I recall the buckles are adjustible so you can easely put em few cm higher or lower
- let the buckles go - you'll never notice any changes except the cleaner look)))
In both cases you'll have to mask the holes - but this is just a cosmetical procedure...