Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stinvil93's widebody Stardast Japan Nismo Body 350z build

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:41 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I just looked up what bmccann uses and its 19x11 -44 with 295 tires according to his web page.

He can chime in and correct me if in wrong though..
Old 09-23-2015, 12:19 PM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

well there you go

surprised he opted to not get JDM wheels for his car , IMHO he should have
Old 09-23-2015, 01:57 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

Awsome build! I have also been thinking about the 370 turn signals
Old 09-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Stinvil93

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. I dig the 370z fender emblems vs the Dull 350z ones just stands out more and looks Cleaner. My wheels are at -37 in the rear and -20 in the front. My wheels are Jap wheels. They are not vars or any other rep wheel. Will show them sooooon when I cut the fenders just ironing it a few more issues. Nearly their. Not trying to rush the build but want it done. will also be changing up my headlight led wise. I mod headlights aswell so after doing so many headlights I see what direction I want to Go With my lighting. Will be doing that very soon. Within a week. Grabbing the paint tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:04 PM
HRMoneyPit

I come from the retro world also. But you seem to just add in LEDs. Never swapped projectors or added clear lenses?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Stinvil93

I do it all clear lens and all. Going to pick up the Dark metallic Grey used on the GTR/Nismo 370z as the ground effect for my Z. And plan to implement the color into my headlight. Check out my page for more of my work. Going with switch back halos both internal and external and will use LEDS to make the side panels of the shroud also as bright and fully illuminated. With an RGB demon eye. Will gather all the material and get to work on my headlights shortly. Details details.........

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Olymp...49855751925097
Old 09-23-2015, 07:07 PM
HRMoneyPit

Oh okay. You like going the crazy route. I like simple so I don't have to take off my bumper ever m ok nah to change the LEDs
Old 11-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Stinvil93

The Sorry for the lack of updates fellas. Well the Z is still a go no
Worries on that haha. Just been busy with school and just got a job offer from that one Company Apple which will move my build a lot faster when it comes to the boost portion. I am done part wise waiting on one back ordered item and decided to re-buy both driver and passenger A-pillars since nissan doesn't sell the moulding separate. Will be painted so no worries but I don't want crappy old molding on my Z haha. Ironed out most of my mechanical issues and today I got one very key item to my build which is sound. Will look much better then my current borla exhaust paired with my Nismo bumper. Will make a diffuser my self at some point but not on my huge list of things to get done as of right now. But here are some pics of that burnt titanium by non other Tomei! Dam thing is so light. Neighbors are going to hate me haha. Will be grabbing the Y pipe by tomei as well.

Last edited by Stinvil93; 11-09-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 PM
HRMoneyPit

Debating trading my Motordyne for one of those
Old 11-04-2015, 05:19 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Stinvil93
Sorry for the lack of updates fellas. Well the Z is still a go no
Worries on that haha. Just been busy with school and just got a job offer from that one Company Apple which will move my build a lot faster when it comes to the boost portion. I am done part wise waiting on one back ordered item and decided to re-buy both driver and passenger A-pillars since the kindling doesn't come separate. Will be painted so no worries but I don't want crappy old molding on my Z haha. Ironed out most of my mechanical issues and today I got one very key item to my build which is sound. Will look much better then my current borla exhaust paired with my Nismo bumper. Will make a diffuser my self at some point but not on my huge list of things to get done as of right now. But here are some pics of that burnt titanium by non other Tomei! Dam thing is so light. Neighbors are going to hate me haha. Will be grabbing the Y pipe by tomei as well.

awesome I just installed the Tomei Ti Expreme Cat Straight Pipes, Mid Y-Pipe, Muffler

its very light , and LOUD
Old 11-04-2015, 09:14 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

You need to get some pics and post them up in Als thread he is feeling like lonely I think.
https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...l#post10675074
Old 11-04-2015, 01:40 PM
350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
You need to get some pics and post them up in Als thread he is feeling like lonely I think.
https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...l#post10675074
You totally beat me to it lol... I just came here to tell him to add his pics and specs to the thread lol
Old 11-04-2015, 10:27 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

stop teasing and put that things on the Z
Old 11-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Stinvil93

Haha their are plenty of parts I can throw on my Z as of now haha but with it being a daily I rather just throw it on all at once then have a bunch of crazy panels unpainted and half the work done lol. But the feels of looking at uninstalled car parts is the worst haha. I will for sure post up on that page Al when ready.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:40 PM
NismoZ33Ely

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loving this build so far
Old 01-28-2016, 05:51 AM
Stinvil93

Sorry for the lack of updates. Recently started working for Apple and my birthday was on the 10th of January and I am now 23 and a lot of my time is spent well working on iPhones and meeting cool tech people haha. But recently this past Christmas my Z decided to tap out and the motor blew threw a rod on Christmas Day lol anday of the year but Christmas haha. She was knocking hard. I was going to pull the gun and just start my engine build which I can drop a new thread on that at a later time but decided to drop in another DE motor in the meantime so I can still get the Z to run without crippling myself work wise. But the new motor will consist of:

1.VQ37VHR block
2.VQ37VHR OEM crankshaft
3.VQ37VHR forged rods
4.VQ35HR forged Pistons
5.VQ35HR Heads

I already have a wire harness made for the HR upgrade awhile back since I planned on doing this. This isn't simply an HR swap it will be a fully built motor for boost (TT) built by myself primarily and I have about 80% of what I need for the swap to work just waiting on parts is the issue so I got a temp DE motor for my Z. But the Stardast build will continue and I will continue building the motor as parts go in I can make a thread for it or tac on some pics as I move on forward with the build. Stay tuned for updates. Funny story but this was my first time yanking out the motor/tranny on my Z not going to lie it was scary to think about doing but once I took the time and did everything step by step it was pretty easy and makes sense. So I am 1000000% confident I can swap in my new motor and install the new harness and have my Z running strong. But the Z is running again and back on the road.

Getting ready for the motor swap

VQ37VHR crank from a 2014 370z with about 7k miles on it.

Last edited by Stinvil93; 02-17-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Good update and wish a smooth swap...
Old 02-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Stinvil93

Cutting is in session. This coming Friday will Be the only day I think I can really knock out the cuts and welding for the rear portion of the car. Started on a new fender that I got recently. My old one got into in incident as well as my bumper but long story short. Tighten up your upper control arms and no bad things will ever happen . Good thing I have an entire body kit so I'm fine. Here are a few pics of the process. Started on the 370z fender emblem install. Very easy to do since I have done it previously. Took maybe about 15-20min. Cake cake cake. Taped out the fender to begin the fender cutting portion. Definitely pretty cool knocking out all my body work. I can really say I put my hands on it and did it all. Haha. With the Nismo bumper the Stardast fenders do not and I repeat do not fit perfectly so I will be modifying them slowly to get a perfect fit. I have no work all day Friday so it's Z day. My buddies Z even tho it's not directly my Is similar to my set up. The outer pieces are the only main thing that must be modified.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:31 PM
HRMoneyPit

What needed to be cut for the 370 signals?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Stinvil93

You basically have to cut a 2 1/4 hole for the back of the 370z fender emblem to fit in. You would then secure the emblem to the fender with the bracket that it comes with on the back. So it is fail proof and won't fall out. I can shoot a pic of that later on Friday. Or if you scroll on back up when I first did it you can see how the emblem is secured. The wire work on the other hand is very easy. I will opt to have my side turn signal always on when the parking lights and custom DRL's are on.

Quick Reply: Stinvil93's widebody Stardast Japan Nismo Body 350z build