Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to safely install new bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 02:29 PM
davidm350

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to safely install new bumper?

I'm going to install my new nismo v3 bumper on my 350z next week and I want to do it just right. I tried finding a DIY for it but no luck. I have the bumper itself, the aluminum undertray, and the extensions, all from ZSpeed by the way. My main concern is what location under the car is the best to set the two jack stands for this installation. I'm 18 years old and this is going to be my first aftermarket front bumper install so I want to do it as safe as possible and correctly so sorry if I sound dumb. The hardware provided doesn't specify what bolts are for what, does anybody know? (again, sorry if I sound dumb) I would like to hear from people who have done this before and would like to pass information and/or tips to me. Here's how my Z sits right now.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:11 PM
StevSam

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Hello and welcome!!

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...ng-points.html
This thread has a picture of jacking points.

That's good your using jack stands, +1 for safety.

I usually do one side at a time when putting the jack stands on. Since you're only doing the bumper, just the front two stands will be good enough for this task.

Post pictures of the finished product!!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:40 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

The 10 mm bolts, clips and plastic fasteners are needed to put the V3 bumper, extension and bottom tray together. Lay out all the pieces and match up the hardware needed BEFORE you start putting it together. Use the two front jack stand placement points and TAKE YOUR TIME. Think your way through the installation and realize that all these parts are built for a precise fit. If a bracket or hole doesn't line up, it's probably due to a misalignment on your part. Take it off and start again.