Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mishimoto Shift Knobs On The Way

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:51 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Big ***** are a must in racing. These are ugly, but I like them.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Mw870

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also looking at your original post looks like assembly/disassemblely is fairly straight forward, would things be interchangeable for color combos as well if say one wanted to change the ring/top colors ect

Last edited by Mw870; 10-24-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:48 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

How much for the teardrop one?

And helpful suggestion? Change the top logo area....no offense but "mishimoto" alone is kinda boring (actually really boring ..sorry ) as your logo...you have a great opportunity to class up the top of that shift **** with some simple accent work in that circle. For example...if the top were white delrin with a polished silver ring around it, and then have your "mishimoto" in black it would look much better, but I really think if you engraved some texture and other circular accenting into the top you'd really have a top tier shift ****.

One way to make your teardrop more versatile is to recess the top of the **** so people can drop in their own accent piece on top. Maybe a 1mm recess so people could drop in their own home-printed circle print? Leave the outside polished steel to remain at surface level of the ****, but recess the inner portion...the matte silver area that "mishimoto" is engraved.

Weight wise...add more weight? Make the metal insert bigger in diameter either throughout the height of the insert or just thicken up the portion around middle...where the **** is thickest? Getting to a one pound shift **** would be great if possible?

Beautiful work with the teardrop model....it's classy and functional, the others in my opinion look too toylike....should be made classier looking.

Please let us know the pricing though? If it's reasonable I'll be interested in buying one next week.

Last edited by savedbygrace; 10-24-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:27 PM
savedbygrace

Three days and no reply to a request for price?

Can we expect better response time if we order?
Old 10-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Mishimoto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit
Okay now that seems a million times better!

As loNguyen as its not made of metal I say it's a winner
Thanks! The interior sleeve is stainless steel, but the outer shell is Delrin. This should provide some ideal properties for extreme hot/cold environments.

Originally Posted by Mw870
Was hoping to see the Rockstar in CF possibly, probably just my CF addiction kicking in though
Interesting idea. We have not explored carbon use with any of these new *****. I will definitely pass this recommendation on!

Originally Posted by Mw870
also looking at your original post looks like assembly/disassemblely is fairly straight forward, would things be interchangeable for color combos as well if say one wanted to change the ring/top colors ect
Thanks! That is our intention with the multiple pieces. The idea is that the Delrin material can be swapped for alternate colors (once they are decided/released).

Originally Posted by savedbygrace
How much for the teardrop one?

And helpful suggestion? Change the top logo area....no offense but "mishimoto" alone is kinda boring (actually really boring ..sorry ) as your logo...you have a great opportunity to class up the top of that shift **** with some simple accent work in that circle. For example...if the top were white delrin with a polished silver ring around it, and then have your "mishimoto" in black it would look much better, but I really think if you engraved some texture and other circular accenting into the top you'd really have a top tier shift ****.

One way to make your teardrop more versatile is to recess the top of the **** so people can drop in their own accent piece on top. Maybe a 1mm recess so people could drop in their own home-printed circle print? Leave the outside polished steel to remain at surface level of the ****, but recess the inner portion...the matte silver area that "mishimoto" is engraved.

Weight wise...add more weight? Make the metal insert bigger in diameter either throughout the height of the insert or just thicken up the portion around middle...where the **** is thickest? Getting to a one pound shift **** would be great if possible?

Beautiful work with the teardrop model....it's classy and functional, the others in my opinion look too toylike....should be made classier looking.

Please let us know the pricing though? If it's reasonable I'll be interested in buying one next week.
Three days and no reply to a request for price?

Can we expect better response time if we order?
Sorry for the delayed response. Pricing is not yet available, these shift ***** are prototype units and have not been released. I spoke with our team earlier today, and we should be releasing them tomorrow, which will include all pricing details. Once released, I will post up a link to the details.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the logo and option for those to place their own accent piece. I like the idea of personalization here, and this will definitely be considered for a future design.

-John
Old 10-28-2015, 12:35 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

The Teardrop is beautiful; simple and elegant. It'd be nice if you offered some shift patterns on the top button with the Mishumoto logo embossed vertically down the left side. Color choices would be nice as well. I could see myself shelling out $100 for something like that.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:43 PM
savedbygrace

Pricing update please?

Not understanding this business model to be honest....how can pricing not be known until the day you "release" them? No business has final products made without knowing what they're going to sell them for in order to make a profit...

Not trying to be a grump, just thinking out loud.

I have a number of other ideas I think you guys would benefit from, hoping this first run goes smoothly for everyone.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:05 PM
savedbygrace

Pricing update?
Old 11-02-2015, 11:46 AM
savedbygrace

Third request for pricing...I'm guessing production is delayed due to some mistake or design change?

Your blog doesn't show anything released yet, but an update to this forum when people are asking for an update is more than overdue at this point.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

100X better for sure... Looking comfy
Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Third request for pricing...I'm guessing production is delayed due to some mistake or design change?

Your blog doesn't show anything released yet, but an update to this forum when people are asking for an update is more than overdue at this point.
Man, relax, it's a fawking shift ****!
The following 2 users liked this post by dcains:
Mw870 (11-03-2015), zakmartin (11-03-2015)
Old 11-03-2015, 10:40 AM
savedbygrace

Relaxed. You're the one in an emotional tantrum bud.

Just expecting a professional response from a supposedly professional company.

Looks like I expected too much.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Mishimoto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
The Teardrop is beautiful; simple and elegant. It'd be nice if you offered some shift patterns on the top button with the Mishumoto logo embossed vertically down the left side. Color choices would be nice as well. I could see myself shelling out $100 for something like that.
Thanks for the kind words and the feedback Zak. We’ve had a few folks mention offering alternate top inserts or a blank for those who wish to add their own design. For now, this one will be offered in either black or white Delrin.

Pricing update please?
Not understanding this business model to be honest....how can pricing not be known until the day you "release" them? No business has final products made without knowing what they're going to sell them for in order to make a profit...
Not trying to be a grump, just thinking out loud.
I have a number of other ideas I think you guys would benefit from, hoping this first run goes smoothly for everyone.
Relaxed. You're the one in an emotional tantrum bud.
Just expecting a professional response from a supposedly professional company.
Looks like I expected too much.
Sorry for the delayed response. We’ve had a busy couple weeks including an office move and SEMA. Our shift ***** have been released, and are currently available for purchase.

Keep in mind the pricing shown is for full MSRP. Our vendors will have the best available pricing on all of our products, including these new shift *****. Estimated cost through our vendors is shown below.

Rockstar: $80
Teardrop: $100
Pistol Grip: $90

Let me know if you have any questions! Once again, I apologize for the delay.

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
100X better for sure... Looking comfy
Thank you!

-John

Last edited by Mishimoto; 11-13-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:06 AM
jes1888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need one because my OEM one is starting to show it's age, and was considering highly the teardrop one, but as another fellow posted the "mishimoto" on top im not feelin' it. If it would have the shift pattern it would've been better, or also the "M" from the company, gotta admit i like it the way they look on the radiators and such, it would've been awesome on the top of the teardrop in black. God such a missed opportunity! I would've bought it on an instant!!
Old 05-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I just realized that i actually do like a small flat top on my shift ***** as i rest my palm on it. Didn't even realize it.. With that said these look good!