Sponsored by:

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 06:55 AM
infoparazite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

Whats up everybody,

Save me the sarcasm, the quick remarks and all that jazz. I have had my z for almost 2 years now and its driving me insane. Its an 04 performance with when bought around 67k. Since then I've had to replace the clutch. Previous owners weren't aware that the horrible burning smell and grinding noise was a bad thing. Anyway the car just came with a handful of quick DIY mistakes and no patience. Needless to say I've had the grand ole time of fixing everything on it because I have this massive issue with not giving up. Besides where can you find an 04 with those miles. My next adventure has been the headlights. Who every owned the car dropped in some 06 bi-xenon after markets. To solve the 6 to 8 pin issue the owner did a "tap" system on the original wires. Guess what the integrity of the wires has failed due to oh I don't know... the fact that I live in New England. So I went to look at the headlights and the problem was worse than I thought. There are some taps and some cuts and blah blah blah the problems just go on forever.

In short I need to know where I can buy the wiring system that goes all the way from the HUD down to the actual light. And what that system is called. I've looked up wiring harness and all it gives me is the actual system for the headlight casing. I need the beginning to the end so I can restart it all. Thanks

I have an 04 performance m/t
stupid mods...
Old 01-30-2016, 09:34 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Best bet is probably from a wrecked car, unfortunately.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 AM
infoparazite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know the name of the piece I need though? Like the male connector piece that actually allows the headlights to be plugged in? I have googled every single name and piece I can think of and I get no where. I even went to the parts diagram.

Thanks for responding BTW
Old 01-31-2016, 06:04 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Couldn't tell you a specific name for the connector. You can try Turbo Toys in Tampa, as he always has several wrecked Zs and Gs in his yard, and a warehouse full of used parts. It's just a question of him selling the harness without wanting you to buy a whole headlight assembly.