Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final check with fitment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Final check with fitment.

Hey all! Usually I'd be ashamed to ask, but I left just about all of my knowledgeable tuning friends overseas:/

I'm fresh out of the military, my Z is nearly paid off (few months left) and I can finally show and track after having her sit for months! (But hey, I have the money to throw now!)

I'm working on the interior now, engine at the end of the summer/early fall. I have tons of extra time for now, so spending it on the part that usually takes the most time.

If possible, can someone help me verify that I have everything needing for full installation of wheel/seats? I've always trusted amazon with everything without issue, so they're my chosen vendor for this.

x2 -
Amazon.com: Sparco R100 Black/Blue Seat: Automotive Amazon.com: Sparco R100 Black/Blue Seat: Automotive

x2 -
Amazon.com: Sparco Bottom Mount Seat Hardware: Automotive Amazon.com: Sparco Bottom Mount Seat Hardware: Automotive

x2 -
Amazon.com: Sparco Slider Seat Track Set: Automotive Amazon.com: Sparco Slider Seat Track Set: Automotive

EDIT - Apparently I might need these as well? It will be a week + before I order anything so I have time to figure it out.
Amazon.com: Driver Seat Bracket for MOMO / NRG / Sparco / Recaro / Bride / OMP - Nissan 350Z (2003+) LOW - Part #SB015DR: Automotive Amazon.com: Driver Seat Bracket for MOMO / NRG / Sparco / Recaro / Bride / OMP - Nissan 350Z (2003+) LOW - Part #SB015DR: Automotive

Amazon.com: Passenger Seat Bracket for MOMO / NRG / Sparco / Recaro / Bride / OMP - Nissan 350Z Six Speed (2003+) - Part # SB015PA: Automotive Amazon.com: Passenger Seat Bracket for MOMO / NRG / Sparco / Recaro / Bride / OMP - Nissan 350Z Six Speed (2003+) - Part # SB015PA: Automotive

Possible wheel 1
Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel - 06 (Deep Dish) - 350mm (13.78 inches) - Black Suede with Black Spokes - Part # ST-006S: Automotive Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel - 06 (Deep Dish) - 350mm (13.78 inches) - Black Suede with Black Spokes - Part # ST-006S: Automotive

Possible wheel 2
Amazon.com: Sparco 015R383PSN Suede Steering Wheel: Automotive Amazon.com: Sparco 015R383PSN Suede Steering Wheel: Automotive

Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit - Gen 2.0 - Black - Part # SRK-200BK: Automotive Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit - Gen 2.0 - Black - Part # SRK-200BK: Automotive

Amazon.com: NRG SRK-141H Steering Wheel Short Hub Adapater For Nissan 350Z, 370Z, Infiniti G35, G37: Automotive Amazon.com: NRG SRK-141H Steering Wheel Short Hub Adapater For Nissan 350Z, 370Z, Infiniti G35, G37: Automotive

I am working on my interior at the moment. Working with the shop guys to install my old sub box that's been collecting dust (Custom under-strut x2 10" kicker with amp mount" and a double din.

Have plans for custom fiber mount in the cubby

Working on painting all of the ping-pong surfaces! They will be a nice white. Talking to Tony from CFE about the large silver parts and the black piece on the door that's scracted to hell from previous owner.

All of the silver pieces will be removed by myself and painted cobalt blue as a tertiary build color. I've tested removing a few parts and it's already hell. Look at your interior next time you're there. Look at EVERY silver part. The little bit on the sliding-ash tray? Yup. Guage face plate? Yup. Turn signal controls and wipers? YUP. I think it's going to look insane when done, but I can tell how much work is ahead of me.

Sorry for the ramble, Thanks in advance

Last edited by Unicus; 06-07-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:06 PM
visiblethought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, which seat did you finally decide on and did it meet your expectations? (were you upgrading your DD or prepping a track car?). Also, did you do the install? If so, how many headaches did you encounter. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by visiblethought
Just curious, which seat did you finally decide on and did it meet your expectations? (were you upgrading your DD or prepping a track car?). Also, did you do the install? If so, how many headaches did you encounter. Thanks in advance!
Takata se xl I think they're called. I'm tall, and I wanted good seats that I could fit in with a helmet later on when I track. I'd probably sell them if I could/bothered. The brackets the guy already had and I can't recall which. May be on the sale post here, but the install took 5 minutes, only annoying thing was getting the airbag light off.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:05 PM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Unicus
Takata se xl I think they're called. I'm tall, and I wanted good seats that I could fit in with a helmet later on when I track. I'd probably sell them if I could/bothered. The brackets the guy already had and I can't recall which. May be on the sale post here, but the install took 5 minutes, only annoying thing was getting the airbag light off.
Message me if you are wanting to sell them. May be interested and Im local.