Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Bumper Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:39 AM
DACodeRed

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Rear Bumper Recommendations

I bought my car about 6mo ago. The previous owner sure enjoyed cheap Chinese knock off parts; one of them being the rear bumper cover. So I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not fully sure on what to replace it with. I was just wondering which brands or even specific bumpers people recommended.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:27 PM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

I am biased on my setup but I would highly recommend you get an OEM bumper and then get an INGS rear bumper add-on and have it molded into the bumper.

Getting an oem bumper will give you perfect fitment. Any aftermarket bumper will not fit really well unless you really pay up and get the authentic brands. And having the rear bumper add-on molded will also ensure a perfect fit. And all of this can be done cheaper than getting an aftermarket bumper that fits from the start.

But nonetheless, here is what I'm referring to

Rear Bumper Recommendations-2hzfgnu.jpg
Old 06-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by craig12895
I am biased on my setup but I would highly recommend you get an OEM bumper and then get an INGS rear bumper add-on and have it molded into the bumper.

Getting an oem bumper will give you perfect fitment. Any aftermarket bumper will not fit really well unless you really pay up and get the authentic brands. And having the rear bumper add-on molded will also ensure a perfect fit. And all of this can be done cheaper than getting an aftermarket bumper that fits from the start.

But nonetheless, here is what I'm referring to

Unless it's some duraflex or ED ****, there aren't really any fitment issues. If it's a legit brand there shouldn't be problems.

Of course if the prime/paint costs more than the piece did...youuu might want to rethink things.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:55 PM
craig12895

Originally Posted by Unicus
Unless it's some duraflex or ED ****, there aren't really any fitment issues. If it's a legit brand there shouldn't be problems.

Of course if the prime/paint costs more than the piece did...youuu might want to rethink things.
I completely agree with that, but I think most people have the following thought process "Well a bumper shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars, the extra money is just paying for the name".

If I went out and purchased a new rear bumper I wouldn't settle for anything other than the Chargespeed, which is nearing $1k. I knew paying that much didn't make sense for my situation so I went with what I have now. I think the route I went is a 'safe' way to do it
Old 06-16-2016, 04:35 PM
DACodeRed

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by craig12895
I completely agree with that, but I think most people have the following thought process "Well a bumper shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars, the extra money is just paying for the name".

If I went out and purchased a new rear bumper I wouldn't settle for anything other than the Chargespeed, which is nearing $1k. I knew paying that much didn't make sense for my situation so I went with what I have now. I think the route I went is a 'safe' way to do it
Funny you mention this, the bumper that's currently on the car is a chargespeed knock off bumper.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:27 AM
craig12895

Originally Posted by DACodeRed
Funny you mention this, the bumper that's currently on the car is a chargespeed knock off bumper.
I think its a very desirable rear bumper but most people are not willing to drop the money for the quality one. I knew I wouldn't be able to and I knew a knockoff wouldn't fit, so i went a different route