Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping from 03 to 06+ front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
radean84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping from 03 to 06+ front bumper

Anyone have or know where to get the plastic trim/moulding pieces that cover the grill area of 2006+ front bumpers? Should have 1 long bottom piece, and 3 left/center/right top pieces.

I've got a 2003 track that I've had for about 8 years now and a few years back I sadly wiped out a family of raccoons with my front bumper. The bottom of the bumper cracked and the grill area got busted up pretty bad. I ended up cutting the grill out which looked better than busted, but still looks like trash because now you can see everything behind it. With just under 100k miles I've got plenty of rock chips too. Time for a new bumper!!

I ordered a pre-painted 2006+ bumper on eBay from a well reviewed seller. Passed him the B17 paint code and he said I should see the bumper within 7-10 days. I then found out that I needed to order new reflectors too, so I have some OEM clears on the way.

The last thing I need are the moulding pieces!! Any of you aftermarket bumper guys have your stock trim pieces laying around?? Thanks
Old 10-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,058 Likes on 746 Posts

I think you may also need the 06+ front shield fender liners. You may not if the bumper is not OEM, but I believe that if you swap bumpers, there are going to be gaps that may allow water to get to the headlights which is going to cause some problems.

Stock molding pieces from Courtesy are about $80 total: http://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-pa...nts-front-scat
Old 10-14-2016, 07:34 AM
radean84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the fender liners!! I'll take a close look at that for sure so I don't mess up the HIDs.

Anyone wanna sell me their stock bumper trim pieces??