Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for black exterior parts.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Sebastian777

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking for black exterior parts.

So I have a yellow 350z that I'm looking to accent in black. Having trouble finding some parts though and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Also, if my links are "ebay junk" I would appreciate a heads up on that too.

Lights:
Debating on using tint film on the tails or buying black ones such as these.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-03-05-3...ZV5JSd&vxp=mtr

Don't want to tint the headlights, so I'm thinking these, they are cheap enough for me to not bother blacking the factory ones out myself which need lense clearing anyway:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-03-05-3...FUvpi4&vxp=mtr

Also, are there reasonbly prices black corner lights, or should I look into tinting those too?

I'm not too fond of the silver billet grill on the car. Should I look for an OEM black grill (where can I get one) or just get a black insert like these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2003-200...xXjoU4&vxp=mtr

Also, I'm looking for black door handles and black (not carbon fiber) mirror covers but am having trouble finding them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:41 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian777
So I have a yellow 350z that I'm looking to accent in black. Having trouble finding some parts though and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Also, if my links are "ebay junk" I would appreciate a heads up on that too.

Lights:
Debating on using tint film on the tails or buying black ones such as these. tint, removable and cheap led lights have caused throttle issues on the DE's ... hit up bluebat on here for the vinyl tint

Don't want to tint the headlights, so I'm thinking these, they are cheap enough for me to not bother blacking the factory ones out myself which need lense clearing anyway: i would get the depo brand 06+ headlights with sti lens mod

Also, are there reasonbly prices black corner lights, or should I look into tinting those too?

tint

I'm not too fond of the silver billet grill on the car. Should I look for an OEM black grill (where can I get one) or just get a black insert like these?

the crap silver one just comes off, posted that in another thread of yours

Also, I'm looking for black door handles and black (not carbon fiber) mirror covers but am having trouble finding them.

take them off, and run them to body shop to be painted

Any help is greatly appreciated.

my answers in red
The following users liked this post:
Sebastian777 (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Sebastian777

With the grill, don't I need to replace that silver one with something? Or is it just covering what came from the factory?
Old 11-03-2016, 05:50 PM
travlee
Master

should just be covering the factory
Old 11-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Nismo Ninja

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I concur with Travlee on all except for the Depo's. I believe the price is just for the housings and go for about the same price for used OEM. I would hold out a bit as there is nothing wrong with your current headlights and wait till a set comes up for sale in the marketplace or your local CL.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Sebastian777

Originally Posted by travlee
should just be covering the factory
You were right, thanks. I really didn't like that billet grill. I don't even like them on a truck.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:25 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

OK, under normal circumstances, I don't comment on the aesthetics of peoples' cars ("Hey, whatever, your car, not mine...") and I won't here but I will pose a question that I've been asking myself since time began.

What exactly is the attraction of tinting lights?? Heads, tails, markers, etc. I've never understood that.

Lights are a safety (and performance) item so what's the purpose of making them harder to see? Back in the day, we upped our light bulb wattages, swapped lenses/headlight assemblies with the best that Cibie, Marchal and even KC had to offer, added auxiliary driving lights, etc.

Today's HIDs and LEDs are way better than those upgrades. So is it just an aesthetic thing?

And if it is, as I suspect it is, well, I said I wouldn't comment on it.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Sebastian777

Originally Posted by MicVelo
OK, under normal circumstances, I don't comment on the aesthetics of peoples' cars ("Hey, whatever, your car, not mine...") and I won't here but I will pose a question that I've been asking myself since time began.

What exactly is the attraction of tinting lights?? Heads, tails, markers, etc. I've never understood that.

Lights are a safety (and performance) item so what's the purpose of making them harder to see? Back in the day, we upped our light bulb wattages, swapped lenses/headlight assemblies with the best that Cibie, Marchal and even KC had to offer, added auxiliary driving lights, etc.

Today's HIDs and LEDs are way better than those upgrades. So is it just an aesthetic thing?

It is mostly just aesthetics. With headlights, I won't tint them, but I do like black housings. On black cars it just adds to the black, on a bright colored car I like the contrast. As far as tinting taillights, they actually helped visibility on my black Legacy, during the day. It sounds crazy, but imagine the difference between a light already reflecting sunlight just getting a little brighter, and something that looks black suddenly appearing red. At night you couldn't tell they were tinted except when using the backup lights, so I had to roll down my tinted windows to back up at night. Small price to pay if you ask me.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:21 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by MicVelo

i tinted the tails on my nissan with the lowest vinyl i could find, it just tamed down the red against the black paint. it in no way affected visibility during the day. they still looked red, just a deeper red. they were tinted in this pic

Old 11-04-2016, 05:28 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

OK, I get it now. Sorta.

But you gotta remebber.... I's old. If it doesn't add performance, ehhh.... I don't need it. You've seen my cars.... bone stock exteriors and heck, JHC even hates my OEM antenna (that I didn't know I had until he pointed it out to me. Laff!)

Like I said, whatever floats one's boat, g'wan and do it.

I would concur however, with Trav's comment about non-OEM lights giving people trouble though. I mean, like "limp mod" trouble which juuuuust baffles me. Tons of threads here on that. Careful with those cheapie replica lights.