Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a better version of EZ Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 10:54 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

i had that, and it warped in the hot tx sun.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Bashtone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ez lip was a nice, inexpensive, temporary thing

To be perfectly honest. I got the ezlip last summer because I was planing on getting a front splitter and wanted to see what it would look like on my car. And it actually looked pretty good. Held up well. And was very subtle. This was just a temporary thing. I just bought the dev sport front wind splitter and side splitter with the side winglet. It came out to $260 US for everything.
Heres a pic of what my car looked like with the ezlip
Old 01-31-2017, 03:30 PM
APTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

we make an ing style lip for under 200 shipped, and it's urethane so it can take on dips/scrapes without being damaged. Not necessarily what you are looking for, but an inexpensive option that can outlast your factory bumper.

Alternatively you can go to home depot and buy some garage door sealer, though I HIGHLY discourage it. Just some options.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"ezlip" or whatever you want to call it is just garage door weather stripping/sealer for the bottom of doors.

I remember when people first started with this junk and it was called the "home depot lip". Then like a year later you had these guys popping up on ebay selling this garbage for 4x the price and labelled it a universal lip.

You can find the exact same piece of foam at your local hardware store.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:25 AM
APTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Haha! Making me feel old! Home Depot Racing.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:37 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

a flexible rubber lip helps seal the sides of any true side splitter on the car, and can assist on the front splitter as well.. common on all RWB cars, lots of actual race cars etc. Its meant to scrub the ground under braking , going up over the track sides etc.

I clicked the thread because I wanted the same thing.. ez lip is foam, and it is junk.. wish I could find something better than home depot garage door strip lol.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:11 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Please don't.

If you don't plan to put on a real lip or bumper, don't do anything.... especially a flex lip...they are horrific. There's so many bad Zs out there already.... don't be another statistic.

I know, I know...sounds like a driver's ed teacher lecturing on drinking and driving but it's the truth. IMO anyhow.
Yea.. listen to this guy. I bought a flex lip and loved the look...

I loved it until it flexed under my car and I watched it fly and hit a Jag behind me and fly into the 405....

Glad the jag guy was cool and said don't worry about it and we just kept driving. I don't think it actually hit his car he just ran it over after me.

Save your $60..