Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a better version of EZ Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:30 PM
Sebastian777

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is there a better version of EZ Lip?

I was thinking just a small black lip for my car, flexible would be a bonus. Something kinda like the look of the EZ lip below, but want something that doesn't look like cheap ebay honda rice. Does something like that exist?

Also, is there anything that would go well with this for the back bumper?

Old 01-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Sebastian777

Should also add, I live in an area where I really didn't want to lower my car due to unavoidable clearance issues. I don't want to spend $500 on something that's going to be taken out by a dead possum or raccoon in the road.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:47 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian777
I was thinking just a small black lip for my car, flexible would be a bonus. Something kinda like the look of the EZ lip below, but want something that doesn't look like cheap ebay honda rice. Does something like that exist?
Please don't.

If you don't plan to put on a real lip or bumper, don't do anything.... especially a flex lip...they are horrific. There's so many bad Zs out there already.... don't be another statistic.

I know, I know...sounds like a driver's ed teacher lecturing on drinking and driving but it's the truth. IMO anyhow.
The following users liked this post:
ARRRT (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Sebastian777

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Please don't.

If you don't plan to put on a real lip or bumper, don't do anything.... especially a flex lip...they are horrific. There's so many bad Zs out there already.... don't be another statistic.

I know, I know...sounds like a driver's ed teacher lecturing on drinking and driving but it's the truth. IMO anyhow.
Yeah, I'm just seeing if there is a good alternative before I totally trash the idea. I'm basically looking for a black accent for the bottom of the car, but haven't seen anything that suits me. Either it's too aggressive, too expensive, or looks like crap.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Sebastian777
Yeah, I'm just seeing if there is a good alternative before I totally trash the idea. I'm basically looking for a black accent for the bottom of the car, but haven't seen anything that suits me. Either it's too aggressive, too expensive, or looks like crap.
Well, now that I've finally secured new OEM housings for my lighting build-out, will finally be doing the entire front bumper with a Vader lip I bought a couple years ago from a member here. Only reason I'm even doing it is it was at a good price and it's SUBTLE.

This is actually a my350z member's car but he hasn't been on in several years so hopefully he doesn't mind my using the pic...

But if this is even too much for your car, don't do anything at all. The thought of another Z-car sacrificed to the gods of bad taste hurts my head.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Sebastian777

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Well, now that I've finally secured new OEM housings for my lighting build-out, will finally be doing the entire front bumper with a Vader lip I bought a couple years ago from a member here. Only reason I'm even doing it is it was at a good price and it's SUBTLE.

This is actually a my350z member's car but he hasn't been on in several years so hopefully he doesn't mind my using the pic...

But if this is even too much for your car, don't do anything at all. The thought of another Z-car sacrificed to the gods of bad taste hurts my head.
Saw that, not subtle enough. Guess I'm trashing this idea.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:18 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Nissan actually makes a plastic lip which fastens under the front edge of the bumper. I believe it came as original on the Track version cars, and was part of the aerodynamic package. I've got one on my '08, which I bought from Nissan for~$40. That might be something to consider, if it's still available.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:55 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by dcains
Nissan actually makes a plastic lip which fastens under the front edge of the bumper. I believe it came as original on the Track version cars, and was part of the aerodynamic package. I've got one on my '08, which I bought from Nissan for~$40. That might be something to consider, if it's still available.
Great thought, Dean!! I'd forgotten about those.... after spending months trying to locate one. Seemingly made of Unobtainium. Heck, could barely find a pic of one on da Goog. But here:

It's a genuine Nissan ACCESSORY part and because of that (and its age), don't think it's available any longer, sadly.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:14 AM
dcains

There are two on eBay right now. Search "350Z front spoiler OEM".
Old 01-20-2017, 12:58 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

There are two on eBay right now. Search "350Z front spoiler OEM".
My Z thanks you, Dean! Just bought the 2nd to last one from a Nissan dealer on Fleabay. 16 whole dollars. Laff.....

Never mind that "shipping" was $20-something.

S-U-B-T-L-E-T-Y is my middle name. This one is even "quieter" than the Vader lip in my garage! Perfect!! And with that thang on my car, I should be able to finally break 197mph!! Oh yeah! Snort, snort...

Interestingly, another dealer advertised same lip, same Nissan PN.... $287. (I won't name them... Ha!)

Last edited by MicVelo; 01-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:19 PM
dcains

Happy to help, Mic. It's actually a very resilient piece, so don't freak out the first time you hit one of those concrete parking lot dividers. Works great with the Z-Speed undertray, too.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:03 AM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Nissan actually makes a plastic lip which fastens under the front edge of the bumper. I believe it came as original on the Track version cars, and was part of the aerodynamic package.
I've got one too... calling it a lip or spoiler is a bit of stretch. It is so far under the bumper it is barely noticeable. I wish there was something to attach to it that is thicker, juts forward and sits a tiny bit lower. As is its too low key. Mine has lost about an 1/8" from car stops in parking lots.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:12 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

^^^this
Old 01-23-2017, 08:23 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Happy to help, Mic. It's actually a very resilient piece, so don't freak out the first time you hit one of those concrete parking lot dividers. Works great with the Z-Speed undertray, too.
Please don't talk to me about concrete parking lot dividers.

I had the entire front fascia of my Benz "rebuilt" because of the "previous owner's carelessness."

Now I gotta do it again (psh, not likely... it's a small, livable crack) cuz of my own application to join The Dork Society. And I didn't even know I went over the thing but when I backed up and heard the gentle "fwingkkkkrk" and thought "Aww f**k.", ehhhhhh. My wife just shook her head and said, "Yer a dork but that's why I love you."

Awwwwwwwww...... newlyweds.

Originally Posted by JMII
I've got one too... calling it a lip or spoiler is a bit of stretch. It is so far under the bumper it is barely noticeable. I wish there was something to attach to it that is thicker, juts forward and sits a tiny bit lower. As is its too low key. Mine has lost about an 1/8" from car stops in parking lots.
Again, I repeat, don't remind me.... Hahahahahaha!

But ya, I'm curious about any aero benefits I might actually feel from a wind tunnel tested apparatus. Oh, wait, there I go fooling myself again.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Sebastian777

Originally Posted by JMII
I have the same thing on my car too, but yeah it could stand to be noticeable. I would be happy to find a black molding that simply covers the bottom 1-2" of the bumper.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:15 PM
dcains

Have you seen the INGS lip? This isn't my car, but I do have the lip. Just need to get around to having it painted and installed.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Sebastian777

Have you seen the INGS lip? This isn't my car, but I do have the lip. Just need to get around to having it painted and installed.

Not bad looking, but too much for my tastes.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:36 AM
dcains

To each his own. It's too big to paint black, as you'd like, but I think it looks pretty nice in body color.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Sebastian777

So while I was on EZLip's site, I filled out the drawing to win a free one. Of all the things I could win, this is it. lol
Old 01-30-2017, 10:44 AM
franknstn

I'm planning on the stillen splitter for this reason too.https://imgur.com/oNCVCcS