Sponsored by:

Keyless Entry help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:05 PM
newestzowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry help!

Hello,

I recently purchased my first 350z. It is a 2004 base model.
I purchased a keyless entry fob from ebay.
The FCC ID is KBRASTU15
The Model Number is ASTU15
I have seen multiple videos and read the same steps over and over.
I get in the car, lock the doors from the drivers side door and insert the key (usually over 30 times each try) but the car will never enter programming mode.
I have done a lot of reading and I am unsure of which fuse box would contain the fuse for the keyless entry. (I have checked both in the engine and the one in the interior)
I was reading somewhere that if your alarm light stays solid when locking the door from the exterior manually with the key there might be something wrong...does anyone have any advice as I have no idea what to try next?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:44 PM
zedudeinblue626

To program your keyless entry remote.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch locates on the driver's door panel.

2. Insert key into the ignition and remove it from the ignition cylinder 10 times within 10 seconds, if successful, the hazard lamps will flash
WITHDRAW KEY COMPLETELY FROM THE IGNITION CYLINDER EACH TIME. If this procedure is done too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert the key into ignition and turn to ACC position (First click)

4. Within 5 seconds, push any button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash.
NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.

5. Turn the key to the off position, remove key from ignition. Unlock door using switch on the door panel and open drivers door.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:00 PM
newestzowner

Thanks for the remedial help. As stated above I have these directions and have followed them. I understand the process of how to do it. The problem is that I am unable to figure out why my car won't enter programming mode.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:51 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

If that's the case, I'd suggest you take the car in to a Nissan dealer and have them hook up their diagnostics system.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:52 PM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

i have no idea as i use my alarm FOB

but does your key fob have a fresh battery
Old 01-21-2017, 04:21 PM
newestzowner

dcains.... that's what I was hoping not to hear but I probably should just suck it up and take it in.

And yeah, I don't really want to purchase an aftermarket alarm as I have had bad experiences with them.

I appreciate ate all the help from everyone. It's so frustrating that it won't work.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:29 PM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

ah so that is a YES or NO to fresh batteries
Old 01-21-2017, 06:24 PM
newestzowner

Sorry, yes it does.
Not sure what batteries in the fob has to do with getting the car into programming mode though.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:49 AM
Meganate

Default Won't enter Programming mode

Same prob here, can't get car into programming mode. Even had a friend connect a scanner he had to my car and he was able to get a button to function as long as the scanner was still plugged in but was unable to pair the fob. Ive just sucked it up and dealt with no fob for now, but If anyone's found solutions for this that'd be great lol
Old 03-25-2019, 03:56 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

did you follow the instructions exactly?
  1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
  2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
  3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
  4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
  5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
  6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:00 AM
Meganate

Sure did, I've tried every which way I've read anywhere. Put several hours of attempts in, even had friends and my mechanic buddy give it a go, in which even with his fancy scanner couldn't get it to pair.