Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: Was this helpful?
Yes
45.45%
No
54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Psa: Posts in the wrong forum!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Psa: Posts in the wrong forum!

OK, I've remained silent long enough. Now I'm not going to point fingers and I have been guilty of this as well. Has anyone noticed the massive amounts of posts in Off Topic: The Lounge that so obviously belong in other forums?

It's a pet peeve of mine from being a mod, I guess. The thing is, I love this forum and I want it to function as well as possible. Posting topics in the correct forum or sub-forum is fundamental to the dynamic functionality of a forum.

Sure it may be only 5 today or 11 tommorow, but it adds up over time and slowly makes having subforums pointless. Now, if you are a total noob to forums in general this can be explained. The problem is when our long term members do it REGULARLY. It nips awy at the fabric that makes this forum so useful! Not to mention it's annoying for the staff to have to move your question about how to put tires on a stretched rim from Off Topic:The Lounge to the DIY or one of the Tech sections.

For your convenience here is a list of the www.my350z.com forums and what goes there:

Premier Member Section Visible only if you have a PM (Premier Membership)

Premier Member Feedback

This is a place for premier members (people who have paid 30 bucks to access private areas) to offer suggestions or complain about the site as it relates to paid members. If you don't have a PM, you can't see it.

Monthly Giveaway

This section is a place where PM can post their name to be entered in a raffle to win prizes each month. If you don't have a PM you will not see it.

PM Group Buys

This is a place where PM can sell items to groups of members. Not sure if you have to be a sponsor to use it or not as it does not have much activity. (Replace/Remove it?)

Anything Goes (AG)

**** and over the top posts that can't go anywhere else. Be sure to read the Sticky Threads in that forum before posting there.

Administrative Section

Announcements - This is where one of our staff members will let you knoow if something significant, like a site outage, is coming. They may alsoo annouce things like layout changes.

My350Z.com Feedback, Suggestions & Questions

ANY issue you have with the site-suggestions to improve, problems with your account, how to access certain features, complaints ect can be asked here. Just remember to search first because your question has been answered sometime in the last 7 years.

Upcoming Events

Have a car show coming up? Dyno Day? Post it here. (I personally think this forum could be removed in lieu of the Regional forums. )

GENERAL-The problem area

2009 370Z

ANYTHING you want say regarding the new Z goes here. There are also sub-forums here. New Owner, NISMO 370 and Roadsters. Put your topic in the appropriate place.

2003-2008 Nissan 350Z

Same as above, but for the Z most of us own. It is not for technical questions, how to drift, or news stories.

G35/G37

Same as above, but for our sister cars, the Infinti G35/37. No subforums, but you are invited to check out our sister sites dedicated to those vehicles.

2009 Nissan GT-R

Ditto. Just no sister sites.

Buying/Leasing

This is for questions about buying (obviously)the 350Z and the 370Z. A lot of posts for the 350Z and 370Z sections up above end up being moved here by the staff.

The Lounge (Off Topic)

Frequented by most of our members, this is a place where you will laugh, argue, cry, make friends, learn and enjoy your time. This is a section for any topic (with in the Terms of Use) that does not have a home anywhere else. It is also where the most reposts, and posts happen- not ot metion people being banned.

Don't post your gripes about Obama here.

Don't ask how to remove your cylinder head here (unless you are stuck in an install).

Don't tell us about how jacked you are getting for summer.

There are specific subforums for all of these topics within Off Topic. Most of these subforums were added at the incessant buzzing of our members. Some are pointless, some keep repetitive posts about certain topics out of the way so teh lulz can be had without sifting through piles of posts.

Just think of how fun this section would be if everyone posted in the correct forum. We have subforums in OT for:

Politics/War- Be prepared to debate if you wander here.

Computers/Technology -Don't ask how to jailbreak your iPhone in The Lounge

Polls- (Which I think is pointless)- ANything you want a direct answer from our members on.

Entertainment- For music, video games, TV, Movies, monster truck shows, Books, Knitting, ect)

Motorcycles- Self explanatory.

Sports- This is a hairy one as it contains other subforums. Don't ask about how to burn fat in The Lounge-There is a Exercise & Fitness section in the Sports subforum. There is also a Firearms/Hunting section here. These guys are pretty good about posting in the correct area. Finally, in the Sports subforum, there is the MMA/Boxing section (pointless IMO-needs to be merged back into Sports).

Other Vehicles- ANYTHING you want to discuss about vehicles other than the 350Z/370Z or G35/G37 goes here. Of course there are exceptions, but the general rule is to post them here.

Now, on to the other forums under General:

Media Share

Had a photoshoot with your sick as Z? Took some pics at the gas staion at the shore? Post them here for everyone to see. There are several sections here as well. Be sure to check them out.

Motorsports

Drag (not street-this will get you banned) Racing threads, Drift talk, and Autocross related posts go here. Never really a problem with posts here.

K, I'm getting bored and wifey just brought me a beer and a sammich. The rest of the forums don't have this problem anyway.

Post your topic in the correct forum and ALWAYS search before posting!

Last edited by phreaktor; 03-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:13 AM
KManZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people are visual learners...

I made this a while back, but this thread begs for it. It hasn't been updates with the 370Z stuff though... I am too lazy.
Attached Thumbnails Psa:  Posts in the wrong forum!-my350z-how-to.jpg