Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HKS 350Z GT-SS GT2530 Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 AM
damojo2003
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO you asking me how much change my change holder holds is not a useless question? How about I ask you if I have a tail light out? Is that a better question? That is about all you would ever see of my car. Did you stop at that shop to go FI yet?

My question to coach was in direct reference to his post about injectors and additional knowledge that I was not able to find on this forum. I searched like I should have before I asked him about his IPWs

Go drown a Kitten if you need entertainment
Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Zincognito

BUAHAHAHAHA............you mean, these tailights?

B!tch please!

Although when i see this picture, i think how fast you can get groceries?

Get a real ****ing car! I wouldnt run you, id be to worried if you had kids in the backseat you tool.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
damojo2003
Banned

either way you can't keep up
Old 01-16-2008, 09:28 AM
phat04350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Zincognito
BUAHAHAHAHA............you mean, these tailights?

B!tch please!

Although when i see this picture, i think how fast you can get groceries?

Get a real ****ing car! I wouldnt run you, id be to worried if you had kids in the backseat you tool.
That goes to show you know nothing about cars. I have seen some fast cars that make you think twice over form over function. Do some research before you bash.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM
phat04350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Zincognito
Celebrities...yeah Paris Hilton dick suckin status. Way to flood this forum with pointless questions girls.
And this post doesnt add to it? Please if you have nothing nice to say dont
Old 01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
theking

IBTL
Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

because the turbos will flow enough air to support 450-500hp, does not mean you have to run them to their max, lol. boost controllers and w/g set up will cure that. sounds like a pretty good range for someone with a stockblock who doesn't want to build right away or ever and keep it at 400-450rwhp. which also brings to question, was the kit rated at airflow to creat crank hp, or rwhp.
jeremy (performance factory) did not say he installed the smaller kit (450-500hp), but installed the larger kit.
hope this clears it up for you.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
phat04350z
Banned

Originally Posted by overZealous1
because the turbos will flow enough air to support 450-500hp, does not mean you have to run them to their max, lol. boost controllers and w/g set up will cure that. sounds like a pretty good range for someone with a stockblock who doesn't want to build right away or ever and keep it at 400-450rwhp. which also brings to question, was the kit rated at airflow to creat crank hp, or rwhp.
jeremy (performance factory) did not say he installed the smaller kit (450-500hp), but installed the larger kit.
hope this clears it up for you.
So this turbo is efficiant at 450-500HP, but lets say you run it at 350hp what would happen? I know running the turbo at 100% efficiancy makes it run hot and makes it work more then it should. I would think running outside the efficiency rating on the low end would cause some failuer to the turbo itself. Or spool time is delayed which in turn is a loss in power through out the band. Why not get a turbo that is ment for its sole purpose what your looking for. Same goes for an exhaust when picking out a turbo you want that to be sufficient so the turbo doesnt need to compress more air the needed or vise versa. Seems silly to me to spend more money then needed on a turbo that will hurt you in power through out the band. Curious as to why you would want to do this.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by phat04350z
So this turbo is efficiant at 450-500HP, but lets say you run it at 350hp what would happen? I know running the turbo at 100% efficiancy makes it run hot and makes it work more then it should. I would think running outside the efficiency rating on the low end would cause some failuer to the turbo itself. Or spool time is delayed which in turn is a loss in power through out the band. Why not get a turbo that is ment for its sole purpose what your looking for. Same goes for an exhaust when picking out a turbo you want that to be sufficient so the turbo doesnt need to compress more air the needed or vise versa. Seems silly to me to spend more money then needed on a turbo that will hurt you in power through out the band. Curious as to why you would want to do this.
The statements you just made are about the most ignorant I have EVER read. Do yourself a favor and READ and stop asking questions till you understand what you are talking about.

Last edited by thawk408; 01-16-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
taurran

Wow... just wow... why are you posting in this forum anyway? Go read up on basic turbocharging theory and then come back when you can have an intelligent conversation. The users of this forum are not here to teach you the basics. What you just stated is the complete opposite of the truth.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
taurran

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ch_center.html
Old 01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Please just do some reading an stop posting like you know something.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:12 AM
phat04350z
Banned

Originally Posted by taurran
Wow... just wow... why are you posting in this forum anyway? Go read up on basic turbocharging theory and then come back when you can have an intelligent conversation. The users of this forum are not here to teach you the basics. What you just stated is the complete opposite of the truth.
according to this
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/CT26TurboLimits.html

He states that over using a turbo beyond efficiency creats more work and creates more heat. You told me to search and read and I am. I am asking why you would want to underuse a turbo? Why not get a turbo that suits the motor and power band you would want to be in. Especially for this kit that is not cheap. Just to say I can go to 450hp one day?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know running the turbo at 100% efficiancy makes it run hot and makes it work more then it should.
Bwahahaha

Amazing what some people know.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
thawk408

according to this
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/CT26TurboLimits.html

He states that over using a turbo beyond efficiency creats more work and creates more heat. You told me to search and read and I am. I am asking why you would want to underuse a turbo? Why not get a turbo that suits the motor and power band you would want to be in. Especially for this kit that is not cheap. Just to say I can go to 450hp one day?
This kit is designed for the turbos to work within their efficency range. It is called range for a reason and you need to go read about that. A turbo has more then just on and off, like you obviously think. They have these things called compressor maps, which in turn helps to tell the turbos efficency range. They look like this, http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...ressor_map.jpg . You can use the turbo anywhere in that map, not just at peak.

You start getting to small on turbos and your upper powerband will suffer. Bigger turbos usually make more power per psi. The less psi you can put in the motor to make the desired power you want, the less heat and stress are put on the engine and turbos. There is a TON of other variables that come into play.

You really need to get this book to help you understand turbocharging.
http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-...0515458&sr=8-3

Last edited by thawk408; 01-16-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 AM
phat04350z
Banned

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
Please just do some reading an stop posting like you know something.
That post had questions in it. And when I am reading if I have a question I will post it. How does someone learn if they dont ask.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
thawk408

That post had questions in it. And when I am reading if I have a question I will post it. How does someone learn if they dont ask.
By reading material that has been covered about a billion times.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
phat04350z
Banned

Originally Posted by thawk408
This kit is designed for the turbos to work within their efficency range. It is called range for a reason and you need to go read about that. A turbo has more then just on and off, like you obviously think. They have these things called compressor maps, which in turn helps to tell the turbos efficency range. They look like this, http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...ressor_map.jpg . You can use the turbo anywhere in that map, not just at peak.

You start getting to small on turbos and your upper powerband will suffer. Bigger turbos usually make more power per psi. The less psi you can put in the motor to make the desired power you want, the less heat and stress are put on the engine and turbos. There is a TON of other variables that come into play.

You really need to get this book to help you understand turbocharging.
http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-...0515458&sr=8-3
Thats my point if you drop out of that efficient area or for what the turbo was meant for what would happen? I understand there is a range for which the turbo was made for and there is no on off switch. Like i said why not pick a turbo or trim to meet the needs your after rather then going big just to say you can make the max hp you want? I think someone stated something about ***** size not to long ago..lol
Old 01-16-2008, 11:47 AM
theking

How about you and your buddy from Parlin, NJ go away. You aren't doing anything but pissing people off. Here's a little quote from your friend in another thread. Can you say trolls?

Originally Posted by damojo2003
just because I am a noob on this board does not mean I don't know anything. Besides, I like drama and I found it here

Last edited by theking; 01-16-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
thawk408

Thats my point if you drop out of that efficient area or for what the turbo was meant for what would happen? I understand there is a range for which the turbo was made for and there is no on off switch. Like i said why not pick a turbo or trim to meet the needs your after rather then going big just to say you can make the max hp you want? I think someone stated something about ***** size not to long ago..lol
Please somone ban this guy, until he can make intelligent conversation.

The turbo would perform like ****. If you go out of the range the turbo will blow a bunch of hot air and not have any power benefit, and most likely **** the turbo. To not even get into the range the turbo would seriously have to be HUGE and have honestly never even seen a case like that because most people are not that stupid.

Quick Reply: HKS 350Z GT-SS GT2530 Turbo Kit