Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ATI procharger questions: Spark plugs and more

Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
page04Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile ATI procharger questions: Spark plugs and more

My car is a 2004 performance, I'll more than likely be purchasing a small ati procharger kit. Is there anything else recommended to change before installing the supercharger? This will be my first supercharger install, not turbo install (not on the vq35 though)

So, my questions I would appreciate any insight on:

What spark plugs should I swap to? What step? Brand?

How is lubrication supplied to the supercharger? Do I have to tap my oil pan? What about the feed line? Are there any brass fittings I should purchase ahead of time? Or do they not use oil for lubrication (like mentioned above i know nothing about superchargers)?

For the ATI FMIC, how much of the front bumper needs hacked away? On my WRX I lost about 80% of it I'm hoping its not the same with my Z.

Everyone feel free to chime in with recommendations, no no's, etc... as this will be my first supercharger install. Thanks in advance for the help, if there are threads where my questions are answered PLEASE link them to me.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 PM
page04Z

bump for a few easy questions i cant find
Old 01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Ep3

because i dont want to see your car die get some sort of aftermarket engine management and get sparkplugs from sharif ngk iridium NGK LFR6AIX-11 thats 1 step colder i see they offer 2 steps now i dont know what everyone is running, the rest of your questions can be answered on prochargers website look arround harder
Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 PM
SC 350Z

yea go with a utech 440cc injectores anda walbro255 fuel pump and an aeromotive fuelpressure regulator and you will be set the efmu that procharger sends with the kit is ok but very very on the edge as far as tuning the car it just supplies the inline fuel pump they send with more fuel no timing retard or anything your engine will blow up before you can get it tuned. Range colder plug make cure there are ngk's and the procharger is selfcontained you dont need torun any oil lines, for the intercooler i didnt need to do any cutting at all but i had cut the plastic grill out to show my front mount off to everyone other then that the send everything withthe kit
and a very good installation manual good luck it took me two days to install mine.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:53 AM
page04Z

Originally Posted by Ep3
because i dont want to see your car die get some sort of aftermarket engine management and get sparkplugs from sharif ngk iridium NGK LFR6AIX-11 thats 1 step colder i see they offer 2 steps now i dont know what everyone is running, the rest of your questions can be answered on prochargers website look arround harder
What about an ecu reflash? I know its not good for extensive setups, but a base supercharger at 7psi it should be able to tune the AFR and timing. Thanks for the sparkplug info, i heard ngk is good
Old 01-30-2008, 02:55 AM
page04Z

Originally Posted by SC 350Z
yea go with a utech 440cc injectores anda walbro255 fuel pump and an aeromotive fuelpressure regulator and you will be set the efmu that procharger sends with the kit is ok but very very on the edge as far as tuning the car it just supplies the inline fuel pump they send with more fuel no timing retard or anything your engine will blow up before you can get it tuned. Range colder plug make cure there are ngk's and the procharger is selfcontained you dont need torun any oil lines, for the intercooler i didnt need to do any cutting at all but i had cut the plastic grill out to show my front mount off to everyone other then that the send everything withthe kit
and a very good installation manual good luck it took me two days to install mine.
Thanks for the info

I'll be getting tuned hopefully with an ecu reflash, will the stock injector IDC's be ok with only 7psi? Something to keep in mind is I'm running a completely stock header/cat converters, I only have a catback. This is going to hurt my VE with the supercharger, so with less air going out, less air is going to be coming in thus less fuel is going to be used (at the risk of more exhaust in the cylinder so higher EGT's)
Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
SC 350Z

yea you should be ok because with the setup they send you use the stock injectors
Old 01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the 7 psi on my Z. No problem with the "fuel system" they supply. Used same injectors, standard ECU with a reflash to take some timing away, 2 step colder spark plugs. Car ran perfect.

I then got the 9 psi kit with the UTEC and tuning. Again, great, no problems..

Build the engine, and went with the 14psi pulleys. Belts ripped apart as if they were made of paper and finally the axel of the supercharged just spun (losing the ribs). end of ATI supercharger story. Don't go there.

To answer the rest of your questions. The FMIC fits without cutting the aluminium bumper, don't know about the plastic one as mine has a Veilside front.

The ATI supercharged is self contained as far as oil goes, id est it has it's own internal reservoir with very fine oil. You have to fill it before installing the SC.

If I remember correctly, you have to cut out the plastic cover of the engine...

Danny
Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 PM
page04Z

Originally Posted by dscheers
I had the 7 psi on my Z. No problem with the "fuel system" they supply. Used same injectors, standard ECU with a reflash to take some timing away, 2 step colder spark plugs. Car ran perfect.

I then got the 9 psi kit with the UTEC and tuning. Again, great, no problems..

Build the engine, and went with the 14psi pulleys. Belts ripped apart as if they were made of paper and finally the axel of the supercharged just spun (losing the ribs). end of ATI supercharger story. Don't go there.

To answer the rest of your questions. The FMIC fits without cutting the aluminium bumper, don't know about the plastic one as mine has a Veilside front.

The ATI supercharged is self contained as far as oil goes, id est it has it's own internal reservoir with very fine oil. You have to fill it before installing the SC.

If I remember correctly, you have to cut out the plastic cover of the engine...

Danny
Thanks a lot for all the replies I really appreciate it.