Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy E-01 Boost Controller (Set/Gain)...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Greddy E-01 Boost Controller (Set/Gain)...

I got into reading the Greddy E-01 manual and played with the set and gain options.. it was at set=40 gain=10. I told JT to tune/set it very conservative as it was all new power to me... I finally decided to play with it and adjusted the set to 25 and the gain to 40. The a/f is still the same and the psi is still a 9.4 solid sometimes spiking to 9.8 (no dif then before).

The car pulls wayyy harder and the turbos spool quick as ****.. i hit full boost damn near instantly... traction is alot worse now (in a fun way..lol) i dont get traction till mid to end 3rd gear..lol.. everyone swears i up'd the boost but all i did was change the settings.. the cars pulls neck breaking hard, but still at same psi... I can hear the turbos alot more now too... ssssssssssssss

is this ok or something i should change back to original settings? A/F is still 10.9-11.1 range mostly 11.1 and psi is still same. only things different is what i described above... Car seems so new to what it was, like it woke up!! It was always fast, but not its

I still dont understand why Greddy did the whole Set/Gain thing intead of just a simple Psi setup...but oh well.. Anyone have the same results, or can better explain the whole Set/Gain?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:54 AM
taurran

"Set" will control how much boost you make before the wastegate opens completely. This is by % wastegate load (over the normal spring pressure). When you lower that setting, the wastegate(s) will open sooner depending on which wastegate spring you're running, and you'll make less peak boost. Raising it will keep the wastegate closed longer and build more boost.

"Gain" is how fast the boost controller will open the wastegate to achieve peak boost. The higher the gain setting, the faster the boost will kick in. Be very careful with this setting, because if the gain is set too high, the boost will kick in too hard and it will actually spike above the intended boost level. I'm not sure how the E-01 can log boost, but you should check the log to see if it is actually spiking. Log a few runs until you find the highest gain before it begins to spike and you'll have your optimal setting.

Last edited by taurran; 01-31-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:20 AM
westpak
SFZCC

yeap with your change in settings it should have resulted in lower overall boost but a faster response an probably spiking, I would datalog with the e01 and see what you are actually seeing, depending on what signals you have going to the e01 it should be very informative
Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
IslandZavage

Thnkx guys... I been keeping a eye on the reading/peak boost.. It stays solid at 9.4 on hard runs,etc... Car feels really good. I took baby steps adjusting things to this point and stopped here. I was really seeking faster spool, so that started me adjusting thing to get here..

How much can this adjust my dyno numbers? im happy with what i dyno'd before, just wanted faster spool..
Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
Thnkx guys... I been keeping a eye on the reading/peak boost.. It stays solid at 9.4 on hard runs,etc... Car feels really good. I took baby steps adjusting things to this point and stopped here. I was really seeking faster spool, so that started me adjusting thing to get here..

How much can this adjust my dyno numbers? im happy with what i dyno'd before, just wanted faster spool..
If they're spooling faster you'll get better midrange torque/hp. I'd expect torque to peak sooner.