Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Problem when revving???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
agallardo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem when revving???

Hey guys, I have had my Vortech Supercharger on now for about 3 weeks, and not had a single problem. So I finally got my gauges in, 1 electric boost one and a fuel pressure gauge. I drove my car all day today, and not a single problem. I mounted my gauges last night on my triple gauge pod, but didnt connect them. So I made a couple runs today and when I got home, decided to connect at least my boost gauge to make sure everything is cool. I mounted the boost sensor and wired everything up according to the instructions. I turned on my car, and it turned on fine, but did idle a little different. I started revving it and around 4k rpms, it would like boggle or drag and get out of that stage around 4.5k rpms and rev up the rest of the way. Its definitely not normal. So I decided to drive it around the neighborhood to see if it was a fluke. I would get into boost and around 4k rpms again, it would do that same. It would start building boost, and once it hits 4k it slows down for a bit, and then takes off.

Anyone had a similar issue? I connected the ignition part of my gauge to the cigarette lighter, which is the only thing I can think of that might be screwy, but even then, I dont think it should....

HELP........
Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it might be a boost leak. I would disconnect the vaccum lines from the boost gauge and see if everything goes back to normal. I might have hook it up wrong.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
agallardo

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
it might be a boost leak. I would disconnect the vaccum lines from the boost gauge and see if everything goes back to normal. I might have hook it up wrong.
I placed the boost sensor under the battery cover, next to my SS box, which has a vaccum hose coming off that to a t-fitting to the bov. So I just tapped it into the vaccum hose coming off the ss box. Which is like an inch away. And the hoses seem tight on there....
Old 09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
agallardo

Anyone else? Any thoughts?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ziptie them down tight..you might think they are tight..but when they get boost in them youd be surprised at how much they can leak.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:29 AM
Victor_B

So how the problem was solved ? i have the same issue right now with my SC Z ...Its happening during the tune... 5th and 6th gears...its like when u r loosing traction...and after the few pulls i've started to experience this problem even at 3-d gear... boost l
eak , belt loose ?