Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:10 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that no one can deny the failure of SGP.....it really hits home how close I came to going to SGP.....My God.....They are 25min north of where I live

I hope all the owners of cars that were left at SGP does not have to go through hell to get there cars returned....There were tons of cars without motors parked out there and tons of motor and transmissions stacked up in that shop.....It will be hell for any court to sort this out....

Good luck to all
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Rx7Nut13B

Hi everyone,

I have read 1-7pg and 102-108pg of this thread, what i am looking for is information about the DynaPak they had at SGP. Does anyone know if another company or someone personally bought it from them, or is it tied up in the legal issues.

I am willing to buy it if there is a way to do that or just rent it for a few days if someone got it from them.

Thanks for any and all information about.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:30 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Rx7Nut13B
Hi everyone,

I have read 1-7pg and 102-108pg of this thread, what i am looking for is information about the DynaPak they had at SGP. Does anyone know if another company or someone personally bought it from them, or is it tied up in the legal issues.

I am willing to buy it if there is a way to do that or just rent it for a few days if someone got it from them.

Thanks for any and all information about.
the dyno was rented....that's already gone...
Old 07-19-2009, 04:33 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The Dyno was owned/financed and already has a buyer.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Not news about the bankruptcy(sp?) but just another SGP *** up. Looks like they ****ed up my Fuel pump, car runs fine, but won't boost properly. Seems like they fried something on my fuel pump whenever they hooked up the fuel pump relay all fuked up last time it was there. Not even sure, why they were messing with the fuel pump, cause I was just there for them to replace my blown turbo. Maybe, my original fuel pump was donated to another car?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:11 AM
SGP-BFH

If you had an insufficient fuel pump in your car and you've been raggin on it, you prolly would have ran lean and blown it up by now.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SGP-BFH
If you had an insufficient fuel pump in your car and you've been raggin on it, you prolly would have ran lean and blown it up by now.
he hasnt been raggin on it. he's been driving it to work and back easy. assumptions is a no no.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:10 AM
SGP-BFH

Perhaps "ragging on it" was not the right term. But he says it isn't boosting properly, so he's at least loading it up.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

he loaded it up once and since then hasnt tried to get into boost. he has to drive his car to work everyday. jr is a very responsible guy that works really hard for his money, so i dont think he will be taking any chances to blow his motor up.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:42 AM
SGP-BFH

umm ok, wasn't trying to attack the guy or anything so there's no need to get defensive. But if it was a fuel pump wiring problem done by SGP, why would it wait till now to surface?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

lol. wasnt even implying that you were attacking him. i just posted facts on his car since we are the ones that take care of it now.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 AM
SGP-BFH

you posted 0 facts about his car. only about him. Just sayin, it doesn't really sound like a fuel pump problem. If it were, the car would prolly boost fine, run lean and blow up.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

and no, your facts are negative. if the fuel pump is losing pressure under load it will detonate.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:42 AM
SGP-BFH

Originally Posted by Overdrive/Jtran
and no, your facts are negative. if the fuel pump is losing pressure under load it will detonate.
Correct. But it would still boost until the fuel system was unable to keep up and run lean.

Hell, if anything, the leaner/ hotter egt's would make it boost faster until it really loads up and detonates.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:15 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct. But it would still boost until the fuel system was unable to keep up and run lean.

Hell, if anything, the leaner/ hotter egt's would make it boost faster until it really loads up and detonates.
exactly.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

so you just said what i just explained. comes into boost and detonates. fuel system cant keep up due to the fuel pump losing pressure. lol.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

One, I haven't been ragging on the car like stated. Car does drive just fine, though. As for the fuel pump obviously it's still working, just not properly. When I had my oil changed and checked out, like I always do this problem of the car wanting to stutter when under load was brought to JTrans attention. The car was also brought up to JTran to fix another SGP *** up with one of the wires to the oil control solenoid was poorly wired and caused it to be grounded and always getting power. Anyways, like stated the car would "stutter" at around 3500-4000RPM. After checking other possible causes, such as boost leak, turbo issue, MAF was checked and cleaned, CKP checked and cleaned. Spark plugs checked (which were found to be 2 step colder instead of the 1 step that I was told SGP installed), were found to have slight detonation and changed out. Upon driving the car, Johnny was checking system using CAMP off the HKS EMS and found that injectors were maxing out under load, jumping from 15-25% duty cycle to >80%(not sure of exact number). The fuel pump is being suspected because again, the fuel relay was found to be wired up wrong when I last left SGP. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
SGP-BFH

Ahh ok. Sorry, your first post was a bit vague. When you said your car ran fine but wasn't boosting properly due to a fuel pump problem I was like WTF? Why would they have rewired your fuel pump anyway? Did something get fried in there or somethin?

If the pump wiring for the 350's are anything like the new systems that mazda and ford have, the computer ramps the voltage to the pump under load. Not the kind of thing you want to be screwing with and if the guys at SGP wired it up some other way, I could see that causing some issues.

Sorry to butt in like that but was just tryin to help. Sounds like the folks at Jtran are doin you pretty well. GL with your car.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Ahh ok. Sorry, your first post was a bit vague. When you said your car ran fine but wasn't boosting properly due to a fuel pump problem I was like WTF? Why would they have rewired your fuel pump anyway? Did something get fried in there or somethin?

If the pump wiring for the 350's are anything like the new systems that mazda and ford have, the computer ramps the voltage to the pump under load. Not the kind of thing you want to be screwing with and if the guys at SGP wired it up some other way, I could see that causing some issues.

Sorry to butt in like that but was just tryin to help. Sounds like the folks at Jtran are doin you pretty well. GL with your car.
Oh, no worries. If it's not the fuel pump and anyone has any ideas please let us know. It's just the only thing that we could attribute the problems to. When I picked up the car at SGP and then had Johnny fix it that same day, it was doing the same "stutter" under load and then we found that it was the fuel pump relay wired up wrong.

Again, I'm not sure what they were doing with the fuel pump. All I know is when I picked up my car, the passenger seat was pulled forward with the fuel tank area exposed. Then when Johnny had to fix their screw up that same night, we found that the fuel relay was wired wrong. Again, for all I know my original fuel pump was donated to another car.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Overdrive/Jtran
so you just said what i just explained. comes into boost and detonates. fuel system cant keep up due to the fuel pump losing pressure. lol.

Johnny,

Call us when you can.That transmission that you sent out is ready to go now And this should probabaly be made public.......the transmission was completely stock unit that was sent out here.The customer had called and thought it had been built by SGP since he payed for it to get built but it was indeed completely stock and one of the solenoids for the valvebody, was broke

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?