Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aggietsi
Seems like things may have gone south since they screwed Kyle over.
I don't know who told you that...but your source sucks. It might be public info now. Check court records.

Chris...good luck with your ride bro. Holla at me when she's done...we can hit up Sealy and have some fun.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:43 PM
aggietsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post what you have, I'd honestly love to see the information. I was really active on twinturbo.net when the whole thing went down. Kinda got out of the scene for a while.

Originally Posted by Old School
I don't know who told you that...but your source sucks. It might be public info now. Check court records.

Chris...good luck with your ride bro. Holla at me when she's done...we can hit up Sealy and have some fun.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aggietsi
Post what you have, I'd honestly love to see the information. I was really active on twinturbo.net when the whole thing went down. Kinda got out of the scene for a while.
Not my place. I'm not one to rub someone else's name in the dirt. Just know that your source is incorrect. I have seen proof otherwise.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:50 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Old School
funny, I have roofers on my roof replacing shingles, roof felt, and drip edge right now. Damage was spread out all over Houston. Most of Houston didn't have power for 2 weeks. I live 15-20 minutes from SGP btw

sucks about your car Chris. Mine runs and looks great. :shrug:

15-20 min away?? That does not mean that everyone in the SGP area had damage. I live in Shadow Creek Ranch and we only had a few trees down a few homes with shingles missing, My house has zero damage...but when you drive less than 10 miles on Broadway/518 towards I-45 you see massive damage. When I came off the Sam Houston freeway going towards SGP....damage was minimal.... I did not get up on SGP's roof to see whats up...but this Saturday I will let you know for sure. I dont want this to sound like I have anything against SGP....I like Mark, he has always been kool with me...its Thomas I dont like

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Not what I was hoping to hear.

Tell me about it....I was hoping things would get better over there.

Last edited by XKR; 10-14-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:59 PM
coachk
Banned

XKR...if you don't get pics or vids then there's no proof. Mark did me wrong a few years ago on a VB(never returned calls..always out to lunch etc) and I called him out on the forum and he said he didn't even know who I was,until I produced the numerous PM's that went back and forth between him and I.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by coachk
XKR...if you don't get pics or vids then there's no proof. Mark did me wrong a few years ago on a VB(never returned calls..always out to lunch etc) and I called him out on the forum and he said he didn't even know who I was,until I produced the numerous PM's that went back and forth between him and I.

I know Mark has done some of his customers wrong....and this is why I went to FP to get my car done....but the few things Mark has done on my car he did good....I know, that still does not excuse what he has done to you and the others...so I will sit on the sideline...because I know he is having problems and need to get his business straight.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
unkn0wn ryder

damn whats goin on?!?! sorry you guys are having problems.... never did have problems with sgp.... they always answered my calls weither it was to buy parts, ask a question or to get my car worked on, etc.... OP pm your info and i'll try giving mark a call and let you know whats up....

btw talked to mark about a week ago, was told the area got hit hard... but they picked right up when i called.... oh and one more thing... had my motor built there and car tuned by mark.... everything came out real good and was done on time....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
>Tell me about it....I was hoping things would get better over there.
My transmission is there now and this thread isn't inspiring my confidence that it will be shipped back to Intense this week as planned.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM
XKR

My transmission is there now and this thread isn't inspiring my confidence that it will be shipped back to Intense this week as planned.
You are in AZ.....why didnt you sent it to GTM

I will go by and look about it for you...I am sure it good to go.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^^^ +1, GTM doesn't exactly work fast, but they do the job right. Sam knows transmissions (he worked in a trans shop prior to starting GTM) and he's great communicating over the phone anytime you need him. I know Sam doesn't guarantee 1000 whp like SGP, but I bet he could build you a 5AT that is as strong as any other built unit out there. I'd say for any 5AT, above 600 whp, just expect to rebuild it every couple years. That's not so bad, considering most cars in that power range have significant upkeep associated with them. The good news is that high performance rebuild kits for the 5AT are now widespread and utilized by many performance trans shops.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

OP- I have had no problems getting a hold of Mark recently. He swapped my TC for me since the one originally sent was too high of a stall. He answered my email that was just an FYI to him on the build. He also answered his cell phone when i called several times.

If you PM me a request, I'll get you his direct contact information. I don't want to post it here and cause everyone to call him at once.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
^^^ +1, GTM doesn't exactly work fast, but they do the job right. Sam knows transmissions (he worked in a trans shop prior to starting GTM) and he's great communicating over the phone anytime you need him. I know Sam doesn't guarantee 1000 whp like SGP, but I bet he could build you a 5AT that is as strong as any other built unit out there. I'd say for any 5AT, above 600 whp, just expect to rebuild it every couple years. That's not so bad, considering most cars in that power range have significant upkeep associated with them. The good news is that high performance rebuild kits for the 5AT are now widespread and utilized by many performance trans shops.
mrg had decent success with his transmission and sgp(i believe he jsut needs to sort out the stall and he is good to go!) has worked out with him...and i think sgp advertizes to 800whp...
rude will be going with the sgp i think cuase of that, the fact that he knows what to expect from the work done on mrgs roadster, and he has personally talked to mark i believe as well.
Will see how it does, rude should have a very amazing street car hopefully pushing close to 650s whp (stay tuned )
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by XKR
You are in AZ.....why didnt you sent it to GTM

I will go by and look about it for you...I am sure it good to go.
Thanks Mike

Well... This isn't meant as a slam on GTM, but I felt that SGP's trans has more proven history. Also, the GTM unit isn't rated or tested high enough for my power goals. SGP has been doing a similar upgrade for the Z32 for several years prior and has been successful running them on high power setups on the 300Z.

However... If I encounter any big or ongoing problems with the SGP built 5AT and/or SGP's service, I seriously intend to go to GTM for a 6MT swap.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-14-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:35 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I didn't know you had a 5AT Rude, I guess that makes your build all the more interesting.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

+1 to the posts by Marshall and Jorge ^^

I was encouraged by the performance of the SGP trans on Marshall's Z and noticed that neither he nor Intense encountered any customer service problems with SGP. They performed a quick turn around on his torque converter.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
I didn't know you had a 5AT Rude, I guess that makes your build all the more interesting.
It should have some unique firsts.

However, it is looking very doubtful that the car will be ready for HIN this coming Saturday. My G is at Intense with the motor out, my trans is in Houston, and my lights are in North Dakota.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
mrg1981

It should have some unique firsts.

However, it is looking very doubtful that the car will be ready for HIN this coming Saturday. My G is at Intense with the motor out, my trans is in Houston, and my lights are in North Dakota.
Rude...I'm hoping to hit some of those "Firsts" first! LOL! We should definitely share some experiences and get together. Our builds are looking to be very much align in goals, so I'm sure we can learn from each other's experiences.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

I guess I'm lucky I got my SGP wastegate relocation kit before all heellll broke loose with them.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
mrg1981

+1 to the posts by Marshall and Jorge ^^

I was encouraged by the performance of the SGP trans on Marshall's Z and noticed that neither he nor Intense encountered any customer service problems with SGP. They performed a quick turn around on his torque converter.
I actually had some issues, but they were issues with Thomas and his service, not Mark's. Once I started working with Mark things got better quickly. The TC swap was done through Mark and was handled perfectly. I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Rude...I'm hoping to hit some of those "Firsts" first! LOL! We should definitely share some experiences and get together. Our builds are looking to be very much align in goals, so I'm sure we can learn from each other's experiences.
Sure thing! Intense needs to get my car done soon!

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?