Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Sure thing! Intense needs to get my car done soon!
If you don't have the car done, will you still be at HIN with the rest of us? You really should come hang. I'll be there. My car is being tuned and the crank sensor is being looked at, but it will definitely be there Saturday!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

maybe..... slim maybe that ill be there too...

you 2 should have some bad *** 5ats....raj and coachk are going to have some competition
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike

Well... This isn't meant as a slam on GTM, but I felt that SGP's trans has more proven history. Also, the GTM unit isn't rated or tested high enough for my power goals. SGP has been doing a similar upgrade for the Z32 for several years prior and has been successful running them on high power setups on the 300Z.

However... If I encounter any big or ongoing problems with the SGP built 5AT and/or SGP's service, I seriously intend to go to GTM for a 6MT swap.
OK...I understand now.

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I actually had some issues, but they were issues with Thomas and his service, not Mark's. Once I started working with Mark things got better quickly. The TC swap was done through Mark and was handled perfectly. I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.
I see I am not the only one with Thomas issues.. I was told that he was given the boot...so I hope thinks will get better for SGP. It sucks when I have to ship my car all the way to FP for small things that could be done at SGP in less than an hour.

Last edited by XKR; 10-15-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I actually had some issues, but they were issues with Thomas and his service, not Mark's. Once I started working with Mark things got better quickly. The TC swap was done through Mark and was handled perfectly. I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.
That's great news - so it was the TC? Did SGP take it apart to see what was wrong with it?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
stewieisslow

i got my vortech supercharger tuned there and thought mark was awesome as he was very knowledgeable with what he was doing...but since i left there the day i went (i drove from dallas there and back in one day) i had issues with my tuning (stalling, erratic idle, etc.)...i talked to mark on the phone he said to tow it down there when i had a chance and he would take care of it free of charge..this was all before ike and since the storm i haven't gotten sgp to answer one call and my car was supposed to be towed today but i called it off due to not wanting my car to be towed to somewhere i dont even know is still open..now when i call sgp is just beeps...now im left with a car i cant even really drive
Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just spoke with Han at Intense. He informed me that he is not able to reach SGP by phone now either.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
XKR

Just spoke with Han at Intense. He informed me that he is not able to reach SGP by phone now either.
Thats not good

Eric...just let me know if you or anyone gets in touch with Mark before Saturday.....if not I will go up there and get the info on your trans and also get some pictures of SGP for CoachK
Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by XKR
Thats not good

Eric...just let me know if you or anyone gets in touch with Mark before Saturday.....if not I will go up there and get the info on your trans and also get some pictures of SGP for CoachK
OK, will do. Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by rcdash
That's great news - so it was the TC? Did SGP take it apart to see what was wrong with it?
I'm not sure what the problem was. The main thing is that the TC was stalling to 4000rpm at low boost and 5200rpm at high boost. Because of that, it was locking and unlocking throughout the gears. The new TC is stalling to 3000rpm, but I haven't run it at high boost yet. Today UMS told me that someone didn't put a crank sensor in, but a cam angle sensor instead. They are replacing the crank sensor to see if that cures the remaining issues.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 AM
gotparts?

I'm not sure what the problem was. The main thing is that the TC was stalling to 4000rpm at low boost and 5200rpm at high boost. Because of that, it was locking and unlocking throughout the gears. The new TC is stalling to 3000rpm, but I haven't run it at high boost yet. Today UMS told me that someone didn't put a crank sensor in, but a cam angle sensor instead. They are replacing the crank sensor to see if that cures the remaining issues.
crank sensor has a different connector from the cam/phase sensors up top. dont think that can get mixed up.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Sounds like XKR is getting ready to do a little recon . I hope everything works out for you guys who have outstanding work to be done at SGP.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Sounds like XKR is getting ready to do a little recon . I hope everything works out for you guys who have outstanding work to be done at SGP.

A Pre-Recon has just been completed...

Eric... I just got off the phone with one of my recon-agents . Your Tranny was seen on the floor at SGP....He did not know if the work was started on it or it was completed....all he could tell is that it was from Intense in AZ....he saw the tag.

As far as phones at SGP....they are not working. Marks cell phone is also not working.

During the Recon .... my agent spotted RobertK at SGP.

Also..if anyone is having machine work done at GNG....They only lost power for 1 1/2 weeks!!!

The last part of my Recon report.....The wind also damaged the garage door at SGP causing wind to enter the shop causing damage to a car...I know who the owner is...but i am sure he would not want me to mention his name.

Last edited by XKR; 10-16-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 AM
coachk
Banned

Did you get any good pics from the Predator
Old 10-16-2008, 08:00 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Mike, your resourcefulness never ceases to amaze me.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:02 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by coachk
Did you get any good pics from the Predator

The IR camera pic will be up this weekend just for you

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Mike, your resourcefulness never ceases to amaze me.

My Recon staff and I thank you for the kind words

Last edited by XKR; 10-16-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
XKR

Update ******

OK....I just got some more info from another Recon Agent....

GNG only lost power....they were only down for a short time...1 1/2 weeks after the hurricane....they have been back on schedule for a while now for those of you that are having work done there either direct or through SGP...

If any of you that are having work done at GNG...just pm me and I will give you the contact info....I will not post the info here.

Last edited by XKR; 10-16-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by XKR
A Pre-Recon has just been completed...

Eric... I just got off the phone with one of my recon-agents . Your Tranny was seen on the floor at SPG....He did not know if the work was started on it or it was completed....all he could tell is that it was from Intense in AZ....he saw the tag.

As far as phones at SGP....they are not working. Marks cell phone is also not working.

During the Recon .... my agent spotted RobertK at SGP.

Also..if anyone is having machine work done at GNG....They only lost power for 1 1/2 weeks!!!

The last part of my Recon report.....The wind also damaged the garage door at SGP causing wind to enter the shop causing damage to a car...I know who the owner is...but i am sure he would not want me to mention his name.
Thanks Mike! I greatly appreciate your help.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
XKR

Thanks Mike! I greatly appreciate your help.
Dont forget to thank my Recon agents also Eric ...You are welcome.

Last edited by XKR; 10-16-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XKR..
Old 10-16-2008, 04:33 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by gotparts?
crank sensor has a different connector from the cam/phase sensors up top. dont think that can get mixed up.
I just spoke with UMS tuning about my car and the progress. Apparently, there was a SES code for crank sensor, which was separate from my other issues. They replaced this and that code should be resolved. The other issues are related to the Pro-EFI code. Jason is re-writing this piece of code for my car right now and it should be resolved soon.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?