Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Old 10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To SGP's credit:

Many people complain about the UTEC take over into boost and I have yet to experience that. So either Mark gave me exactly what I paid for or I am not very sensitive to the way my car drives.

Anyway, SGP has a new website incase anyone missed that
Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks again to Mark, Eric, & Shawn. Z runs great! After tuning from my injector & fuel return install last week, learned the Stillen x-pipe was hollding us back. So this weekend; Eric & Shawn corrected some problems found from a pervious employee's work. Than Mark cut off the x-pipe and welded two straight pipes. Didn't throw it on the dyno however I did do a couple pulls to 7k on the way home. Boosting right on 10lbs and AFR's are right at 11:0-11:2. Thanks again SGP Racing!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Thanks again to Mark, Eric, & Shawn. Z runs great! After tuning from my injector & fuel return install last week, learned the Stillen x-pipe was hollding us back. So this weekend; Eric & Shawn corrected some problems found from a pervious employee's work. Than Mark cut off the x-pipe and welded two straight pipes. Didn't throw it on the dyno however I did do a couple pulls to 7k on the way home. Boosting right on 10lbs and AFR's are right at 11:0-11:2. Thanks again SGP Racing!
1/50 aint bad I guess
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude when I was lookin for a shop to get my header-back exhaust installed, I stopped by SGP on veteran memorial drive..they seem to be biased toward their customers.. I spoke with this guy named Thomas but he was kind of shady, and I felt so uncomfortable over there..I am so glad that I didn't let them touch my car.

I then got a recommendation to go to a shop called Carboys. Let me tell you..these guys are awesome. Their whole staff was Asian and they were straightforward and honest. I got my Nismo exhaust and HFCs installed there and they got me out of there in little over an hour! QUALITY work.

A few months ago I posted negative comments about SGP and then a bunch of SGP nut-huggers bashed me for saying such stuff about SGP, when in fact I was telling the truth..

**** YOU SGP RACING!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:54 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Dude when I was lookin for a shop to get my header-back exhaust installed, I stopped by SGP on veteran memorial drive..they seem to be biased toward their customers.. I spoke with this guy named Thomas but he was kind of shady, and I felt so uncomfortable over there..I am so glad that I didn't let them touch my car.

I then got a recommendation to go to a shop called Carboys. Let me tell you..these guys are awesome. Their whole staff was Asian and they were straightforward and honest. I got my Nismo exhaust and HFCs installed there and they got me out of there in little over an hour! QUALITY work.

A few months ago I posted negative comments about SGP and then a bunch of SGP nut-huggers bashed me for saying such stuff about SGP, when in fact I was telling the truth..

**** YOU SGP RACING!
Thomas no longer works there and I guess only asians only know how to work on cars?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^Yeah, I didn't get that part either
Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Reality350

Thomas no longer works there and I guess only asians only know how to work on cars?
Instead of your undesirable innuendo, perhaps you should READ what the OP posted.
It seems as though SGP showed some prejudice towards his brown skin? (determined by the OPs SN) and the asians did not....
Old 10-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
^Yeah, I didn't get that part either
I guess they know how to turn 10mm, 12mm, & 14mm nuts & bolts better then others. Other races find it diffcult to install an exhaust system.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Nah, its just more JDM that way lol.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Nah, its just more JDM that way lol.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:13 AM
turismo

I guess they know how to turn 10mm, 12mm, & 14mm nuts & bolts better then others. Other races find it diffcult to install an exhaust system.
No, they are reliable, dependable and trustworthy, thats the main difference. You actually know when your car will be done. They do not scam people out of 1000's n 1000's n 1000's of dollars. Ask me how I know, they still have 5k of mine! They do not sell customers parts and install them on others. Why dont you ask them why it has taken 8 months for two customers to receive their built longblocks after they have already paid? Please, do not let me spill the beans on them anymore.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
gotparts?

that person or previous employee is me. just put my name out there. i really dont care. first off i did a few things to your car.
ps leak
fuel system return
injectors
braces
endlinks
cf cover
tein hood dampers
never did i touch a coolant line that i am getting blamed for. and the sealant that i put on the oil cooler fittings was something that was condoned at the shop. and also, your gasket for your fuel pump assembly was put in when i assembled the pump reason why i remember is cause i removed the old oring and installed the new one before i dropped the pump back in . funny how you took it up to sgp to get tuned and one of the techs was working in that area? coinicidence? i think not. i think its funny how everyone up there talks **** behind my back but puts on a front like we are cool. i thought everyone up there understood why i left the company. but i guess not. i guess **** talking about my work and blaming everything on me is the way to go. i could be an *** and put everyone on blast that works there, but i wont. reason being is cause im not gonna stoop to that level.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Reality350
Instead of your undesirable innuendo, perhaps you should READ what the OP posted.
It seems as though SGP showed some prejudice towards his brown skin? (determined by the OPs SN) and the asians did not....

I hope thats not what he is saying....because from my experience ...its not true.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
RollinTurtle

o_o;
Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z

If they were straightforward and honest they would have told you that you're an idiot to pay for that kind of work to your car. For anyone to call an exhaust install "QUALITY work"......
Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
turismo

Gotparts/Koshi are the one that kept sgp alive. They only did what Mark informed them to do. To say that a previous employee damaged your car is asinine!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Fluid1
If they were straightforward and honest they would have told you that you're an idiot to pay for that kind of work to your car. For anyone to call an exhaust install "QUALITY work"......
You dismissed the reason why he went to Carboy.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
niceguyyy01

Sorry if this is offtopic..... but you had an X-pipe on the car with twins and you took it off and went with straight pipes and picked up power via the butt-dyno? I ask, cause I always wondered if twins would benefit from just being straight out or from and x-pipe.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 PM
singh

Originally Posted by Reality350
Actually I do have brown skin. I'm Indian.

It was not biased based on my skin color though. They just had this attitude like my car was put on the bottom of the priority list..like they had more important cars to work on than my stock car..

Thank god I got out of there and went to Carboys. When I said they do quality work, I should have added that they also installed a Nitrous kit on my friends HR and it has been working flawlessly. To answer Fluid's remark, what you don't realize is that when you improperly align an exhaust system it can cause stress on exhaust components and increase the chances of cracking. eg - same friend with HR also got Berk HFCs that he installed himself vice me who got them installed at Carboys. 3 months later his cracked and my cats are fine..He admits that he had a difficult time reaching the bolts and may have improperly tightened them..
Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
singh

I didn't say that asians are only ones that know how to work on cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?