Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech installation problems

Old 02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good 2 sellers 2 buyers, but now who should i send a PM to? lol tyler choose onne
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Xendric

Originally Posted by 05Z33
After looking around on here I saw a revup kit with that spacer in place, so my other theory is out. Let me do some more research and I'm sure we can figure this out.
Thanks bud, I really appreciate it.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
05Z33

Here is a thought. On your first post pic #1 if you flipped the pulley on the blower you should be able to line up perfectly don't you think? Also pic #4 on this pic you were able to line up both cog pulleys and install the belt. What did you do on that pic to line them up?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm'd both..lol...i won't be buying till next week so if u buy first its ur choice chef, if not ill take one of em next week...Id prefer new though so well see whats to offer
Old 02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Xendric

Originally Posted by 05Z33
Here is a thought. On your first post pic #1 if you flipped the pulley on the blower you should be able to line up perfectly don't you think? Also pic #4 on this pic you were able to line up both cog pulleys and install the belt. What did you do on that pic to line them up?

Yes I thought of that too, but I checked every online pic and the installation manual and it shouldn't be like that. I've asked Vortech about flipping it, but still no reply. I'd be surprised if they told me to do it.

On pic #4, if you look closely, the pulleys are still far from being aligned. The belt on the SC pulley is halfway off. I just held it there with the idler, to show there is also a problem with the toothed belt having a huge play, even when the idler is all the way down.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Wow.. Seems like a PITA OP, hope you get it resolved.. The belt could be the wrong belt though since they sent you the wrong kit??????? Just a guess..
Old 02-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Xendric

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Wow.. Seems like a PITA OP, hope you get it resolved.. The belt could be the wrong belt though since they sent you the wrong kit??????? Just a guess..
Well, to my understanding, they sent me the wrong kit at first, because they didn't realise it was for a revup model. The dealer I bought it from made that clear when we realised it, and they sent me a second batch of parts, which are supposedly the correct ones.
It would be ridiculous if they sent me something wrong again this time.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Xendric
Well, to my understanding, they sent me the wrong kit at first, because they didn't realise it was for a revup model. The dealer I bought it from made that clear when we realised it, and they sent me a second batch of parts, which are supposedly the correct ones.
It would be ridiculous if they sent me something wrong again this time.
So you mailed them the wrong stuff back..... Then they sent you a whole new kit? Including new belts?

It looks like there is no way that belt could work.... Also, maybe your tilt is off too.. Somehow there is no way them pulleys line up right..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-26-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Xendric

So you mailed them the wrong stuff back..... Then they sent you a whole new kit? Including new belts?

It looks like there is no way that belt could work....
They just sent me the replacement parts for free (mounting plate, pulley and belt, plus some misc bolts and nuts and spacers). From what I've gathered, these are the only different parts between revup and non revup.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Ok, now.. But isnt there a way to adjust the drive shaft on the SC to tighten the belt( besides using the tensioner pulley )?? That has to be the prob.. It is also way off alignment..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Xendric

Ok, now.. In your OP the upper driveshaft pulley isnt installed with the bolt.. So I cant really tell much.. But isnt there a way to adjust the drive shaft on the SC to tighten the belt( besides using the tensioner pulley )?? That has to be the prob..

How do you mean?

I had removed the bolt in that pic, while trying on the different pulleys that came in the two packages. Bolt or no bolt, it would still be in the same place.

It's 1am here, so I'm gonna head to bed now. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them a lot. Hopefully, when I get up tomorrow, maybe you guys have figured this out and I can have something at hand to try with my mechanic.

Thanks a lot for trying to help everyone!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Im sure Chef J can give better advice once he installs his V3....
Old 02-26-2009, 03:35 PM
booger

I didnt go thru the whole thread .SO if its already been figured out....never mind !!!

BUT.....You have the wrong blower !!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:24 PM
tylerxfire

def. have wrong parts imo too
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Yep, it def. doesnt look like you have the right parts.....
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

That's exactly what I thought too when I posted in post #14 (see pics in post #14)....but when I saw post #27 pics I see that the new V3 blower housing looks flat like OP, so the OP has the V3 blower...

But just to be safe OP, give Vortech the serial number of your blower to verfiy they gave you the right one...

Originally Posted by booger
I didnt go thru the whole thread .SO if its already been figured out....never mind !!!

BUT.....You have the wrong blower !!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
05Z33

Any update from Vortech?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Xendric

None at all. Here's a snippet of the email I sent them, with a few of the photos I attached to it.

Now... weird things happening. If I bolt the blower on the non-revup mounting plate, everything fits like a glove, the pulleys align perfectly, the belts stretch as much as they need to be, no rubbing no nothing. When I try to put the SC on the REVUP mounting plate, all sorts of weird things happen - the toothed pulleys are completely misaligned, the cogged belt that drives the SC doesn't stretch enough, its idler rubs on the two toothed pulleys. (pic 498 and 499 are on the non revup, pic 467, 471, 477, 478 and 481 are on the revup. Note how misaligned the SC and jackshaft pulleys are, how much play the SC belt has even when the tensioner is practically ON TOP of the two cogged pulleys and rubs.)

Carlos suggested me to flip the SC pulley around, and that will bring the two pulleys almost aligned, BUT:
I've never seen a setup with a pulley turned like that and I don't feel comfortable applying so much pressure on the bearing, since all the force will be applied on something that's almost hanging on the EDGE of the SC bearing! (pic 490 has the SC pulley flipped. I suppose everyone that's getting this email knows the orientation of the SC pulley, so no need to post a pic of that one)

The fact that everything appears to fit perfectly on the non revup plate but not on the revup plate, to my understanding, means that either the mounting plate is wrong (or bad, is this a possibility?), or that the SC for the non-revup is different than the one for the revup kit. Carlos was 100% clear that it's the same V3 blower for both kits, so your guess is as good as mine.
Is there any chance I've got the wrong blower, one that is for a completely different car maybe? The manual lists the 2F339-050 as the right one for me. Disregarding the fact that this is not the same number for the v3 blower that goes on the other 350Z kits (so, how is it possible to have the same blower on all kits), this part number doesn't show on my blower. The only number on it that's remotely close to that is a D339 along with a myriad of other numbers next to it, something to do with patents etc?

Another thing that stroke as odd to me is the fact that in the second shipment, I got the pulley part No. 4GR033-032 that's supposed to go on the jackshaft. However, the manual listed the pulley part No. 4GR033-034 as part of the 2005-2006 revup kit. Which one should I put on??? One thing is certain - the 032 doesn't fit on the jackshaft, it rubs too much to go round.

My car is a 35th anniversary model with the 300hp engine (called "revup" and adopted by the 2006 on models). Someone on the forums suggested there is a vortech kit specifically for this model, that is different than the revup and non-revup kits, but I couldn't find anything about this on your website. But even if it was true, it still wouldn't explain why the blower can't be fitted on the mounting plate and the tooth belt - the whole thing is not even on the car yet to make any difference!
Can the v3 blower be fitted on the 300hp moutning plate? Every revup installation I've seen has a v2 blower.

From the pics, everyone seems to think I've got some parts wrong, but I'm not really sure what. And it's not something miscellaneous like bolts and nuts, it's one of the big things.
If the two cogged pulleys that drive the SC can't be aligned, then it's one of these:
Either you can't make the V3 fit on a 300hp mounting plate, or I've got the wrong blower. Or the wrong plate. Or the wrong belt. Or a combination of them!
Simple as that.

Here's the photos.
First batch are photos of the revup kit, the one I should have on my car.
Attached Thumbnails Vortech installation problems-dsc00496.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00495.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00492.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00491.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00487.jpg  

Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 AM
Xendric

And here's the second batch, pics of the non revup kit, that accidentally came the first time. Note how everything fits like a glove on the non revup, but nothing works on the revup.
(First two pics are of the non revup, last 3 of the revup)

For anyone that can be bothered looking at all the pics I took, in hope they can help me out, here's all of them on a single .rar I posted on Rapidshare.
Vortech fitting issues pics

As always, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Any update from Vortech?
None at all so far. I informed them that if I don't get a reply that identifies the problem by today, I'll return all the parts to them and claim everything I 've paid for the kit.
Attached Thumbnails Vortech installation problems-dsc00499.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00498.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00481.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00479.jpg   Vortech installation problems-dsc00483.jpg  

Last edited by Xendric; 02-28-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^ damm really sorry to hear that, why don't you call vortech or company that you bought it from??

Edit: it looks like wrong parts to me too...

Last edited by Chef-J; 02-28-2009 at 07:20 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vortech installation problems