Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The Official Shop Rating Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Official Shop Rating Thread!!

The Official Shop Rating Thread!!

PLEASE READ the Rules of this thread !!!! ....

NO NUTSWINGING ALLOWED !!!! All post will be protected in this threat. When I say Nutswinger...I am NOT talking about the poster...I am talking about anyone that tries to comment on someone elses post .....
This thread is for members with Forced Induction ONLY ....STOCK OR BUILT!!! This is NOT a discussion thread. ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS BELOW. you can edit your post as many times as you wish...but you are not allowed to use your thread to respond to someone else's post/experience.

ALL POST THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES OF THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED....NO OTHER COMMENTS PLEASE !!!!!!! Please be honest about your experience.

Please rate from 1 to 5 stars at the end of your answer or just give an answer or both.!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT***** I was asked to add this "List your entire build list." Or give us an idea of what you had done

Name of Shop::::

List your entire build list.::::

1) Workmanship/ quality of work
2) Pricing::::
3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition::::
4) Customer service::::
5) Honesty::::
6) Willing to stand behind work:::
7) Would you use this shop again:::
8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend:::
9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform:::
10) Do they have a professional looking shop.::::
11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed:::
12) Was your car completed on the date promised::::
13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small:::::

Comments...........

Last edited by XKR; 09-29-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
XKR

Name of Shop:::: Forged Performance

List your entire build list.":::: JWT 700bb, 850bb and now GTM GT35r

GTM GT35r Twin Turbo Kit
GTM 4.0 Stroker NON Sleeved Motor
Cosworth Fully Built Heads
JWT C8 Cams
ARP L19 Head Studs
HKS Headgasket
OEM Rev Up Oil Pump
CJM Twin Fuel Pump setup
CJM Fuel Return System
HKS 1200cc Low Impedence Injectors
HKS F-Con VPro Standalone EMS
Sound Performance Diff Support

1) Workmanship/ quality of work ::: I was impressed 5*****

2) Pricing::::They are above the norm...but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for big power with a small budget...I would not use this shop....but they are worth the higher price 5*****

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: My car is always clean...it was returned as clean in and out as i dropped it off 5*****

4) Customer service:::: Always available to take my call 5*****

5) Honesty:::: I find this shop to be honest. No up selling 5*****

6) Willing to stand behind work::: This shop is well known for this.. 5*****

7) Would you use this shop again::: Yes I would. This is my 4th visit to this shop for upgrades 5*****

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: Yes 5*****

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: 5*****

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.::::I think they have 9 lifts and nice setup. Well stocked with parts.5*****

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: Yes 5*****

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: No. He takes his time checking things. add 2 weeks to big builds. 3***

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: No. ..But when I took my car back to do an upgrade...we found crank damage that was cause by using the UR pulley. 5*****

Comments...........

Last edited by XKR; 10-15-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

lol @ dave sorry mike i had to post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Boostedtrack350

Build list
Engine Built by Import Parts Pro, Installed by Forged
Install Transmission
Procharger Install
Utec install and Tuned by Sharif
Fitted Nismo V2 front Bumper

My car was brought to Forged in Several Pieces from SGP Racing and Completely put back together. (with no problems)

1) Workmanship/ quality of work. (5) Top notch. Above Average.

2) Pricing:::: (3) You always get what you pay for.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: (5) cleaner than when dropped off.

4) Customer service:::: (5) Everyone was Very friendly.

5) Honesty:::: (5) This is why I go to Forged Performance

6) Willing to stand behind work::: (5) number 2 reason I go to Forged.

7) Would you use this shop again::: (5) I will be back for upgrades soon.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: (5) I do all the time.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: (5) One of the best in the country.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: (5) Always clean and organized.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: (5) He kept me posted at all times on the prices.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: (5) as promised.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: (5)
Not one single issue to date. Have over 10,000 miles so far.

Comments........... Forged Performance is an honest shop that you can trust and does some of the best work in the country.

Last edited by Boostedtrack350; 09-29-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name of Shop- SGP Racing, back in 2006/07

Build List

Procharger install
Engine built by G&G Racing (Houston TX)
Longblock option 2
Block oil passages cleaned
Block redecked
Block Bored and Honed using a Torque Plate
Crank balanced
Crank journals polished
New Main and Rod bearings w/ceramic coating
CARRILLO Forged Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
CP EXTREME Duty Forged Pistons .020 over(9.2:1)
Ceramic coating on Piston skirts and tops
ARP Main Studs
ARP L19 Head Studs
Heads oil passages cleaned
Heads redecked
Ported Exhaust and Intake runners
JWT C2
JWT HD Valve Springs
5 angle valve job
Valve Stem Heights set
Cold Clearance set
New Valve stem seals
HKS Metal Head Gaskets
NISMO Thermostat ( LOW TEMP ) *New Nissan REVUP Oil Pump
New Nissan Cam seals
CJM Fuel return system
750cc RC injectors
Samco Hoses
XDefi Boost, Water temp, Oil pressure Gauges with link controller
SGP solid motor mounts
PWR Radiator
Fluidampr Harmonic Dampener

1) Workmanship/ quality of work- (5*****) Quality was great as far as looking professional and they took pride in their work. Engine still runs perfect till this day.

2) Pricing- (5*****) Mark would take off labor and discount me when he could. There was times where he charged next to nothing for re-tune.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition- (5*****) They always handled it well and cleaned it before delivery and never came back to me with any damage caused by them.

4) Customer service- (3***) It was pretty good when I got a hold of Mark, but I hated talking to that douche "manager" (name slips my mind now)

5) Honesty- (2**) Let me take delivery of a vehicle that was leaking fuel and didnt tell me about it. (Maybe they didnt smell it or know but Im betting they did)

6) Willing to stand behind work- (5*****) Was willing to right the wrong done by his shop, (Fuel tank puncture) he first called in a favor to get me a new tank and he/his tech worked until about 0300-0400am to replace my fuel tank. (Samco Hose Pop Off)At about 1100pm leaving SGP it popped off, I immediately called his front desk guy (Nick) which came and picked me up and called AAA for me and they towed my car to his shop. Mark gave me a place to stay the night (I lived 3 hours away) and fixed the issue with the hose popping off by the afternoon.

Mark always gave his all to right the wrong. Once, after an oil change my oil cap popped off somehow. (back when I used to let other people change my oil, NEVER again) He paid (200 or more) to have a tow truck go all the way to Killeen (3hr drive) but I turned the truck driver away. I couldnt lose my car and was hoping it would be ok because I had to attend Drill Sergeant school a few days later.

7) Would you use this shop again- (0) No, this shop is now out of business. Stay clear of this shop has been scamming customers for thousands of $$$$$.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend- (0) No, again this shop is out of business. Stay clear of this shop which has been scamming customers for thousands of $$$$$.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform- (3***) At times I felt he didnt want to do certain tuning/installs because it wasnt the platform he was used to. His tune also was stupid rich, I had fuel spitting out my exhaust it was so rich. I also had a fuel delivery problem where they drilled the hole too big, which later Forged Performance fixed for me.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop- (5*****) They had a good looking shop IMO

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed- (4****) There were a few times pricing was changed and bumped up heavily. He did try to make up for it by installing other parts free.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised- (5*****) The Procharger install was ready early (3 or 4 days), Mark estimated 5 because there were a lot of other things being installed as well, typical gauges, springs, radiator, etc.

The Built Engine was done prob a few days later than estimated. The engine was ordered about 2-3 weeks prior to the car actually being dropped off. Once the engine was built by G&G, the car was there 2 weeks total from drop off of car to install, break in, and tune. I attribute that to me staying proactive and some Mark pushing his techs hard.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery big or small- (3***) The issues I spoke of previously, 1. punctured fuel tank, 2. rad hose blown, 3. Return Fuel System problems irratic fuel flowing.

Comments: I had gone to this shop about 10 or more times, a lot of experiences there but mostly good at the time. Till this day the Engine runs perfect but the Procharger has been removed.

Last edited by Jay'Z; 10-04-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Name of Shop- Forged Performance

Build List
APS Tuner kit purchase and install
Greddy 20g TT kit purchase and install
Exhaust install
Haltech
Haltech Tuned by Sharif@Forged
Nismo Diff cover with cooling fins
Carbonetics LSD
Osiris Flash
HKS EVC Boost Controller
Motordyne 5/16 Spacer
Silver Powder Coated Plenum
Greddy BOV
Optima Red Top Battery

1) Workmanship/ quality of work- (5*****) Quality was great, meticulously wrapped exhaust, clean install, took great care of the removed Procharger which was packed and shipped by them.

2) Pricing- (5*****) Pretty damn good, you pay to play here though. Sharif will discount a good customer when he can.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition- (4****) I take 1 star off because after TT install the Z came back to me with the (Hatch strut from Z1 Performance) hatch strut dangling inside the hatch. The heavy duty struts were so strong they flew the hatch up and it popped off the bracket/hinge. I dont blame the damage caused on FP or even on the tinter, the strut had cheap plastic end links and they broke which led to the hatch falling on the strut and denting/scratching my fender. The rating is 4 stars because it wasnt noticed/inspected thoroughly by FP before delivery. This has since been rectified and handled by Sharif though.

4) Customer service- (5*****) It is awesome to have Sharif on speed dial and although he is super busy he will always reply. He and Sandy have always been the most pleasant people to deal with ever.

5) Honesty- (5*****) Told me there was a problem because the APS TT power dropped off at 380whp. The new turbos from APS (sucked sweaty *****) were never used on high hp application it took a lot longer to diagnose the power drop off. Sharif went out of his way to find the solution. Again, at the time no one knew the new "APS Tuner" kit sucked *****. He tried a billion things, comp test, leak down, no exhaust, FCon, Haltec, dynoed it a billion times, and finally removed the APS and installed the Greddy 20g which gave excellent results.

6) Willing to stand behind work- (5*****) More than willing to help on the cost of removing the APS TT and installing the Greddy TT. Sharif basically ate the cost.

7) Would you use this shop again- (5*****) Yes, of course.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend- (5*****) Yes, I recommend my fellow servicemen and women to FP all the time! I believe in Forged so much I advertise them in my avatar and sig.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform- (5*****) There is nothing Sharif doesnt know about this platform, as a matter of fact plenty of the well known shop owners call him or go to him for advice and knowledge. He also stays educated on new ems offered by advanced schooling which keeps the customer confident in his ability and willingness to constantly improve.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop- (5*****)
They have a great shop, its very warming and even that monster dog is cool if your Z is over 500whp.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed- (5****) The invoice would only change if he saw other things that were needed. I was always informed of changes though.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised- (4****) Not in time, but not entirely fault of FP. I dropped it off on a whim/unscheduled, due to my Procharger problems (tired of replacing broken belts) and i broke the serpentine belt which led me to be stranded in GA. It was also probably hard to believe APS had made a shitty turbo change with the Tuner kit in that it wasnt a good kit for built blocks. So all the estimated delivery times were usually cancelled due to massive trouble shooting of the APS kit. Took about 3.5 months total.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery big or small- (5*****) The only issue I had after delivery was the power steering o ring leak. But Sharif kindly walked me through fixing it and was willing to pay for the fix if I couldnt manage it.

Comments: I have gone to this shop numerous times, always shop with them, and have a lot of great experiences there. Till this day the Greddy kit is perfect and if I ever have questions Sharif is there to answer them.

Last edited by Jay'Z; 09-29-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 AM
ToastZ

1) Workmanship/ quality of work. (5) Above Average.

2) Pricing:::: (3) I could have paid less at other shops, but you get what you pay for and Sharif stands behind his work 110% sometimes even fixing 'others' mistakes in order to provide the customer with a great overall experience.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: (5) very clean

4) Customer service:::: (5) Everyone was Very friendly.

5) Honesty:::: (5) Above average. Very high moral standards.

6) Willing to stand behind work::: (5) Above Average. Very High moral standards.

7) Would you use this shop again::: (5) Yes.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: (5)Yes.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: (5) One of the best in the country.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: (5) Yes, always organized and moving toward a plan of action on all projects.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: (5) Yes, no surprises.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: (5) Yes for the smaller jobs. The big builds are much harder to schedule for any shop, especially if special parts must be ordered or modified. Overall, Forged does a fantastic job of getting a completed car out the door as fast as possible with a very high quality of workmanship.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: (5)
I've had one minor install issue (oil leak around oil cooler). Was taken care of under warranty for the original work/install with no out of pocket expenses to me. Also, my HKS navigator recently went out and Sharif covered that under warranty as well thru HKS. Forged is the best at protecting their customers and making damn sure they are taken care of - no ifs, ands, or buts.

Comments........... Forged Performance is a great shop to do business with and I would recommend Sharif and his team to anyone planning to do minor/major modifications to their G/Z.

Last edited by ToastZ; 09-29-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
JZurita

Jeremy Tibbs (Performance Factory) | Orlando, FL

WORK DONE: Built longblock; Greddy TT's; Tune

1) Workmanship/Quality of Work: 0

2) Pricing: 3

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition: 3

4) Customer service: 3

5) Honesty: 0

6) Willing to stand behind work: 0

7) Would you use this shop again: 0

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend: 0

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform: 2

10) Do they have a professional looking shop: Unknown

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed: 2

12) Was your car completed on the date promised: 1

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small: 0

Comments:

My motor blew only after 4K miles due to lies, poor workmanship, missing parts, no balancing, a ridiculous oil pump modification that caused oil starvation, etc. I brought my car to VTR and recorded the entire tear-down process on 09/26/2009. The vid should be up in a few days. Stay tuned...

You may follow the thread here: https://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds...-octane-3.html

Here is how I originally received the block, along with facts to back it up:

Originally Posted by JZurita
Okay, after seeing the BS I saw on Saturday, I’ve decided to post the story behind my build, going back to 2007. So here it goes; No sugar-coating, no exaggeration, nothing. Everything happened JUST like this:

Fall of 2007 I decided to get rid of my JWT setup and go built w/ Greddy TT's. I was referred to a thread created by Mr. Tibbs where he offered a great deal on built blocks, shipped to your door. The plan was to have the block shipped to a local performance shop and get it installed and tuned there while I was away for the holidays. The shop I was dealing with at the time was "The Shop" in Norwalk, CT.

On 12/2007, the block was delivered to "The Shop" and the following day I went on vacation for two weeks. When I got back I was anxious to see how the build had gone and called them. Almost a week passed and I had yet to receive a call back, so I drove there unannounced to check out the build. I was shocked to see my car sitting in the corner of the lot, surrounded by snow, and motorless. I could tell it had been left there for days.

I spoke to Jimmy (the owner) and he tells me that the JT block looked like it was a rebuilt motor and he refused to let my car leave with it installed. Then he shows me the block and I proceed to record a vid (as seen below).

Jimmy calls JT and goes in the other room to have a manager-o-manager chit chat. After all the yelling, Jimmy hands me the phone and I talk to JT about the issue. JT claims that he did not ship the motor in the condition Jimmy described and that he single-handedly built it.

After showing JT the vid, the story changed a bit and it turned into one of his techs screwing up the build and not getting it "cleaned" properly. JT assured me that the block was fine, that it was the strongest running block he had ever built, and that I should just install it. There was also scraps of metal found in the oil pan. When I asked about it, JT told me that he just threw the pan on there, but that it didn’t come from the same block.

Okay, at this point you're probably thinking, WHY THE *** DIDN'T YOU SHIP IT BACK TO JT!? Well, I would have been 100% on "The Shop's" side if it weren't for the fact that they never returned any of my calls, pulled the motor out before checking the one coming in, AND tried to up sell me on getting my build done there. I also started hearing horror stories about "The Shop", including Randy's nightmare. For all I knew, they could have easily installed the block while I was gone, blown in up, and uninstalled it before I got back from vacation. That would explain why my car was motorless, the unreturned calls, and the refusal to install the block.

At this point I didn't know who to believe, as both shops were pointing fingers at each other. "The Shop" was absolutely no help. They never returned ANY of my calls and were purposely very unhelpful with the entire situation. It was either I pay them to rebuild the motor, or nothing. JT on the other hand offered to pay to get my car shipped to him and assured me that he would take care of everything. At the time all this happened, Performance Factory was doing great and I heard nothing but good feedback from everyone that went to JT. So I, of course decided to accept JT's offer and had my car shipped to him.

"The Shop" was pissed, to say the least. Now I wish I had just returned the block as soon as I received it. Unfortunately, thanks to great marketing and misinformation on the forums, here I stand.

For your enjoyment, here is the long-lost tape. And yes, the tear-down vid is worse.

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=28iyla8&s=3"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=28iyla8&s=3">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

Last edited by JZurita; 09-29-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 AM
thom000001

Name of Shop:::: Sound Performance (SP)

Work Done - From bone stock to Forged bottom end (stock sleeves, wiesco pistons, pauter rods, acl bearings, l19's, hks headgaskets, rev-up oil pump), stock heads/cams, SP TT (twin 54mm's), SP Fuel system (triple in-tank walbros, -10 feed, 1000cc inj, return style, fpr, rails), DXD clutch, Pro-EFI 48 ECU. Custom 4in Exhaust through "stock" muffler.

1) Workmanship/ quality of work::: (5) - SP's work is meticulous. My kit is fabricated in house by the boys and it looks better than most big name producers.

2) Pricing:::: (3) - Hey this is FI, if you want cheap, you get what you pay for (which is why this thread exists I suppose)

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: (4.5) - Car was dropped off bone stock. Only have one annoyance that we just haven't fixed (spiral cable broke in steering wheel)

4) Customer service:::: (5+) - SP has gone well and above with me. They put up with all my q's up front, constant bugging during build, and asking even more q's after getting back....and Larry, Chris, Tim, Vince, And Jerry were right every damn time lol

5) Honesty:::: (5+) There is a reason they are celebrating their 20years in business this year

6) Willing to stand behind work::: (5+) had 1 issue with my harmonic balancer cracking. They fixed it in a day and even took a part off their car to help get me on the road faster.

7) Would you use this shop again::: (5) there is only one shop I would use for my work.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: (5) have many times and would again

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: (5) 1248rwhp only 9 sec 6spd says something and that is all in under a year. (its been said before, there is no coincidence the Highest power cars have come from shops that made the Supra's great)

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: (5) especially since moving to the new larger shap

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: (5) Yes, no surprises. I was informed and asked what I wanted and quoted all along the way.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: (4) we had no agreed upon date, we all wanted it done asap to get it out there. They moved the shop mid build on my car which added a month just to get the new shop up (no biggie). And didn't lose any parts in the move process!!!!!

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: As mentioned, I had my harmonic balancer crack. They fixed it in a day and had me rolling.

Comments........... If your shop is one of the good ones from this list/site, LISTEN TO THEM. They know what they are talking about. The 2 or 3 things I was unsure about, turn out now, that I should have had my ears open and mouth shut more lol (cams and tires jump out to my mind).

Tom

Last edited by thom000001; 09-29-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
JZurita

Posters need to list what kind of work was done. This way we avoid John Doe's giving 5* to a shop that only completed an intake install.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by JZurita
Posters need to list what kind of work was done. This way we avoid John Doe's giving 5* to a shop that only completed an intake install.
Good point...edited to reflect

Members are asking if people can post why they are giving 0 or 5's......So could you all please give a few words why you rate them.....just a few words would be fine. OR explain why in the "comments" section......THANKS

Last edited by XKR; 09-29-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:03 AM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Jeremy Tibbs

Jeremy Tibbs (Performance Factory) | Orlando, FL

1) Workmanship/Quality of Work: 0

2) Pricing: 3

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition: 0

4) Customer service: 0

5) Honesty: 0

6) Willing to stand behind work: 0

7) Would you use this shop again: 0

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend: 0

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform: 3

10) Do they have a professional looking shop:

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed: 0

12) Was your car completed on the date promised: 0

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small: yes

Comments:

At 1st JT was great, I started working with him before Performance Factory was open. Had a built motor and a 150 shot and it was good.
Then went back to him for a Vortech and it was down hill from there (lies started). Took 2 months to get the install done. After the s/c had to be repaired 4 times I got upgraded to a SI from Vortech, JT was unable to tune it (said the AIT were to high, he only had one fan on the dyno and my wife blew harder then it).
When we pulled it off the dyno he came to me about doing a VK swap, worked out a cost and a month later he got my car again.
Anyways after JT being paid in full, 18 months later I go pick up my car and its in pieces and needs a paint job (said a shipping Co. he used messed up the paint when he had it shipped to AAM and then back to Fl.).
I could keep going but ya'll get the point

Last edited by jksstar; 09-29-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
JS04

T1 Race Development Dallas Texas

) Workmanship/Quality of Work: 5

2) Pricing: 4

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition: 5

4) Customer service: 4

5) Honesty: 5

6) Willing to stand behind work: 5

7) Would you use this shop again: 3

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend: 4

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform: 2

10) Do they have a professional looking shop: 5

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed: 2

12) Was your car completed on the date promised: 2

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small: yes

Comments:

Took my car to T1 for motor build and custom TN kit install. Original completion date was October 2008 but recieved the car back in April 2009. Final price was 3K more then what was quoted to do minor issues. Car was tuned on Utec however fuel was the only thing dialed in since tuner was unfamiliar with the Utec. Car still runs flawlessly however VDC/Slip/CES lights stay on in dash.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hill's Garage - Frank Hill

WORK DONE: Built longblock, APS TT Tuner kit installed, Tein Coilovers, Aquamist HSF-5 Meth Kit, Brembo Caliper Swap, APS Exhaust, Carbonetics Clutch, Quaife Rear diff swap w/3.3 Gears installed

1) Workmanship/Quality of Work: 5

2) Pricing: 5

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition: 3 - Same condition, but wash service/detailing is extra

4) Customer service: 5

6) Willing to stand behind work: 5

7) Would you use this shop again: 5

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend: 5

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform: 5

10) Do they have a professional looking shop: Yes

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed: 5

12) Was your car completed on the date promised: 5 - We hit our target dates, but failures caused delays

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small: 4 - Small fitment issues that will be easily corrected.

Comments: Frank did the bulk of my initial build and took on a huge project since most of the car was changed at the same time. He understood my vision for the car in terms of asthetics and custom motor dress up. I experienced 2 failures due to oil starvation on blocks that were assembled at Hill's (neither motor made it to delivery to me), but teardown by a 3rd party did not reveal assembly error. He stood behind his work both times and worked with me to find solutions get me back on the road and helped prevent bad situations from becoming much worse.

Accidentally left a shop rag in a turbo intake and turbo was ruined. Frank paid for turbo to be rebuilt and labor was free due to the motor rebuild. The rag was a result of Frank working consecutive nights till 2am to get the car back together in an effort to have me make the airstrip event at ZdayZ. Accidents happen, the world is an imperfect place.

Frank is a Nissan Certified Master Tech and knows these cars as well as anyone, always takes my calls and answers all my stupid questions.

Last edited by Cass007; 09-29-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
abui01

Function:TUNED - Dulles, VA

Full motor build - heads, rods, pistons, clutch, JWT 700bb twin turbos, tuning, etc.

1) Workmanship/ quality of work: 5
2) Pricing:::: 5
3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: 5
4) Customer service:::: 5
5) Honesty:::: 5
6) Willing to stand behind work::: 5
7) Would you use this shop again::: YES
8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: YES
9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: 5
10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: YES
11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: YES
12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: YES
13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: NO

Comments:
I initially swapped in a built block from another car, and Dave managed to install, tune, and have me back on the road within 2 weeks. I knew him before he opened his shop, and I remember him educating me about bolt strengths and what lines to use/what not to use/the design and engineering of a part vs another: his attention to detail was a huge thing for me because I know if you mess up one little thing in the FI game, it could lead to a whole chain reaction of events. I wanted to find someone who shared the same philosophy I did when it dealt with customers. Coming from a sales background, I knew how important it is to have excellent customer satisfaction, and I received just that. It's not too often you can throw your keys at a shop and expect them not to take it on joy rides. The biggest thing for me when dealing with huge number builds is: peace of mind. Peace of mind that I knew for a fact if anything were to happen to my car on the side of the street, that I could simply make a phone call and we could resolve it right then and there.

I remember having a problem I thought was HUGE with my motor... all I did was call him and see what the issue was. Instead of booking an appointment and waiting a week, he told me to just come immediately and we can fix it on the spot. Taking your customer's concerns (whether it be big or small) into account and giving them peace of mind is a wonderful thing. As most of you know or for those of you who have had your work done by Dave, he'll give you his cell phone number just in case there's any emergencies. You could immediately contact him even if it's "after hours." In this industry, there are business men and car enthusiasts. It's hard to find both in one shop. I asked him, "What if I offered you a million dollars for your shop, would you sell it to me?" He replied with, "No, because this is something I've always dreamed about, and I'm not going to just get up and sell it for money." When it comes down to it, yes, shops need money to run, however when a shop goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure their customers are taken care of + it's a passion they strive for, that's what makes the difference.

Last edited by abui01; 10-02-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Function Tuned - Dave Shiroma

WORK DONE: Built longblock, APS TT Tuner kit installed, Aquamist HSF-5 Meth Kit troubleshot, Carbonetics Clutch, custom ViPEC ECU tune with one off PnP harness patch

1) Workmanship/Quality of Work: 5

2) Pricing: 5 - Not cheap, but one of a kind never is.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition: 3 - Similar condition, car exterior was washed prior to delivery

4) Customer service: 5 - After communicating with Dave my expectations on keeping informed on my build, he was available by phone, text, email and even kept a video blog of my build

6) Willing to stand behind work: 5 - See comments

7) Would you use this shop again: 5 - My relationship with F:T is ongoing.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend: 5 - Yes

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform: 5 - In terms of technical understanding, Dave really knows what he is doing.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop: Yes

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed: 5 - Very similar with additions along the way.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised: 3 - Tuning took longer than expected the first time and my car was waiting its turn for a while.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small: 4 - Very minor fitment issues that can be easily corrected.

Comments: Dave took the lead after my second engine failure and although he made me make sacrifices to the cosmetic aspect of my build, he went out of his way to take care of me as a customer when the direct cause of my engine failures were unknown and not directly attributable to his shop.

He has a process that is very different from the way I am wired, but the end result speaks for itself. I have the first ViPEC ECU in America on a VQ35 and the car runs very smooth. Dave has tried very hard to accomodate my need for every detail in my build and I thank him for that.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Blackbird CPV35

Name of Shop:::: Injected Performance

APS Extreme TT / GTM Stage 5 now
Forged Performance S1 Shortblock

1) Workmanship/ quality of work 5

I did most of the work myself in my garage, it wasnt until I got to Injected that I realized something was wrong.

One thing I always notice is that Hal and Eddie are very meticulous about things, they always put a paper floor mat covering and will always wear rubber gloves when they touch your car.

2) Pricing:::: 5

Probably the lowest price VQ specialty shop out there, rivals shop rates of a regular mom and pop garage

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: 5

What can I say, it looked the same when I dropped it off vs when I received it

4) Customer service:::: 5+

They basically let me do whatever the hell i want in the shop (well sort of) Plus Hal always takes me to lunch with him

5) Honesty:::: 5

6) Willing to stand behind work::: 5

7) Would you use this shop again::: Yes

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: Yes

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: Hal knows more about the VQ than anyone in the world (Besides me )

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: 4

Pretty deceiving from the outside, but once you get inside and see the badass stuff then you feel pretty good.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: Yes

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: No but it wasnt their fault

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small:::::

None the first time, we will see about the next time I pick up my car

Comments...........
Old 10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Built motor, transmission (via GTM), turbo kit install, suspension install, rear diff install, EMS install, wideband install.

1) Workmanship/quality of work: (5) Excellent (Sharif and the techs that worked on my car know what's needed for trouble free operation). All the little extras (clamps, looms, grommets, heat wrapping, etc) make all the difference.

2) Pricing: (4) As others have said, you get what you pay for. I bumped this up a notch because Sharif went out of his way to get me great deals on parts because I was doing everything through him from start to finish.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition: (4) first time around interior was very dirty. Sharif volunteered to cover cleaning expenses but a couple hours of elbow grease took care of it. Subsequent visits, car was cleaned prior to arrival.

4) Customer service: (5) Doesn't get any better than this. If I could score higher than 5, I would.

5) Honesty: (5) Trust is everything so this is important .

6) Willing to stand behind work?: (5) Always.

7) Would you use this shop again?: (5) Yes.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend?: (5) Yes.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform?: (5) One of the best in the country.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop?: (5) Yes.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed?: (5) Yes, you can ask for invoice at any time during any point in the build.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised: (4) No, but I understand that some issues are out of the control of a shop. FP put forth a good faith effort to meet deadlines.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small?: (4) Had multiple small issues and one major (trans failure). All issues were handled professionally with minimal out of pocket expenses. GTM also came through big time with outstanding customer service. Having a 2nd car made these issues relatively painless for me.

Comments: One of the top shops for many, many reasons.

Last edited by rcdash; 10-01-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:35 AM
HKS350z

Overdrive/JTran Studios::::

Build::::
4.0L VQ35DE
Tomei Cams
Carillo Rods
CP Extreme Pistons
Darton Sleeves
5 Angle Valve Job - Port/Polished Head
ARP L19 Headstuds
Cosworth Headgaskets
1mm Oversized Valves - Dual Valve Springs/Retainers
APS Tall Boy
APS Extreme Twin Turbo Kit
AAM Fuel Rails
Precision 1600cc Injectors
CJM Dual Fuel Pumps
More to list but that's the gist of it.

1) Workmanship/ quality of work:::: Very good work. Top notch! "5"

2) Pricing:::: Considering the quality of work you get, I believe it's MORE than reasonable "5"

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: I was more than impressed when I got it back. Car was detailed and looking great! "5"

4) Customer service:::: Johnny and Amber were always available to me. Sometimes, I would have to leave voicemails as they would be busy under cars but they would get back to me quickly. "5"

5) Honesty:::: Johnny is not one to beat around the bush. He'll tell you like it is rather good or bad news. He would give me suggestions or options if anything went wrong mechanically (as we know nothing ever goes wrong ) "5"

6) Willing to stand behind work::: Definitely!!! He even drove an hour to my house because I couldn't figure something out on the car. "5"

7) Would you use this shop again::: Already Planned with the Skyline. "5"

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: Already have to several people. "5"

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: His knowledge and tuning skills on VQ's have grown tremendously over the years. If I knew of any professional race crews that were looking for mechanics on this platform motor, I would totally recommend Johnny. "5"

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: Yes "5"

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: Yes "5"

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: Yes "5"

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: I've had some small problems here and there but nothing to the point of where I can't drive it anymore. Just a phone call away and Johnny was able to knock it out for me, either him coming to my house or him just telling me how to fix it over the phone as I'm too lazy to drive it to him. "5"

Additional Comments: I believe Overdrive/JTran Studios is a very good shop as they will probably stay in the business for quite some time. They are "true" automotive enthusiasts in which you don't see too many out there anymore and not JUST in it for the money. They will actually sit down with you and see what you have planned for the car and map everything out to make it happen.

Last edited by HKS350z; 10-02-2009 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official Shop Rating Thread!!