Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Some G love

Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am low, extremely low, and all the scraping I have is on a black cross member, under my exhaust. My exhaust has absolutely not a scratch on it
Old 02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd love to see a video of this car (not a skeptic, in fact the direct opposite).

If I could afford this kit, I'd get it in a heart beat (hint: send me a pm I have a Z btw).

How big of a turbo do you rekon we can fit?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
I have worked on a few Z's and G's and seen damage to exhaust piping, cross members and under carriage in areas that are very near to where that turbo is placed....

My point here is that, twins make much more sense on this car. Especially when you are resorting to placing the turbo in an area like this

eh, i guess you could see some scratches and stuff on those areas. The crossmember is lower than the turbo so it can take all the abuse it wants. The question is how are these cars being driven? I know of a few people that own z's that aren't near as cautious driving them as are the "tuners" that love their cars. If it's just another daily driver i'm sure they drive it through stuff that a person who has money into it would. So it's hard to tell. All you can do is design the system where it "shouldn't" be hit. If something goes beyond that then it's rare or the person is bashing the crap out of their car.

Well, power wise twins do make more sense. I won't argue there. Cost and install are 2 major factors when deciding on twin turbos though.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get why there are always ***$#%# whenever there is potentials of a good product for better accessible prices.

Last edited by ITOzann; 02-07-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ITOzann
I don't get why there are always ***$#%# whenever there is potentials of a good product for better accessible prices.

Because that is just how people are, like the guy that keeps throwing the twin turbos in everyone’s face. We get it, you love your turbo TT kit...great...good for you. Let the others decide for themselves. Clearly he does plenty of off-roading with his Z, on a farm, full of small animals...and maybe some rocks that are just the right size..

I have provided as much info as possible here, you don't see any other shop showing you how your turbo kit is built. I have also answered countless number of PM's, I didn't ignore any legitimate questions or concerns. Some people ask silly questions that I have answered countless times, and that is ok. Most people here really like the setup...and I received two more orders today, so I am happy..

Time to order more turbos I guess..
Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

don't feel bad sasha. i'm so pumped about your kit i'm thinking of all the things i can downsize to get funds during school to change from my s/c to this kit. It won't be this year for sure. My car has been down since the fall when i put in the built motor. I would at least like to drive it this year...lol

maybe next winter.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by binder
don't feel bad sasha. i'm so pumped about your kit i'm thinking of all the things i can downsize to get funds during school to change from my s/c to this kit. It won't be this year for sure. My car has been down since the fall when i put in the built motor. I would at least like to drive it this year...lol

maybe next winter.
Oh I don't feel bad, this was expected. As a matter of fact, I feel great about this, the orders are coming in, I am very busy, and that is all I can ask for.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

great to hear man!! im happy for ya! keep em coming!!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ITOzann
I feel like I am more than just some @sshole. I have built a few motors, installed a few twin turbo kits, single turbo kit, supercharger kit and done just about every bolt on available for these cars.

I love to see new stuff come out for this platform, but on the same breath, the product being discussed here isn't filling a void in the market. It has competition that does what it is trying to do better than it can do it. You might call me an @sshole for pointing this out...... I consider myself a realist. Either way, good luck with the setup, I hope you make tons of power and money
Old 02-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I feel like I am more than just some @sshole. I have built a few motors, installed a few twin turbo kits, single turbo kit, supercharger kit and done just about every bolt on available for these cars.

I love to see new stuff come out for this platform, but on the same breath, the product being discussed here isn't filling a void in the market. It has competition that does what it is trying to do better than it can do it. You might call me an @sshole for pointing this out...... I consider myself a realist. Either way, good luck with the setup, I hope you make tons of power and money
You don't know this, nor do you have proof. I know the potential of this setup, and I am confident that it will make as much power as a built engine will allow.

If you go down the list here: http://www.precisionturbo.net/small-...bochargers.php you will find the 6780E turbo, rated for 790hp. Combine that with a nice 4" exhaust (that you can't have on your top mount kits) and you will make some serious power. The intercooler itself will support over 1000hp (rated for 1320cfm). So, just upgrade your fuel system and turbo and you are good to go.

I am not here to have a pissing contest, but to provide another FI alternative to this community. Again some will love it, and some (you) will hate it. I am ok with that.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-07-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
You don't know this, nor do you have proof. I know the potential of this setup, and I am confident that it will make as much power as a built engine will allow.

If you go down the list here: http://www.precisionturbo.net/small-...bochargers.php you will find the 6780E turbo, rated for 790hp. Combine that with a nice 4" exhaust (that you can't have on your top mount kits) and you will make some serious power. The intercooler itself will support over 1000hp (rated for 1320cfm). So, just upgrade your fuel system and turbo and you are good to go.

I am not here to have a pissing contest, but to provide another FI alternative to this community. Again some will love it, and some (you) will hate it. I am ok with that.
hey, more power to you.. I really do hope you make all the power you expect to make a ton more money than you expected.

That said, I stand behind my statement that your setup doesn't fill a void in the market and there are other kits out there that do a better job
Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
GT-ER

I COMPLETELY disagree.

1) I've always thought that the placement of the turbo in the propeller shaft tunnel is a great idea due to ease of install and upgrades or repair.

2) The only kits ( or kit? ) available that uses this area is somewhat weak and was designed to be a base kit for anyone not wanting a twin turbo kit.

3) This would be the ONLY turbo kit located in the tunnel that has the potential to make BIG power. There is no reason as to why this kit should not put down 700+whp with the right parts while still maintaining the base kit. This is something the other kits really can't do.

4) Twin turbo kits are not only hella expensive ( except for the Greddy which sometimes goes for pretty cheap ), it's also a nightmare to work on. A kit like this one is a piece of cake in comparison and should yield, at the very least, identical results to a more expensive and more complex twin turbo system.

In the end, I'm really digging this kits birth and hope it all goes well. And FWIW...the belly of my car is utterly destroyed from scraping EVERYWHERE due to me riding on coilovers and living in a place comparible to the moon....yet my exhaust is pretty much perfect.

Last edited by GT-ER; 02-07-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
QuicksilverZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to hear from the many people who are buying these kits and hear their opinions first...even from the day they recieve it/and post pics and build threads and such/videos/etc...and also how they set everything up, and whether they ran into issues or not...I really like the idea of this kit in so many ways...but like any new product...I would like to give it some time before I made a decision...Thats just me personaly...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe this will help. I realize that most 350z guys don't lurk other forums and have never heard of ICS but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5pD0BI8CRg

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...Dyno_80153.htm

that car is a MONSTER and has a turbo similarly mounted. I have full faith the 350z can do even better than some silly e36 ( ).
Old 02-08-2010, 05:44 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

hey, more power to you.. I really do hope you make all the power you expect to make a ton more money than you expected.

That said, I stand behind my statement that your setup doesn't fill a void in the market and there are other kits out there that do a better job
I applaud the innovation and ambition. The only other kit in direct competition to this one is the PowerLab. Time will tell if the performance is up to par... I think you've got a one up on fitment and that's a big advantage for the DIY market looking for a hassle free install. In fact for stock block power, I think cost, fitment, and reliability are the key elements and this kit has them all.

Of course, I would love to see built motor #s sometime...

Last edited by rcdash; 02-08-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:35 AM
tiguy99

Definitely in for some results. Keep up the great work. Should be an awesome summer around here for sure
Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
kaminariZ

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Yes and no, I think the APS is limited to the IC piping size and the size of turbo you can put in that location. The oil is returned via Exa scavenge pump.

All oil lines are stainless braided, and use -6an fittings. Turbo supply line is -3an.

This is IMO the best pump you can get. More details on it here: http://www.turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pu.../Exa-Pump.html

More details here:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-build-14.html

hands down the best scavenge pump! i used the same one on my custom mid-mount turbocharged Mazda 6s. Its miles ahead of an STS scavenge pump or anything comparable.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kaminariZ
hands down the best scavenge pump! i used the same one on my custom mid-mount turbocharged Mazda 6s. Its miles ahead of an STS scavenge pump or anything comparable.
Thanks, I use the best components I can get. I think STS uses the rubber hose for oil return as well. Stainless braided hose and -an fitings FTW. I don't think I can really improve on any of the components that I use.

On a side note, water cooled turbos are also available at no extra cost. You would have to do your own plumbing though, an additional $50 in parts.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-09-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Sasha, for us that dont know plumbing .. would you make the lines for the water cooled turbos and sell them in the kit for a bit more? Id personally prefer water cooled for reliability.. but I know nothing about plumbing lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
Sasha, for us that dont know plumbing .. would you make the lines for the water cooled turbos and sell them in the kit for a bit more? Id personally prefer water cooled for reliability.. but I know nothing about plumbing lol.
That could be an option. It is very easy to do, just need a couple of T's and some hose. The turbo doesn't need much, and I believe that most people get the coolant supply from the TB line.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some G love