Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

50k$ and an 06 6mt, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Synjn
Buy Bank of America stocks!
Whatever you do, do not give any money to BOA
Old 01-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bubblehead-g
well after work today i talked to a guy on another boat with a 2002? i think c5 z06, might be 03, dont remember and he let me drive it off the base and around the highway a bit. Jesus christ what a blast. the interior was crap, but it felt very solid, steering was good, and the engine was great in every way. loads of low end torque, great sound, and decent top end. made me stop and think i guess. only problem i could see is snow. made me realize how useless my G would be with FI and snow.

its alot to think about. i have looked at some of the vette forums and tuners and it seems the cars make insane power with relatively little headache. i saw more than a dozen daily driven 600hp+ profiles, and few were the dudes only transportation.

definitely have to wait a bit on making a decision. Thanks everyone for your tips and advice. Whatever I do it will result in a sick ride, im committed to that much. just have to figure out whats best in the big picture for me. thanks again.
Corvettes are crap IMO!!! I sold mine when I got the Z. Remember, if you get a vette a few rules apply, you must be white, have a pot belly and enjoy just sitting in front of your car at meets. BTW, ever ridden in a boosted Z/G? Here is a little vid for your enjoyment and to get you back on the right track

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=fc017d79-874d-4b8e-bece-9c5200edc66a" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/JTGLI_697547.htm">JTGLI</a>

Its debatable if my brother-in-law can drive worth a **** (yellow vette), but his car is faster than most on the road. Also, take note of my friend John in the black vette.... older, white, pot belly (sorry bro)... and losing the race

As a comparison, get a built block setup and the car gets retarded fast... I beat jtgli, now he's building his block too. Its such a slippery slope when you play with boost and whp.

Last edited by Cass007; 01-28-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 AM
FineWine

Originally Posted by Cass007
if you get a vette a few rules apply, you must be white, have a pot belly and enjoy just sitting in front of your car at meets.
I'd hate to see the rules for owning a 350z.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:56 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by FineWine
I'd hate to see the rules for owning a 350z.
The Z/G meets I've been to look like a U.N. meeting. Diversity FTW!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

+1 very very diverse
Old 01-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Reality350

Same thing, north of the border
Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
350Z400rwhp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is just your average supercharged C5 ZO6 with all the basic mods (mild build) any of us would put on a supercharged Z. Bottom line there is no replacement for displacement. Not bashing the Z (I own one myself).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/25WSrM9qpYE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/25WSrM9qpYE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by 350Z400rwhp; 01-28-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

[QUOTE=Cass007;8099074] Remember, if you get a vette a few rules apply, you must be white, have a pot belly and enjoy just sitting in front of your car at meets.
[QUOTE]

Don't forget you need to breathe through your mouth, have a mullet or skullet and beat your dog

A few of my friends and 2 of my brother in laws have corvettes, to me it was a car that guys got when they wanted a "cool car" but didn't know what a "cool car" was maybe thats just the guys I meet/know that have them. Don't get me wrong I would love a C6 ZO6 but I think i would feel like a **** driving one. I had a supercharger SN95 Mustang and one of the things I hate was the meets/fourms where a bunch of hillbillys and old men, I rarely met guys that i would want to hang out with outside of car functions. i find G/Z meets the opposite I wide varity of people and several that I met through cars but often hang out with outside of car functions.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 01-28-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 PM
BornSlippyZ

+1K
Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 PM
FineWine

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Don't forget you need to breathe through your mouth, have a mullet or skullet and beat your dog

A few of my friends and 2 of my brother in laws have corvettes, to me it was a car that guys got when they wanted a "cool car" but didn't know what a "cool car" was maybe thats just the guys I meet/know that have them. Don't get me wrong I would love a C6 ZO6 but I think i would feel like a **** driving one. I had a supercharger SN95 Mustang and one of the things I hate was the meets/fourms where a bunch of hillbillys and old men, I rarely met guys that i would want to hang out with outside of car functions. i find G/Z meets the opposite I wide varity of people and several that I met through cars but often hang out with outside of car functions.
Stop going to meets based on the car make/model, and start going to them based on the people. I used to have an f-body, and the other f-body people I "rolled" with were nothing like the stereotypical f-body owners. It was people from a local site, too.

On a second note, If what someone else thinks or doesn't think of you is somehow taking away from you enjoying your car, you bought it for the wrong reasons.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by FineWine
Stop going to meets based on the car make/model, and start going to them based on the people. I used to have an f-body, and the other f-body people I "rolled" with were nothing like the stereotypical f-body owners. It was people from a local site, too.

On a second note, If what someone else thinks or doesn't think of you is somehow taking away from you enjoying your car, you bought it for the wrong reasons.
I never said i was worried about what others thought of my ride not sure where you came up with that one? I am not at all worried what others think its what I think of corvettes sure a Z06 is nice but I would still feel like a **** driving it IMO. Most of my friends think I am driving a kids car because they are mostly Domestic guys If i was worried about what others thought of my ride I would have a big jacked up diesel because that is what is popular where I live. Domestics like the Mustang/Corvettes in my area are predominatly owned by middle-older aged white guys thats my experience, I think the G/Z guys are the best bunch of car guys I have ever met and I have owned Mustangs, DSMs lifted trucks and jeeps thats my opinion I found like minded people here and the OP should keep that in mind when looking into different platforms if he is into the car culture is he going to meet people he likes to go to meets with and discuss and modify his car with maybe the corvette scene is good in his area and he will love it

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 01-28-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 PM
hypeiv

sell your Z and buy one that's already built off the for sale thread... or if you just wait a few years you can buy a used GT-R
Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
bubblehead-g

drove a g37 today. man they are nice.finally upgraded the gauge cluster to get rid of that generic nissan altima orange. im making an attempt to go after work everyday and test drive one of the cars i have been thinking about. i found an 2008 S4 pretty close im gonna look at tomorrow. and i have been on the hunt for they guy with the turbo z, see if i can get a chance to at least ride in it. he seemed pretty cool, im sure he wouldnt mind showing me what im missing. from what weve talked about he is a z fanatic so he is gonna try his best to convince me to just go for it and boost the G.

ps- sick blue vette running tens up there ^
Old 01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
bubblehead-g

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I never said i was worried about what others thought of my ride not sure where you came up with that one? I am not at all worried what others think its what I think of corvettes sure a Z06 is nice but I would still feel like a **** driving it IMO. Most of my friends think I am driving a kids car because they are mostly Domestic guys If i was worried about what others thought of my ride I would have a big jacked up diesel because that is what is popular where I live. Domestics like the Mustang/Corvettes in my area are predominatly owned by middle-older aged white guys thats my experience, I think the G/Z guys are the best bunch of car guys I have ever met and I have owned Mustangs, DSMs lifted trucks and jeeps thats my opinion I found like minded people here and the OP should keep that in mind when looking into different platforms if he is into the car culture is he going to meet people he likes to go to meets with and discuss and modify his car with maybe the corvette scene is good in his area and he will love it
i do have to agree the scene or ownership tendencies for vettes is way different. when i go to the drag strip on test and tune night i think just about every corvette owner is at least ten years older than me. but from what i have seen if a vette owner has it drag racing on a Wednesday night, he is usually a good guy. the vette owners who just buy one cause its pretty and their getting old arent the type to be in the lanes shooting the **** about cars on a humid summer night smelling like burnout smoke and sweat.

i am attracted to the faith these guys put in their engines. they really dont have any problem throwing 7-8 lbs of boost in them without really modifying much. its almost a non issue for the guys i have been messaging. they just bolt on the kit add some fuel and a few other minor things, then drive the bejesus out of them.

but i love my g35. of all the cars i have had by far this one has been the best, in so many little ways. i love the steering, i love the shape, the body lines, how a proper set of rims just fills that back wheel well up, and i enjoy the vq35. i think its a brilliant engine. smooth as silk on the bottom end, nice mean screamer up top. im gonna test drive a few more cars, drive another vette, and drive that guys boosted z. then i will go from there.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

but i love my g35. of all the cars i have had by far this one has been the best, in so many little ways. i love the steering, i love the shape, the body lines, how a proper set of rims just fills that back wheel well up, and i enjoy the vq35. i think its a brilliant engine. smooth as silk on the bottom end, nice mean screamer up top. im gonna test drive a few more cars, drive another vette, and drive that guys boosted z. then i will go from there.
boost your G and don't look back
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 AM
nyqueenz

there is someone sellin a boosted Z for like 12 or 13k in VA area. u should jump on it btw u will have much more money left ova to do a build whater...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:35 AM
Mr.Squeeze

This right here sound like it's what you really want I would just boost the G35 on the stock block.I think it is real smart of you that you are taking your time in making your move.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Boozt

Invest. If not...sell your current ride....and dump 60-65K in a Noble, GTM, C6 Z06, Viper ACR GTS.....the list goes on. If I was not in over my head on my Z.....I would be driving a trick GTM right now. Don't get me wrong, I love my Z and have only a little regret....but for the over 45K I have into it....I may have done something else.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Z_HighSpeed

+1 invest.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:21 AM
350Z400rwhp

OOoooooo one more thought that 50K will buy you but it is a kit car and you will have to built it from the ground up. I would one day like to do this project but it requires an empty garage or a 3 car so your other cars can still be inside. I would say it takes about 6 months to build. Try looking up Factory Five Racing's GTM. They make those Cobra replica cars and a few years ago came out with the GTM. The kit is $19,999 and you need a Porsche 911 or GT-3 transmission 4-6K and a donor corvette 8K and and motor out of a Corvette from 97-09 5-15K. Kit cars are not near as nice in the fit and finish department but my god this car looks like a supercar and will beat just about anything. Car & Driver did a write up on this a couple of years ago.

Here it is folks.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J2VJwDBcQSk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J2VJwDBcQSk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Quick Reply: 50k$ and an 06 6mt, what would you do?