Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

50k$ and an 06 6mt, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post some pictures please, sounds like you made a good choice my car is still not running before going "all out" on the build I was looking at RS4s I wish I would have went that route and I would be driving the car now
Old 04-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Post some pictures please, sounds like you made a good choice my car is still not running before going "all out" on the build I was looking at RS4s I wish I would have went that route and I would be driving the car now
STOP IT GORD!!

Since we have been down a similar road let me tell you that once you get on the road you will have so much fun. I feel like a kid again

OP, congrats on your choice and enjoy the Audi forums . I find that the older I get, the more like a child I become.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by Cass007
STOP IT GORD!!

Since we have been down a similar road let me tell you that once you get on the road you will have so much fun. I feel like a kid again

OP, congrats on your choice and enjoy the Audi forums . I find that the older I get, the more like a child I become.

I know I need to quit being a downer. I keep seeing all the guys out with their new Cameros,Challangers and Shelby Mustangs thinking they have bad a$$ machines because no one has shown them other wise yet. I need to get out and start handing out a few educations, then it will be worth it .
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I know I need to quit being a downer. I keep seeing all the guys out with their new Cameros,Challangers and Shelby Mustangs thinking they have bad a$$ machines because no one has shown them other wise yet. I need to get out and start handing out a few educations, then it will be worth it .
Educations is were its at.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by bubblehead-g
your car is sick. when i look at my car and see in my head what I really want it to look like, its very similar to yours. the problem i see is having to spend a couple thousand on a beater car to drive A) when my G goes in for install/tuning. From others I have talked to this could take from 6 weeks to 6 months and B) for backup in case my G decides that it doesn't want to start randomly and I have to be at work in an hour. if I knew I could turbo my car and i wouldnt have to worry about having a backup vehicle I would have already committed and started the process. from my point of view I could save the money I would need to spend on a beater and use it to buy a set of HRE's or similar forged rims for a slower but more reliable vehicle. plus having to explain to my wife that Im sending my infiniti off for a few months to spend massive amounts of money on it, and its going to be less reliable when I get it back doesnt seem like its going to be fun. On top of that telling her Im gonna buy another car. Oh jesus that would not be fun. It could be done, but it would be slow torture. Would probably have to fly the in-laws out for a week and send them all out on a cruise to bribe her.
I must be one in a handfull of people who DD their car while being boosted and not have all these problems.I did get screwed this winter when a tractor trailer blew a tire right in front of me and will have to rent a car for 2 days for my frt bumper being fixed and painted but i havent had all the problems that most people have been having.

Maybe there is a good luck charm shoved up my *** that i cant feel.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I must be one in a handfull of people who DD their car while being boosted and not have all these problems.I
1/2 of my issue is the used engine I bought the other 1/2 is I built the rest of car myself its not the first car i have done myself i have never done one to this level of power or mods but i have learned alot in the past year.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 04-07-2010 at 08:47 PM.