Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

STILLEN Obtains 50-State Legal Status For 370Z/G37 Supe

Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Team STILLEN
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STILLEN Obtains 50-State Legal Status For 370Z/G37 Supe

STILLEN is proud to announce that the 370Z/G37 Supercharger System has gone through all of the testing, and has been approved by C.A.R.B. and is now certified as 50-state smog/emissions legal!

http://blog.stillen.com/2011/09/stil...harger-system/

Here's the info from the press release:

For over 25 years STILLEN has been recognized as a leader in Nissan/Infiniti tuning. With a history of setting “first time” milestones in the aftermarket for these great vehicles, STILLEN has established themselves as the company to follow when it comes to Nissan and Infiniti product development. STILLEN was the first company to develop the HICAS eliminator system for the 300ZX Z32 platform. When the Z33 350Z was introduced, STILLEN was once again the leader with the first forced induction solution, as well as the first to offer CARB legality, and AGAIN the first with a 3-year/36,000 mile engine warranty.
Well, STILLEN has done it again as Team STILLEN is proud to announce the CARB approval of the Nissan 370Z (Z34) G37 Supercharger Kit.

STILLEN has not only been the first company to achieve CARB legality of a forced induction solution on the VQ37, we have also been the first company to achieve such an accomplishment while tuning through Nissan’s sophisticated ECU with larger injectors. This is a major accomplishment for Team STILLEN and one that will join the many other first time landmarks STILLEN has achieved in the Nissan/Infiniti tuning world.

CARB (California Air Resources Board) is the division of the California state government that controls all aspects of air quality and standards. With standards getting stricter it is getting more and more difficult to achieve CARB legality. CARB is recognized as the toughest emissions control in the country and is therefore recognized in all 50 states as an emissions standard for all performance parts. If a performance part achieves CARB legality, it is recognized as 50-state legal.

The power the STILLEN Supercharger system delivers is dramatic, taking the factory 3.7L V6 from 332hp to over 500hp! The system is designed to work with both automatic and 6-speed vehicles, including convertible and AWD models.

The STILLEN VQ37 Supercharger features a new cast aluminum intake manifold engineered specifically for this kit, complete air-to-water intercooler system, and boost is derived from a Vortech V-3 Supercharger unit. The V-3 features a quiet V-belt design, and a self-contained oiling system for easy maintenance.

In the past year STILLEN has shipped supercharger systems around the world. Fantastic reviews and reports are coming in from:
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Singapore
  • Russia
  • Thailand
  • Korea
  • Canada
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • France
  • United Arab Emirates
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • United Kingdom

Not to mention all of the kits that have been installed with great success across the United States at Nissan/Infiniti dealerships and performance shops. This is a bolt-on system, capable of being installed by any qualified ASE-certified automotive performance shop, or at hundreds of Nissan and Infiniti dealerships across the country, or right here at STILLEN at our in-house install facility.

Once again, STILLEN has successfully accomplished all of its goals with another great forced induction solution for the Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.

STILLEN 3.7L Supercharger System Features Include:
  • Vortech V-3 Centrifugal Supercharger Unit
  • STILLEN purpose designed cast aluminum intake manifold with long runners for increased torque
  • Installs under the stock hood - No modifications needed
  • Complete system includes pre-assembled Vortech V-3 supercharger assembly, air intake with polished air charge pipe and genuine K&N intake filters, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, UpRev ECU Tuning cable/software and detailed installation instructions.
  • Optional 3-year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty
  • Made in the USA
  • 50-State Emissions Legal (E.O. Number D-436-17)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpUC72wV8M

Last edited by Team STILLEN; 09-07-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM
kakashishin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this needs to be moved to the 370Z fourms since, to my knowlege, this kit isn't for the 350Z. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
AngelsVQ

Sick
Old 09-07-2011, 12:43 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

a faaaaar cry better looking product than what was avail for the 350z.
this will be a savior for thier z following.

Hope they didnt get ridiculous w the price tho..
Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Team STILLEN
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kakashishin
I think this needs to be moved to the 370Z fourms since, to my knowlege, this kit isn't for the 350Z. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The reason i'm posting this here is the 350Z kit does exist, and will be launched too.. more information to follow regarding CARB for that as well.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

The kit is in fact purty!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by josh@stillen
The reason i'm posting this here is the 350Z kit does exist, and will be launched too.. more information to follow regarding CARB for that as well.
call me very curious to see what they did.. i wont knock it..i will give it a chance for sure... if yal finally got around to revamping it.. thats good news. For us and for yal.

Still scary to boost on a stock block DE tho... mine went fatal on me w no boost, no racing... cant imagine the boosted guys w 400whp on stock toothpick rods.

anyways... in 4 updates on each.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Huh. Been in a stillen g35 and was far less than impressed. Actually didn't like the car at all... Root blowers just don't fit the style of these cars imo, and your old kits don't have much peak power/upgrade-ability (compared to others). Glad to see you switched to centrifugal.
Hopefully that doesn't come across as too rude, but I'm just speaking my mind. Honestly you guys have some really cool products specifically exhausts that sound great, but I would not buy one of the old supercharger systems.
Interested to see what your revamp ends up producing. CARB is a biotch. And I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong section.

Guys have any videos? (Edit: I mean of the 350z/g35)

Last edited by Resmarted; 09-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

500whp can be sustained on stock cats?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by bmccann101
call me very curious to see what they did.. i wont knock it..i will give it a chance for sure... if yal finally got around to revamping it.. thats good news. For us and for yal.

Still scary to boost on a stock block DE tho... mine went fatal on me w no boost, no racing... cant imagine the boosted guys w 400whp on stock toothpick rods.

anyways... in 4 updates on each.
Great first comment. Not many people have that mind set of 'I won't say I hate it until I try it myself' type attitude.

I have local VQ buddies joking around about my aesthetic mods versus becoming boosted.
We still argue to this day that boosting on a stock block is not a good idea.

I read a couple of times that low boost and a conservative tune is 'safe' on a Z. Until you start pushing toward the 400whp.
Sketch.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
kakashishin

After 4 years of waiting for this kit and seeing nothing, I think I'm going to need some pictures and some test data regarding the kit for the HR motors before I believe it, lol.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:00 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why would you be waiting for stillen to rebadge a vortech kit for a 350z?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:30 AM
deanfootlong

Originally Posted by djamps
500whp can be sustained on stock cats?
im pretty certain they're stating crank hp.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:34 AM
R350Zz33

for the hr 350? we have been waiting for like 6 years i really dont see this happening
Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 PM
kakashishin

Originally Posted by str8dum1
I was waiting for the kit 3 years ago when I first got my car but now I am looking at other options to use for my car. Like I said, I will believe it exist when I see pictures.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Team STILLEN
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Vortech supplied their supercharger unit, all development was done by STILLEN engineers.

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
for the hr 350? we have been waiting for like 6 years i really dont see this happening
Originally Posted by kakashishin
I was waiting for the kit 3 years ago when I first got my car but now I am looking at other options to use for my car. Like I said, I will believe it exist when I see pictures.
We've posted pictures months ago..
Attached Thumbnails STILLEN Obtains 50-State Legal Status For 370Z/G37 Supe-stillen_supercharged_350z_hr.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 12:46 AM
R350Zz33

Vortech supplied their supercharger unit, all development was done by STILLEN engineers.

We've posted pictures months ago..
so weres the finished product ?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it's being finalized, we have a customer who will have it on his car shortly (08 350Z)
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats