Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Most HP made with stock headers

Old 03-15-2011, 06:45 AM
rh_334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmedic16
the point of the graph is not hp. but hp curve.. get it?
yea, i got it, but if you want to argue that we will. Different tuners (different timing setups) so spool will vary, and it was also noted that the second car had an exhaust leak, so even comparing the curve between the 2 is inaccurate
Old 03-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rh_334
yea, i got it, but if you want to argue that we will. Different tuners (different timing setups) so spool will vary, and it was also noted that the second car had an exhaust leak, so even comparing the curve between the 2 is inaccurate
A small exhaust leak is over come by sheer volume of gas going to the turbo in this case, at the rpm's I am looking at. So, these two IMO are very much comparable.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 03-15-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I do'nt see the problem here.

It's simple: the graph is used to show that a stock header car will have a drop in power in high rpm range (most exhaust flow) and aftermarket headers will flow enough to hold hp all the way to redline.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
zmedic16

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by binder
I do'nt see the problem here.

It's simple: the graph is used to show that a stock header car will have a drop in power in high rpm range (most exhaust flow) and aftermarket headers will flow enough to hold hp all the way to redline.
Thanks for keeping it on topic. Good news here
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Not sure, but that is a BP ST kit dyno. We all know that a Vortech graph will never have that hp/tq curve.
Oh really? what kinda curve is that?

my pump gas vortech.

and calc'd with the trq curve.

Last edited by str8dum1; 03-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well, the verdict is in. The OEM headers are in fact a huge restriction if you plan on going past 400whp on a DD dyno or 450 on a DJ.

I know that there were people saying that this is not the case, but now I have dyno charts to prove that theory. I can also call BS on all of those 600whp dyno charts that were posted claiming stock headers were used.

I know that a few people here (and behind the scenes) had suggested that the kit is flawed, and that theory can go out the window as well.

I will post more information once I get some more info/specs on the run made.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 03-23-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Well, the verdict is in. The OEM headers are in fact a huge restriction if you plan on going past 400whp on a DD dyno or 450 on a DJ.

I know that there were people saying that this is not the case, but now I have dyno charts to prove that theory. I can also call BS on all of those 600whp dyno charts that were posted claiming stock headers were used.

I know that a few people here (and behind the scenes) had suggested that the kit is flawed, and that theory can go out the window as well.

^ Nice jab without naming names even though it's obvious who your remark is aimed at. Until you or someone else duplicates the PowerLab tests... you have insufficient proof to call BS or disprove their dyno results.

I told you that I personally saw that stock headers were on the G during dyno testing with the 35R and 37R turbos. I also told you that there was still a stock header on the passenger side during the 76S dyno tests, including the 906whp dyno run. So are you calling me a liar and questioning my integrity too? I'm willing to testify in court about what I personally witnessed during the PowerLab testing. Are you? Oh wait... You weren't there and haven't duplicated their test conditions yet. So why expose yourself to the liability of such public slander?

If you think aftermarket headers are necessary for 450+whp... fine. Leave it at that. Agree to disagree. Results with YOUR kit still don't disprove the PowerLab dyno results achieved during their R & D testing 4 years ago. This bashing and continual antagonism on your part against PL is completely unnecessary and unwarranted.

Sasha,
I've been quite supportive and cordial with you on these forums since you became a vendor on here and released your kit. I thought your kit was a nice single turbo alternative and that there was room in the VQ market for both kits without need to resort to negative marketing and bashing. Intense and PowerLab felt the same way. Hence why you've never seen them engage in any hostile marketing towards you.

I've even remained diplomatic with you as I've seen you become progressively more aggressive in your thinly veiled jabs and insinuations at PowerLab in attemps to discredit them. I've also noticed that you've been jumping into PowerLab related threads lately like flies on **** even though I've never seen Intense troll in your threads. I didn't take offense to what you posted in those threads, because you were just trying to be helpful. None the less... Over the years I've noticed that vendors typically stay out of each other's threads, especially when rival products are involved. It's an unofficial forum protocol and professional courtesy I've seen practiced over the years and I've noticed that some of the newer vendors, yourself included, don't seem to do the same.

Your escalation of your negative campaign against PowerLab is disappointing and completely unnecessary. I've never seen anyone associated with PowerLab or any PowerLab end users post anything derogatory about you, your company, or your kit ...especially after the recent BP dyno results that have been posted. Yet you keep making public jabs at PL to defend your dyno results. Let your product and your customer service stand on its own merits.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-23-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

LOL,,
Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I call BS to your theory too.. Power was made on same dyno jet as other 1000whp on many supras...same power was made on gt37r kit in other dyno jets as well, including public dyno runs at car show dynos, very few people have the ***** to do that there even.... Also, the car run also run 1/4mile with trap speeds justifying the power. So why don't you save the drama and spare us your theory without having any first hand knowledge with the kit itself. The theory of headers being a must were disproved since the TN days...maybe your kit is more sensitive to it ... Different kits. How boost builds makes N/A parts react different... Example is the cosworth manifold...its a work of art with the CF velocity stacks but it doesn't help you at high boost... To some it has helped in power others hasn't...i have no intention to doubt anybody results...different setups/kits

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 03-24-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:13 AM
rh_334

Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 AM
zmedic16

cant wait for sashas new findings..
Old 03-24-2011, 05:39 AM
bryan@momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

As a Single Turbo kit manaufacturer that also manufacturers headers specifically designed to work for our turbo kit as well as NA applications I think I can shed some light here. I will not dip into the politics though.

We have a customer's car in Tampa that made 525whp at 12.2 psi on a land and sea dyno with stock manifolds. We have another customer in Wilmington that is in the mid 540s whp dyno jet again low teens as far as PSI goes.

The stock manifolds will suffice to a point, I do not claim to know what that level of power is, we have the comfortable position to recomend our headers when someone is reaching for really big numbers.

I think we can all feel confident in the statement that headers can help a single turbo, but a single turbo kit should be able to make power reflective to the selection of the turbo.

it is our experience that headers do decrease spool up time and reduce pre-wastegate back pressure.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

380whp at 9psi, 418whp at 16psi.

Installed Momentum Performance headers and the new larger Boosted Performance intercooler. The results were quite impressive.

512whp at 18-19psi, on 93octane pump gas. Still using stock cams and stock intake plenum.

[/QUOTE]

As far as flow goes, the FMIC is the same just a 3" taller core. All other dimentions that would influence flow stay the same.

QuickSilver, all I can do is let the number do the talking. I have nothing else to say here as far as comparing one kits power to another. I was not the one throwig the 600whp dyno charts here. The comment was not directed at PL like you always assume..if you go back in this thread you will find some of my customers saying that the headers are not an issue.

As far as commenting in other vendors threads...I don't know what to tell you. I guess some of the new vendors are a bit more mature. You don't see me blowing a gasket when Bryan@Momentum makes constructive comments in my threads, trying to help, and I am sure he can say the same about me. Isn't this what these forums are all about? Let's all act like adults.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 03-24-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 AM
bryan@momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

Isn't this what these forums are all about? Let's all act like adults.
Agreed. I commend Sasha for being very public about his R&D, that type of transparency is noble and rare. To publish the positive and negative results equally, for public consumption is a rarity in any market.

I also agree with a statement from Rude, in that there is room for all of us in this market and that I think all of the North American turbo kit manufacturers would like a bigger slice of the Asian turbo kit manufacturer market share.

We as entrepreneurs and business owners are trying to improve our gross national product, respectively.

In this public forum, you actually have Momentum Performance, Boosted Performance, Power Lab, and GTM here promoting our respective goods. When was the last time you saw Greddy or Turbonetics here standing behind their products in a public forum?

It is a competitive world but there is no need for it to be dog eat dog amongst ourselves, in my opinion. We are all proud of our respective wares and rightly so. I think we should all hold ourselves to a higher standard in our collective actions both online.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I can also call BS on all of those 600whp dyno charts that were posted claiming stock headers were used.
The comment was not directed at PL like you always assume..
Then who was your comment directed at? Cuz it was the only part of your post that I found offensive and unnecessary. I'll gladly retract my prior post if you can show me what other 600whp dynos you are referring to.

Very nice gains with the headers and larger FMIC. Congrats.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-24-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Then who was your comment directed at? Cuz it was the only part of your post that I found offensive and unnecessary. I'll gladly retract my prior post if you can show me what other 600whp dynos you are referring to.

Very nice gains with the headers and larger FMIC. Congrats.
The comment was not directed at PL like you always assume..if you go back in this thread you will find some of my customers saying that the headers are not an issue.
And thank you.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Taurran
^ Nice jab without naming names even though it's obvious who your remark is aimed at. Until you or someone else duplicates the PowerLab tests... you have insufficient proof to call BS or disprove their dyno results.

.... This bashing and continual antagonism on your part against PL is completely unnecessary and unwarranted.
As is your continual nutswinging of IP. There were some snide comments made about the MP kit by your group of kronies. Dont try to act all innocent like you have before.

Btw, how is your build coming? anything GOOD to report this year or next? What happened to only considering SGP to work on your car?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

And thank you.
So you're calling BS on 600whp dynos by some of your customers?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
So you're calling BS on 600whp dynos by some of your customers?
No, I am saying that those who claimed that headers are not an issue, are wrong and the recent results are here now to prove that fact.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I can also call BS on all of those 600whp dyno charts that were posted claiming stock headers were used.
No, I am saying that those who claimed that headers are not an issue, are wrong and the recent results are here now to prove that fact.
C'mon Sasha. Those two statements above don't jive or look remotely similar in context or meaning. You state "600whp dyno charts". Whose 600whp dynos are you calling BS on?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most HP made with stock headers