Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Boosted Performance single turbo fabrication

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Dajersyrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryd87
i generally dont bother coming on this useless forum anymore except to browse classifieds but the ecu has been out for AWHILE, i worked directly with sam santerre on the project and was the first vq35 outside AEM to run the ecu. not only has it been available for about 8 months now but the infinity-6 is now out and supports the vq35 as well for $1500 entry fee. people will buy it because it offers motec level performance at a fraction of the price. having tuned pro efi on another platform, haltech on this one, and the infinity it is WELL worth the price. just a small example, haltech idle oscillated 150 rpms using a mustang cheap *** china throttle body, infinity is able to get that down to 50 rpms, pretty much what you would see stock. it always irritated me but i was fine with it chalking it up to me buying a cheap part, until i used the infinity.

it is the ecu i recommend to my customers as well as several others who are not. i wouldnt run anything else at this point unless i was forced to by something like not being supported by the ecu.

edit:my bad seems you already saw its been out for a little bit now. what i can tell you about it is i had my car running in 15 minutes on it once final firmware was done, although having a pre release ecu i ended up having to send it in to get a motherboard update as it would break up past 5k rpms. the ease of tuning is stellar and it has alot of potential with customizing channels.

AEM left us high and dry back in the days and left us with only UTEC and Fcon pretty much till the Haltec came out which had the Variable Cam timing. AEM kept pushing back and pushing back and it just never came out..I really wish these were out when I was in the game, they Infiniti unit seems like a bad *** unit that will do everything the tuner needs it to do and eliminates the factory ECU. Its a shame the 350Z FI platform has died off the way it has, this product would have ruled the market 6-7 years ago. Nowadays a top of the line ECM system seems a hard sell to a 350Z owner who rather spend the money on stupid 20" wheels or plasti dip..
Old 06-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Dajersyrat

my wifes escape is technically a low mount turbo, it can drain to the pan but you really cant mount a turbo any lower anywhere else on the car.

in specifics to the BP kit design even though i dont run it anymore(really just due to my specific requirements and never being happy with anything i dont build) its about the shortest possible exhaust pathway to keep heat high in the exhaust so it has the maximum velocity when entering the turbo. as to where you mount it, where he does is a short exhaust path for most people. if you move the radiator forward and relocate the power steering however(if you dont run ac) theres alot of room up front.............
1-I dont like the fact of having to rely on a secondary oil pump to scavenge the oil from the turbo to the motor.

2-I dont like having the turbo next to the transmission just waiting for a speed bump or road debris to rip your entire turbo and oiling system off the car.(perhaps they have magical roads in Canada, Aye..)

3-its just ugly IMHO

4-the designer smeared others kits to market his kit, I know form personal experience that only comes back to bite you on the ***.

5-Its just a stupid stupid stupid design...

6-Why would you want to retain the OEM exhaust components at all if you were building a serious turbo car?

If I did a 350Z all over again, a set of custom long tube headers to a front mount turbo set up. Putting a turbo under a car is just asking for problems, I dont care how easy the install is. If modding a car was supposed to be easy, everyone would have 700hp cars..
Old 06-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Dajersyrat

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Seems Julian thinks each thread is his soapbox lol

Tell us more about you being the best and running the most honest shop!
Well perhaps you and Super mod Romey could have me banned again and then orchestrate a 36 page thread of lies bashing me with me not being able to defend myself against the liable and slander? Im guessing when Romey and Sam turned the entire community against me they didn't tell the truth, it wasn't until I found a video that told the truth that Romey admitted it was his own fault.

https://my350z.com/forum/6626269-post682.html

So as you can see these forums can build and destroy reputations on simple words and lies..Be careful who you slander people, it comes back to bite you..

I just wish I could find the thread where I posted the GTM engine breakdown and was flamed for that by the nutswingers.

If you dont like my presences, show the community how the sponsor/Moderator relationship works, and how certain people are allowed to post with immunity, and just ban me already...We all know its a matter of time Im banned for the 11 teenth time..

Or perhaps I will be lucky enough to have my very own thread?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I remember that thread Julian. I didn't know that Romey had you permabanned. But I agree with your comments this forum can make or break you and keep slanders to a minimum. Most shops stay off the forum unless their selling parts
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Dajersyrat

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
I remember that thread Julian. I didn't know that Romey had you permabanned. But I agree with your comments this forum can make or break you and keep slanders to a minimum. Most shops stay off the forum unless their selling parts
Yup.Eventually the truth always comes out....And the guy who everyone was made to believe was the villain was actually the voice of reason...Well, not in my case, I was a complete Douche bag on the forums, always because I let my emotions get the best of me. Probably because I was trying to get people to see the truth but the masses were swinging of a few select ******* sacs..Now some 6 years later, the same people that flamed me and ran me off, perhaps see a little bit of the truth on how things worked around here, when the same exact **** was done to their friends and their shops..
Old 06-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dajersyrat
1-I dont like the fact of having to rely on a secondary oil pump to scavenge the oil from the turbo to the motor.
With all the turbo kits I have sold, there hasn't been a single pump issue. A couple of customers had the turbo fail (thrust bearings), but not a single pump. That should tell you how reliable these pumps are. Read up on the Exa pump, and you will understand why. Or better yet, do what I did..take one apart if you are not convinced that these things are bullet proof.

2-I dont like having the turbo next to the transmission just waiting for a speed bump or road debris to rip your entire turbo and oiling system off the car.(perhaps they have magical roads in Canada, Aye..)
Again, you don't know anything about the kit, and the layout. You will take out your oil pan before you take out anything else on the kit. All the components sit above the subframe, so clearance is great.

Not a great picture, but it shows how high everything is (note the turbo height in reference to the front aluminium sub-frame, and then let me know how it would be possible to have anything hit it).

Name:  IMG_7384.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  435.2 KB

3-its just ugly IMHO

Not sure how many will agree with that...biggest complaint from customers is that everything is tucked away, and they can't show it off.

Name:  IMG_8238_zpsebad1340.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  296.6 KB

4-the designer smeared others kits to market his kit, I know form personal experience that only comes back to bite you on the ***.
I see that you and RudeG are BFF's now.

Another thought provoking argument!

6-Why would you want to retain the OEM exhaust components at all if you were building a serious turbo car?
This is another point that shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to after market performance. Every kit that has ever been built for this platform is made to bolt up to the OEM exhaust/converters. Is it a good idea? Of course not, because it will hinder performance. But that is something most people already know. I tell all my customers with built engines to upgrade the headers as well, since the OEM's are poorly designed and don't flow well at all. OEM headers have an 8" long section that measures just over 1.5" inside diameter...these are garbage and are just barely good enough for stock block power.

Here is a comparison of DE headers (left with 1.65" diameter outlet) to HR/VHR headers on the right (2.2" diameter outlet):

Name:  IMG_6978.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  77.6 KB

I don't think I need to explain this picture:

Name:  IMG_6981.jpg
Views: 1642
Size:  96.8 KB

There is no need to upgrade the HR/VHR headers at all, since they are built well by Nissan. So, yes, I have done my homework.

If I did a 350Z all over again, a set of custom long tube headers to a front mount turbo set up. Putting a turbo under a car is just asking for problems, I dont care how easy the install is. If modding a car was supposed to be easy, everyone would have 700hp cars..
Good luck with that. There is just not enough room for forward facing LTH...unless you do some very extensive engine bay modifications. There is no market for this, because most customers don't want to completely tare up their car. I am of course looking at it from a business perspective, and not a one of set-up.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 06-01-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Dajersyrat

I will agree that Nissan did a decent job with those factory headers for the HR motor. Could always make them a little smoother, but for a mass produced OEM part, not bad at all..

Any idea what may have caused the thrust bearing failures on those few cases?

PS your fabrication is very high quality looking. Nice welds.. So you never attempted to do a larger twin scroll under the hood?

Last edited by Dajersyrat; 06-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I will agree that Nissan did a decent job with those factory headers for the HR motor. Could always make them a little smoother, but for a mass produced OEM part, not bad at all..

Any idea what may have caused the thrust bearing failures on those few cases?

PS your fabrication is very high quality looking. Nice welds.. So you never attempted to do a larger twin scroll under the hood?
I don't know what could have caused the thrust bearing issues. From what I understand, Precision turbo has switched to steel thrust bearings, and those are more prone to failures than the brass thrust bearings due to the decreased ability to handle thermal expansions. That is only two turbos out of close to one hundred that I have sold, so in the grand scheme of things, not too bad. Both turbos were repaired under warranty.

Thanks for the compliment on fabrication...it is something I have learned to do on my own, because I really enjoy it...and take pride in the quality. I back purge all the pipes with argon, so you get a top notch weld, that can take anything you throw at it.

I have not attempted to do anything in the engine bay. It is just so tight in there, and I don't want to move/cut/alter anything. The engine bay on my car looks OEM:

Name:  INstall058.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  129.5 KB

The other reason I prefer to keep it this way is because I have made a couple of custom kits, and the retention of OEM components for clearances/references is important. I do stay out of the engine bay for the most part. The customers with larger (67/75mm turbos) get 3.5" down pipes, and there is just no way to run that size of down pipe with an engine bay turbo. For example, this particular build (picture below) went to a 3.5" down pipe about 10" after the turbo. I could have gone with the 3.5" DP much closer to the turbo, but did not want to sacrifice ground clearance. 10" of 3" diameter pipe is not going to make any noticeable difference.

Name:  IMG_8113_zps13539874.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  450.4 KB

This is the customer that made 560whp on pump on the DD I posted earlier in this thread.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 06-01-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Dajersyrat

What kind of turbo set up can you do in this engine bay?
Attached Thumbnails Boosted Performance single turbo fabrication-dsc_0004.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
The customers with larger (67/75mm turbos) get 3.5" down pipes, and there is just no way to run that size of down pipe with an engine bay turbo.
That's not true. The PowerLab cars with the 76S turbo have 3.5" downpipes. Aftermarket headers provide enough clearance.

https://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds...p-video-5.html

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-01-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Dajersyrat

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
That's not true. The PowerLab cars with the 76S turbo have 3.5" downpipes. Aftermarket headers provide enough clearance.
I had dual 3.5" down pipes on my Z
Old 06-01-2014, 08:59 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i had the kit for awhile because i dont car about peak numbers yes my car makes high peak numbers, not up with any records though. i am all about average power aka power under the curve. originally his kit let me do that. the only issue ive had with the kit is hawaii is very sandy so the filter became partially clogged quickly and i ran into issues with the restriction is caused when running about 26 psi. as far as scraping or anything else of that nature possibly endangering the turbo ive never ever had a issue. i know corvettes due to space constraints in the engine bay run mostly rear mounts and never seen them have issues. the STS kits actually have a much better name in the domestic market then here.

now however my front mount setup is doing what your talking about. 36 inch long primarys enable peak torque to happen at 5800 rpms. combined with quick spool(not the sound performance setup, i run wastegates for it) should enable a beastly power band and minimize sacrifices.

3-its just ugly IMHO

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:09 PM
jerryd87

also for what its worth trying to act bad *** with a t3 turbo going on about "yah i got the low power level that is perfectly achievable on pump gas but i had to use race gas!" should make the person supporting it embarrassed. frankly the dynos that i have seen pertaining to the arguement, the turbos are so strung out that the power band is **** and they only hit that peak for a moment and see 90% power for only a fraction of their power band. thats nothing to brand about.

however frankly i expect it from Z owners, what ive seen is they dont mod their cars with any sense they just go with what everyone else does or a single shop posts something stupid and everyone hops on. i see all the time people grabbing the biggest cams they can find, X intake, and X headers without any thought to how the parts need to work together. trying to talk any sense into them results in "but its FI its pressurized it dosnt need to have parts matched!" ignoring the fact that even a NA engine is technically pressurized and it that where true pro shops wouldnt put hundreds of thousands into development.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 PM
jerryd87

my bolt on core support with tilted radiator offers plenty of room. the fiberglass unit takes up a ton of space. when i get back to ohio and actually have room for a mill i will offer a kit for the power steering relocation as well although its possible to do it without this running the exhaust up like the aps runs the charge pipe although hardly ideal.

this is still the prototype sorry the picture is upside down but there is enough room for the turbo easily even with my dual 4 inch thick 12 inch diameter fans that pull almost 1900 cfm each......Name:  IMG_20140524_171504788_zpsa624abc6.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  67.6 KB
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
With all the turbo kits I have sold, there hasn't been a single pump issue. A couple of customers had the turbo fail (thrust bearings), but not a single pump. That should tell you how reliable these pumps are. Read up on the Exa pump, and you will understand why. Or better yet, do what I did..take one apart if you are not convinced that these things are bullet proof.

Again, you don't know anything about the kit, and the layout. You will take out your oil pan before you take out anything else on the kit. All the components sit above the subframe, so clearance is great.

Not a great picture, but it shows how high everything is (note the turbo height in reference to the front aluminium sub-frame, and then let me know how it would be possible to have anything hit it).

Not sure how many will agree with that...biggest complaint from customers is that everything is tucked away, and they can't show it off.

I see that you and RudeG are BFF's now.

Another thought provoking argument!

This is another point that shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to after market performance. Every kit that has ever been built for this platform is made to bolt up to the OEM exhaust/converters. Is it a good idea? Of course not, because it will hinder performance. But that is something most people already know. I tell all my customers with built engines to upgrade the headers as well, since the OEM's are poorly designed and don't flow well at all. OEM headers have an 8" long section that measures just over 1.5" inside diameter...these are garbage and are just barely good enough for stock block power.

Here is a comparison of DE headers (left with 1.65" diameter outlet) to HR/VHR headers on the right (2.2" diameter outlet):

I don't think I need to explain this picture:

There is no need to upgrade the HR/VHR headers at all, since they are built well by Nissan. So, yes, I have done my homework.

Good luck with that. There is just not enough room for forward facing LTH...unless you do some very extensive engine bay modifications. There is no market for this, because most customers don't want to completely tare up their car. I am of course looking at it from a business perspective, and not a one of set-up.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-01-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

also for what its worth trying to act bad *** with a t3 turbo going on about "yah i got the low power level that is perfectly achievable on pump gas but i had to use race gas!" should make the person supporting it embarrassed. frankly the dynos that i have seen pertaining to the arguement, the turbos are so strung out that the power band is **** and they only hit that peak for a moment and see 90% power for only a fraction of their power band. thats nothing to brand about.

however frankly i expect it from Z owners, what ive seen is they dont mod their cars with any sense they just go with what everyone else does or a single shop posts something stupid and everyone hops on. i see all the time people grabbing the biggest cams they can find, X intake, and X headers without any thought to how the parts need to work together. trying to talk any sense into them results in "but its FI its pressurized it dosnt need to have parts matched!" ignoring the fact that even a NA engine is technically pressurized and it that where true pro shops wouldnt put hundreds of thousands into development.
Sounds like you bought into the false narrative and smear campaign that has been propagated on this forum by a select few about how T3 kits were marketed. Showing what a kit can do maxed out on race gas is hardly embarrassing, shameful, or misleading as it has been twisted by some much later in the game. Nobody ever claimed or insinuated that a T3 turbo will make more power than a T4. FWIW, the T4 76S version was also shown maxed out with race gas numbers. They didn't market the T4 version any differently than the T3. Back in those days (before you joined this forum), all the big shops were showcasing their big builds maxed out on race gas. Back then everyone was trying to achieve new dyno records on TT and ST kits. Bragging rights on pump gas wasn't a hot topic back then. It didn't become a popular discussion until later, and much more so when the OP started promoting his kit years later.

I do agree with you about the demographic of Z owners, particularly in the FI section of this forum. The overwhelming majority are noobish and naive sheeple who don't have a clue. For example, they'll read the inaccurate statement made above by the OP about 3.5" downpipes and figure that it's true because a sponsor/vendor said it. They won't take the time or make the effort to research old threads and see that the PL kit was able to fit a 3.5" downpipe with aftermarket headers.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-01-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:51 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Yeah.. That's the issue I have ...op talking too much and posting inaccurate comments about other turbo kits, or talk of some great achievements when in fact its been done several times already on this platform...but if anybody does it in his kit, its a sensitive issue.....and noobs simply don't know better.

I certainly wouldn't put a1000$ turbo in the place most likely to get screwed up on a lowered car....and with all the R&D of car manufacturers, nobody put it there. But its another option, and at the end of the day I applaud anybody taking the fi road.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-01-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:20 AM
jerryd87

bought into? how about you educate yourself and quit being a nut hugger the FACT is that what sasha markets is KNOWN along MANY platforms. go over to the turbo forums with people who ACTUALLY know turbos and tell them how great your t3 is and you will be laughed away. the FACT is the kits maxed on on race gas puts out **** numbers. literally they make what my wastegate does or less and NONE of them make the 850 i make, which i make on pump. the FACT is that what has been insinuated is that a t3 makes **** power and cant hit a number. which is 95% TRUE, the only ones doing that are making that power with very selective parts, something this community dosnt know **** about. ON TOP OF THAT the ones that DID had a **** power band and DESPITE the dyno(which dont actually mean **** just so you know)you would hardly notice the difference between the ones at 500 hp and 550 whp because they make it for a short time and the car would NEVER see that on the street or track.

im not defending sasha frankly i could care less i dont run his kit anymore i run my own setup. is his setup pretty damn easy to install? yes, does he have great customer service? damn straight, would i recommend his setup for the general z owner who dosnt care about max performance? sure why not. what i am presenting is that the limits are well known of the t3 setups across MANY platforms and the instances that counter what has been said are VERY few and far between and frankly not even worth mentioning because the turbos are so strung out. if you educated yourself on the subject instead of "but omgz this person made it this one time on race gas and was soo leet" you would know that the platforms that run t3 to make power run MASSIVE wasetgates, HUGE compressors, and 4 port boost control solenoids in order to make it work something that NO manufacturer or shop has done with the Z.

i might have only been on this site for a few years but i have been doing **** with cars for AWHILE now which is why my engine, built in a parking lot, has outlasted many of the "OG's" engines and despite people hopping into my threads about engine building and the such telling me how wrong i am has shown i actually know wtf im talking about, and its not from reading **** either, some of my knowledge might have started there but i got out there and did it and watched it happen instead of just talking about it online.
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Sounds like you bought into the false narrative and smear campaign that has been propagated on this forum by a select few about how T3 kits were marketed. Showing what a kit can do maxed out on race gas is hardly embarrassing, shameful, or misleading as it has been twisted by some much later in the game. Nobody ever claimed or insinuated that a T3 turbo will make more power than a T4. FWIW, the T4 76S version was also shown maxed out with race gas numbers. They didn't market the T4 version any differently than the T3. Back in those days (before you joined this forum), all the big shops were showcasing their big builds maxed out on race gas. Back then everyone was trying to achieve new dyno records on TT and ST kits. Bragging rights on pump gas wasn't a hot topic back then. It didn't become a popular discussion until later, and much more so when the OP started promoting his kit years later.

I do agree with you about the demographic of Z owners, particularly in the FI section of this forum. The overwhelming majority are noobish and naive sheeple who don't have a clue. For example, they'll read the inaccurate statement made above by the OP about 3.5" downpipes and figure that it's true because a sponsor/vendor said it. They won't take the time or make the effort to research old threads and see that the PL kit was able to fit a 3.5" downpipe with aftermarket headers.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 AM
jerryd87

again people talk about sasha posting incorrect information yet then post incorrect information. the turbo on my wifes escape is only a couple inchs higher then on my Z. ford has no issue putting it there. the turbos on the fiesta are only about 1.5 inchs higher. "low mount" turbos happen quite often in the oem's dont mount the turbos as high as people seem to think they do. he has sold ALOT of kits now and no one anywhere has posted damaging a turbo. having actually HAD this kit and driving i happen to know first hand the only way your going to hit the turbo on anything is if your rock crawling in your Z, then i simply ask, how the **** did you get it up the first rock? in fact after my first modification to install quick spool i had to mount one of the wastegates about 2 inchs lower then the bottom of the turbo and THAT never even saw and contact.

in fact the only thing i have ever had contact with was the open dump tube(which he designs to point to the rear of the car and i had pointed straight down) and even that only had about a inch of scrape on a 4 inch long tube.

fact is people ***** about him going off on a smear campaign but then are doing the very same thing. worse yet? the people doing it have no personal experience to say either way. if ANYONE should be trying to find deficiency's and posting them it would be me since i will soon be in competition with him in a limited aspect. ESPECIALLY when i have been BANNED for insulting vendors for ********ting. fact is i actually build stuff and comment about the quality of his work and what the kit is capable of as had hal one of the most respected builders here. which means the two of you for some reason have a bug up your ***

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Yeah.. That's the issue I have ...op talking too much and posting inaccurate comments about other turbo kits, or talk of some great achievements when in fact its been done several times already on this platform...but if anybody does it in his kit, its a sensitive issue.....and noobs simply don't know better.

I certainly wouldn't put a1000$ turbo in the place most likely to get screwed up on a lowered car....and with all the R&D of car manufacturers, nobody put it there. But its another option, and at the end of the day I applaud anybody taking the fi road.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-02-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

It's nt a smear campaign

Look at this thread

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...headers-8.html

It's. Full on BS, calling other kits dynos BS...and n00bs again don't know better....and his "evidence" is full of crap, in fact it makes me almost wonder if he even knows what he is talking like how the pulses equalize spooling a turbo, or he simply is on a smear campaign of his own proving BS out there... All his evidence shows is the more psi the more power...there no other difference there to compare, so he either doesn't know or he is just being disingenuous.

Like you said, he has no experience to talk about other kits, if he was going to do that and then jump on this thread as the victim then he is full of it.

I know hal too budy,....so what? Lol
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

bought into? how about you educate yourself and quit being a nut hugger the FACT is that what sasha markets is KNOWN along MANY platforms. go over to the turbo forums with people who ACTUALLY know turbos and tell them how great your t3 is and you will be laughed away. the FACT is the kits maxed on on race gas puts out **** numbers. literally they make what my wastegate does or less and NONE of them make the 850 i make, which i make on pump. the FACT is that what has been insinuated is that a t3 makes **** power and cant hit a number. which is 95% TRUE, the only ones doing that are mnarrative that power with very selective parts, something this community dosnt know **** about. ON TOP OF THAT the ones that DID had a **** power band and DESPITE the dyno(which dont actually mean **** just so you know)you would hardly notice the difference between the ones at 500 hp and 550 whp because they make it for a short time and the car would NEVER see that on the street or track.

im not defending sasha frankly i could care less i dont run his kit anymore i run my own setup. is his setup pretty damn easy to install? yes, does he have great customer service? damn straight, would i recommend his setup for the general z owner who dosnt care about max performance? sure why not. what i am presenting is that the limits are well known of the t3 setups across MANY platforms and the instances that counter what has been said are VERY few and far between and frankly not even worth mentioning because the turbos are so strung out. if you educated yourself on the subject instead of "but omgz this person made it this one time on race gas and was soo leet" you would know that the platforms that run t3 to make power run MASSIVE wasetgates, HUGE compressors, and 4 port boost control solenoids in order to make it work something that NO manufacturer or shop has done with the Z.

i might have only been on this site for a few years but i have been doing **** with cars for AWHILE now which is why my engine, built in a parking lot, has outlasted many of the "OG's" engines and despite people hopping into my threads about engine building and the such telling me how wrong i am has shown i actually know wtf im talking about, and its not from reading **** either, some of my knowledge might have started there but i got out there and did it and watched it happen instead of just talking about it online.
WTF? Nice emotional rant (even though you're not defending Sasha and supposedly couldn't care less ). Your reading comprehension sucks ****. LOL Nuthugging the T3? Another swing and a miss. I have aftermarket headers and a T4, which I decided on long before Sasha started selling the BP kit. Again, since you completely missed the point... the T3 was never marketed as superior to T4 and the race gas numbers were during an era in this community when shops/people were trying to one-up each other in the whp war with kits maxed out on race gas. I never said it was the right or wrong thing to do. I was just providing some historical context about the forum and the VQ market at that time, which was overlooked or dismissed because it doesn't fit certain folk's agendas to smear other ST kits. And your roid infused rant doesn't change the fact that Sasha created his own false narrative about other ST kits on the market (particularly PL) as he asserted a malicious twist on how those old race gas numbers were presented and insinuated that there was deception involved in how their kits were marketed.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-02-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Boosted Performance single turbo fabrication