Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SEXY Girl doing 500-600whp turbo build!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 AM
fly350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never ignored what was said i didnt even get a chance to think before i started getting bashed about my wife, I wanted the turbonetics kit to work but I took everyones advice and went and looked at what it took to make 525whp on the kit and agree its not going to work i would have to replace almost everthing to come close to 525whp. Thats was why i posted in the first place I wanted to hear from ppl who have ran the kit on a build block to see if it was possible. So now the plan is for her to continue and build the motor for 600whp and try to find a good deal on a GReddy twin kit, but for now sence she has it already we will run the turbonetics and try make 450whp safely untill i save the money to get a better turbo kit. I wish i had the money to build the motor and buy a twin kit at the same time but i dont and i dont want to boost on my stock block at all. Im not complaining about ppl bashing the build i was talking about bashing me and my wife for no reason. Thats why i didnt come out and say its my wifes build because the **** talking would have started right then before i get to hear from ppl that are actually trying to help. So now that thats over does anyone see anything else that she might need or not need with the build for the engine to be able to hold enough boost for 600whp

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wait until you have the right kit to throw the built motor in. What you plan on doing makes no sense. Again, those that ask for advice and choose to ignore it for any reason, will get no love here.

Nothing you can say can justify a built motor + TN setup.

I like how this started at 600whp, then 500whp now 450whp.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:26 AM
fly350z

Default edited

I never ignored what was said i didnt even get a chance to think before i started getting bashed about my wife, I wanted the turbonetics kit to work but I took everyones advice and went and looked at what it took to make 525whp on the kit and agree its not going to work i would have to replace almost everthing to come close to 525whp. Thats was why i posted in the first place I wanted to hear from ppl who have ran the kit on a build block to see if it was possible. So now the plan is for her to continue and build the motor for 600whp and try to find a good deal on a GReddy twin kit, but for now sence she has it already we will run the turbonetics and try make 450whp safely untill i save the money to get a better turbo kit. I wish i had the money to build the motor and buy a twin kit at the same time but i dont and i dont want to boost on my stock block at all. Im not complaining about ppl bashing the build i was talking about bashing me and my wife for no reason. Thats why i didnt come out and say its my wifes build because the **** talking would have started right then before i get to hear from ppl that are actually trying to help. So now that thats over does anyone see anything else that she might need or not need with the build for the engine to be able to hold enough boost for 600whp
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 AM
fly350z

my logic behind it is that it cost about 5k to build the engine and about 5k to buy a good used greddy twin kit so i would prefer to build the block and use what she has now and make 450whp and know its not going to blow up than buy the greddy kit and try boosting on my stock block with 120k miles on it to make 380whp and it lasting a month

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 AM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Honestly 95% of the time when military wives are talking to guys about going and partying while there husbands are deployed its because they are *****. Ace might have gone a bit to far with it but in most cases its true seen it way too much in my own company and rank dint matter either. If you trust her and believe her then who cares. I can tell you this thread turned into a troll thread because the info is readily available with the search function and yah coulda seen that 500 is going to be sketchy at best and require reworking the kit making it more expensive then say a new bp kit or used of one of the other decent kits. Threads derail like this not because of money but because members get tired of answering the same questions every couple days and then even when they do answer there advice is ignored.

With that said myself and the jason guy on facebook gave her solid advice up to you guys if you take it
Originally Posted by fly350z
Well me and Her have seen enough, I now see why my350z has the rep it has, there is no room here for the average person who cant afford all the things you big shots can, I came here to get her some help and knowlage from the Z community so she could do this build while im away risking my life fighting for your right to sit at home and bash me and call my wife a **** on the internet. Here i cant get advice from the good ppl for all the sh*t talkers posting bull that has nothing to do with this thread. She was excited to make her own profile on here and get into the My350z family but now she wants nothing to do with it and will now make it her point to let her fans and everyone know how yall treated her and I. We will continue to do the build to the best that we can afford and continue to get the amazing help and love that the other forums have shown...
Old 02-28-2013, 07:45 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my logic behind it is that it cost about 5k to build the engine and about 5k to buy a good used greddy twin kit so i would prefer to build the block and use what she has now and make 450whp and know its not going to blow up than buy the greddy kit and try boosting on my stock block with 120k miles on it to make 380whp and it lasting a month
not sure where the f!ck your building your motor at but it should no where near cost 5k unless your having the shop pull it and reinstall it for that price. and if you cant afford doing it correctly dont do it at all. your going to break something and be out a driving car and your going to be just like every other dreamer thread who gets in over theyre head. and typically buying used kits tend to be more than just getting a new one. look at supraturboman's thread that **** turned into a giant headache. you want advice you now have it from multiple people. theres a reason people avoid coming on here its not for the faint of heart. to have a solid reliable good power build you need a matching pocketbook. its expensive and doesnt yield very good results. welcome to the VQ platform
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Op these guys know what they are talking about and they are trying to give you sound advice. You kinda have to have a thick skin posting in the FI section. Back a few years ago this section would've quickly disposed of you, but they are being helpful, if you 'listen' and read.

Oh and take my advice with a grain of salt. I was in the AF back in the mid 90's and I have seen/dealt with friends crazy wives. Most of them got in trouble (aka fawked up their military career) because of the actions of said crazy wives. Good luck on your enlistment!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

380 isn't really a time bomb unless its a shitty tune people run 400 all day on stock blocks. What about the other stuff like a clutch? Is that 5k to pay someone else to do it? If you have figured and priced for 10k then expect 13k or more.

Just for the engine figure 2k for z1 rebuild kit with l19 studs, since engines apart highly recommend billet girdle and cosworth oil control baffle so like $450 more there, $300-400 for dynosty or hks hg, $300-400 for ati or fluidamper crank pulley. She mentioned headers so $300-600 there going with cheap ones, clutch gona need something beefy southbend 6 puck is gona be one of cheapest options that holds for $1k with flywheel. So right there is $4350-4750 and havnt even touched the fuel system, turbo kit, or wheels and tires to actually hold the power depending what is on there not, def gona need to ditch the stretched bs. 10k is the budget for stock block power, going for more you need to adjust I would plan 15-17k
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Yea I really think this is a troll thread, there are so many posts where this guy can get actual facts and he hasn't read one.

Btw bud, everyone in the military thinks there wife is different until they catch them rolled up in bed with their best friend because they were "lonely" while you were deployed. Girls just want the D. Happens ALL the time and no one ever learns not to get married while their in lolol.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM
fly350z

I agree that alot of military wives are ***** if they are talking about partying with other guys while there husbands are away but thats what was getting at me she wasnt doing that, the modball rally isnt till aug and ill be back by then and i would go with her. she never goes to events alone if i cant go then our best friend goes with her. As far as the 5k for the motor im talking everything block,clutch,fuel system,cooling.....I belive its going to work out fine but if not what makes you think that its not a good idea to build the motor for boost first?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Alberto
Wait until you have the right kit to throw the built motor in. What you plan on doing makes no sense. Again, those that ask for advice and choose to ignore it for any reason, will get no love here.

Nothing you can say can justify a built motor + TN setup.

I like how this started at 600whp, then 500whp now 450whp.
It seems he's intent on boosting NOW rather than selling the TN kit, saving up, and WAITING to do it right.

OP, tell your "wife" to wait until you have a better turbo kit. What's the damn rush?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:12 AM
fly350z

Now this is the tread we were looking for I read everything yall say but im trying to find out what we want to do just cause i dont agree emmediatly doesnt mean we wont consider what was said. Yes i do want to boost now but also I am wanting to make this a two part build now that i know my first plan was doomed from the start.

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:13 AM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree that alot of military wives are ***** if they are talking about partying with other guys while there husbands are away but thats what was getting at me she wasnt doing that, the modball rally isnt till aug and ill be back by then and i would go with her. she never goes to events alone if i cant go then our best friend goes with her. As far as the 5k for the motor im talking everything block,clutch,fuel system,cooling.....I belive its going to work out fine but if not what makes you think that its not a good idea to build the motor for boost first?
All they are pretty much telling you to do is wait. Why build on the turbonetics when you can just sell it and go straight to a reliable kit. There is no reason to rush. When you rush things, they get f'd up. Take your time with this. It's A LOT of money to be investing into something. Take a step back and just think about everything.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 AM
fly350z

I guess what im failing to understand is why the turbonetics kit would be unsafe to use temporarily on the built motor

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

what im failing to understand is why the turbonetics kit would be unsafe to use temporarily on the built motor

What I'm failing to understand is why you insist on wasting the time and money to install 2 turbo kits instead of waiting to do it right the first time if budget is such a concern.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

What I'm failing to understand is why you insist on wasting the time and money to install 2 turbo kits instead of waiting to do it right the first time if budget is such a concern.
Because pimp racecar.
Roughly what turbonetics kits do to 350zs:

Make sure you use proper pre turbo injection for maximum turbo efficiency.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM
fly350z

I really dont want to go another summer without boost, I mean i know the TN kit has its issues but its like you are talking about it blowing the built motor, and i dont have any labor cost to install the stuff cause me, my wife and my best friend who is a master tech mechanic can do the labor

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dont want to go another summer without boost, I mean i know the TN kit has its issues but its like you are talking about it blowing the built motor, and i dont have any labor cost to install the stuff
thats exactly what we are talking about
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I really dont want to go another summer without boost, I mean i know the TN kit has its issues but its like you are talking about it blowing the built motor, and i dont have any labor cost to install the stuff cause me, my wife and my best friend who is a master tech mechanic can do the labor
It's happened to a few people in this very thread, the people who are telling you not to use it.

Go figure. The advice is based off of real world experience.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM
fly350z

ill look into it, I do know there are alot of people using the TN kit on the stock block with no issues when tuned right so i would think a built block would be able to handle it even better as long as it was tuned right.

Quick Reply: SEXY Girl doing 500-600whp turbo build!!!