Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 02:30 AM
grimm66

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with others when they say this kit looks nice but for $10k seems a bit much for this car given the age and actual value of it. I'm sure a few people will still buy it but but when most people now can buy this car for around $8k it just doesn't seem like this kit will be a big hit. Now compare the cost of AAM to other kits out there (yes I know these are different cars). I don't understand why this AAM tuner kits cost more then other kits. Price the kit like the following and it will be more reasonable to others since they could do an LS swap around the same price.

$7199 (Tuner kit)
http://www.camaro5racing.com/hetwtukit220.html

$8495 (Complete with tuner and and tune)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/hellio...it-1114gt.html

$6995 (Tuner kit)
http://www.highhorseperformance.com/..._p/helhemi.htm

$7959 (Tuner kit)
http://www.corvettegarage.com/produc...5-and-z06.html
Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by grimm66
I agree with others when they say this kit looks nice but for $10k seems a bit much for this car given the age and actual value of it. I'm sure a few people will still buy it but but when most people now can buy this car for around $8k it just doesn't seem like this kit will be a big hit. Now compare the cost of AAM to other kits out there (yes I know these are different cars). I don't understand why this AAM tuner kits cost more then other kits. Price the kit like the following and it will be more reasonable to others since they could do an LS swap around the same price.

$7199 (Tuner kit)
http://www.camaro5racing.com/hetwtukit220.html

$8495 (Complete with tuner and and tune)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/hellio...it-1114gt.html

$6995 (Tuner kit)
http://www.highhorseperformance.com/..._p/helhemi.htm

$7959 (Tuner kit)
http://www.corvettegarage.com/produc...5-and-z06.html
grimm66

I appreciate you taking the time to do price comparisons on our new Twin Turbocharger System. I always encourage people to take a look at all of the offerings on the market before making their decision. When deciding on what turbocharger system to install on your prized vehicle it is important to look at the big picture and not have the initial investment be the only deciding factor. We believe our kits provides extra value and will ultimately cost less in the long run.

Compared to the kits you pointed out our new Twin Turbocharger System has several key advantages that we believe set it apart:

• Some of those kits will need additional components further increasing the price. For example, the Vette kit comes out well over $9,000 once you add in popular options which are already included in ours.
• Most of the other kits do not have cast manifolds, none offer stainless cast manifolds like we are offering. There is a significant price different in manufacturing a quality manifold vs. a budget manifold. All of our components are top quality materials, not budget materials.
• The kits listed come with different brand Turbochargers. We decided to utilize the advanced technology of the BorgWarner EFR Turbochargers because they are superior to the majority of turbochargers offered in other kits. Superior products generally come with a higher price tag and the EFR's are on the high end of turbocharger price.
• Compared to other twin turbo kit offerings for the Z and G our system was designed to have a true OEM style fitment. Because we offer a true OEM style fitment turbocharger system the amount of labor/hours you will be spending installing our kit vs. other options will be drastically less, saving you more over the entire build cost. We estimate that our system takes around 8-10 hours to install once the engine has been removed. We have installed other kits which take double that. When you start taking labor hours at between $50-120+/hour into consideration it makes a significant difference on the "total" cost. There is a reason we spent 2+ years designing this kit. Retaining factory equipment such as the crash bar and not having to fabricate, remove, or relocate other OEM parts were major design considerations for us.

When we decided to enter the Forced Induction market for the Z and G community we didn't want to release a budget kit similar to what is already available, we wanted to release a superior system. So our intention is not to have a budget turbocharger kit, instead our goal is to manufacture the #1 Forced Induction option for the Z and G community.

We are also proud that when our customers are ready for say a built motor our turbocharger kit will accommodate most builds without having to change out the turbocharger system or major components of the kit. You will not have to upgrade the turbocharger systems intercooler piping, downpipes, manifolds, EFR turbochargers everything was designed to support much more power down the road without having to change any of those major components.

We understand that there are less expensive options out there and this turbocharger system may not be for everybody. But for the people who want the best twin turbocharger system available, this is the best designed and most thorough kit.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Zume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are the components going to be made...USA?

For the price this IMO is silly cheap if it is actually what is represented in the pretty pictures.

One of the lessons I've learned in my re-do is appearances can be deceptive. For example my HKS exhaust is beautiful and well engineered but poorly manufactured and has serious flaws....

Every time I work on the car I find more "stuff" (crap/work/design) that amazes me....

Likewise with many of the shops.....the prettiest and most glamorous turned out to be (bubble shops) smoke and mirrors...
Old 08-11-2014, 09:28 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Zume
Where are the components going to be made...USA?

For the price this IMO is silly cheap if it is actually what is represented in the pretty pictures.

One of the lessons I've learned in my re-do is appearances can be deceptive. For example my HKS exhaust is beautiful and well engineered but poorly manufactured and has serious flaws....

Every time I work on the car I find more "stuff" (crap/work/design) that amazes me....

Likewise with many of the shops.....the prettiest and most glamorous turned out to be (bubble shops) smoke and mirrors...
AAM Competition takes great pride in manufacturing products that are proudly made in the USA. Our 17,000 sq/ft facility contains state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment such as CNC machining stations, Mandrel Pipe bending stations, and a full fabrication and metal working facility which means we can handle the majority of all production in house. Whenever possible we utilize American companies to source all of the components but there is the occasional part which is obtained overseas. For example the BorgWarner Turbochargers are manufactured in North Carolina while our silicone couplers and silicone lines are in fact from abroad. The concept, R&D, development, and prototyping of our products is done 100% in house. And then the kits are 100% fabricated, assembled, and finished under our roof and go through a strenuous quality process before they are given the green light ensuring all is perfect.

Through our development we were able to identify shortcomings on other forced induction system components and took every detail into consideration when designing our own kits. We are confident that not only will the AAM Competition Twin Turbocharger Systems be stunning to look at, but will also be backed by quality materials, superior workmanship and unparalleled performance. All of our components come with a manufacturer's guarantee AND we will also be offering a full 12,000 mile engine warranty package (releasing these installed packages soon) which should tell you that we are standing behind our Turbo Systems with American Pride!

While AAM Competition may be a new Twin Turbocharger System manufacturer to the Z and G community, our turbocharger reputation is second to none on our own developed and manufactured GT-R Turbocharger line which exemplifies a quality made, dependable, and reliable system. We plan on maintaining our perfect Turbocharger reputation earned in the GT-R community in the Z and G community as well.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:44 AM
Zume

This sounds excellent.

The problem I have with 0 modification to the OEM car setup is there are a few areas where some custom work makes a huge difference in fitment and space considerations.

-The PS HP pipe that comes out of the top of the pump and turns 180°...this is really in the way.

- The air inlet hoses hooking up to the compressor inlet...very tight.

- The coolant needs to run up the V with HR type "High" fill port. This also solves the air bleed problem.

- The IC fitment & crash bar can be a real PITA.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:36 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

About time for a nice update huh.

We had another 350Z R & D customer pick up their vehicle yesterday. Things are progressing well.

I will be posting his dyno results over the next few days but one very positive indication of the turbocharger system is after picking up his vehicle he drove it 10+ hours back home with 0 issues. Not a bad durability test right off the bat!

Dyno results coming shortly. I'm available to answer any questions you may have in the meantime.

Still need a G35, G35 Sedan (and X) and HR in for R & D if anybody is interested.

Edit: We have another 350 finishing up soon and I want to post both results at the same time so you have some comparison between vehicles.

Last edited by sales@aamcomp; 09-19-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:46 PM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't wait to see some numbers even if it's a DE...
Old 09-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Klinger350Z

First some basic info:
2005 Touring 5AT with 80k miles

Engine mods:
5/16 plenum spacer
AAM TT system
AAM Valve Body upgrade
AAM High Flow cats
AAM 3” True Duel exhaust
6psi on BOV

Baseline with no mods, straight stock vs. after mods.
more tweaking will follow
Attached Thumbnails ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****-baseline.jpg   ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****-aftertt.jpg  

Last edited by Klinger350Z; 09-18-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:22 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Klinger350Z
First some basic info:

Engine mods:
5/16 plenum spacer
AAM TT system
AAM Valve Body upgrade
AAM High Flow cats
AAM 3” True Duel exhaust
6psi on BOV

Thanks Chris, beat me to posting your results!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Drako_MDx

First some basic info:

Engine mods:
5/16 plenum spacer
AAM TT system
AAM Valve Body upgrade
AAM High Flow cats
AAM 3” True Duel exhaust
6psi on BOV

In the After TT chart... Who's numbers are those on the stock runs cuz they don't match your pervious numbers.

I'm hoping you meant 6psi on the Wastegate.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Klinger350Z

It looks like AAM added the ‘stock’ power curve based on Nissans numbers for comparison. My actual baseline is the graph on the left.

In my mind BOV and wasetgate are interchangeable, probably incorrect.
Technically the EFR turbochargers have an integrated boost control solenoid valve (BCSV) and wastegate actuators. I do not have any boost control device so I’m not using the boost control solenoid and I requested the AAM installer to configure the wastegate actuators to 6 PSI. I did this knowing this is essentially the lowest ‘setting’. I wanted to feel that increase before setting it higher and adding more stress to my stock DE. But if I wanted more boost, the actuator in my turbos will go up to 13psi, before needing a different actuator for more boost. There are three different actuators for different boost ranges. 5 - 10(no more than 13) is the lowest actuator range.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Drako_MDx

It looks like AAM added the ‘stock’ power curve based on Nissans numbers for comparison. My actual baseline is the graph on the left.

In my mind BOV and wasetgate are interchangeable, probably incorrect.
Technically the EFR turbochargers have an integrated boost control solenoid valve (BCSV) and wastegate actuators. I do not have any boost control device so I’m not using the boost control solenoid and I requested the AAM installer to configure the wastegate actuators to 6 PSI. I did this knowing this is essentially the lowest ‘setting’. I wanted to feel that increase before setting it higher and adding more stress to my stock DE. But if I wanted more boost, the actuator in my turbos will go up to 13psi, before needing a different actuator for more boost. There are three different actuators for different boost ranges. 5 - 10(no more than 13) is the lowest actuator range.
May I suggest you get yourself a EBC unless you're running a standalone like Haltech which can control boost through a solenoid.

Apart from letting you change boost on the fly they are great for fine tuning the delivery of said boost. They're also good at spooling your turbo quicker when the preload is set properly.

Last edited by Drako_MDx; 09-20-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:00 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Presale Announced

AAM Competition BorgWarner Twin Turbocharger System Presale Announced

AAM Competition is pleased to announce the presale of our new BorgWarner Twin Turbocharger System for the Nissan 350Z. With the help of our supporting dealers and R & D customers, we have finalized the Turbocharger System and will begin production of all necessary components immediately.

AAM Competition understands that the success of our new Twin Turbocharger System depends on the support of this very community and the dealers associated with it, which is why we are offering an exclusive presale on the Nissan 350Z kits to members of "MY350Z.com" (will be offering a Nissan 370Z presale on another forum).

Presale applications will be fulfilled in the order they are received. We intend to start shipping early signups within the next few weeks with all presale orders being shipped by December 5th. A minimum deposit is required for all presale reservations (see presale application) and incentives are provided for those of you who want to pay in full. All of these details are provided in the presale link below.

Click Here To Access The Presale Application

We look forward to providing this community with a reliable, durable, and powerful forced induction option for the Nissan 350Z. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Last edited by sales@aamcomp; 10-17-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:28 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Special Pricing Promotion

Hey Everyone - Just wanted to point out a great deal we are currently running on all AAM Branded products INCLUDING our new Twin Turbocharger System.

For the Turbocharger system the discount applies to the current sale price of $9,995.00 which brings the total down to $8329.85, a savings of $2,000+ over MSRP pricing of $10,499.

All I would need is a deposit to reserve your special promotional pricing.

email me at maxw@aamcompetition.com or give us a call!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

any installed pics?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cux350z
any installed pics?
Here are some below (and maybe some of our other 350 TT customers can chime in here and provide some pictures)

Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

here is another customer's finished 350 build:
Old 10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
vtchang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Max@AAMComp
Hey Everyone - Just wanted to point out a great deal we are currently running on all AAM Branded products INCLUDING our new Twin Turbocharger System.

For the Turbocharger system the discount applies to the current sale price of $9,995.00 which brings the total down to $8329.85, a savings of $2,000+ over MSRP pricing of $10,499.

All I would need is a deposit to reserve your special promotional pricing.

email me at maxw@aamcompetition.com or give us a call!

8.3k installed and tuned?
Old 10-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Klinger350Z

You don't see anything when its done. You need to look at it during the build.
Attached Thumbnails ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****-5.-turbos-installed.jpg   ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****-6.-engine-back-in.jpg   ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****-5c.-next-step.jpg  
Old 11-01-2014, 02:04 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like the top end tank on the FMIC could use some outlet tweaking so it doesnt bend that coupler so much.

manifolds do look nice.

Quick Reply: ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****