Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New turbo system supporting mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:36 PM
spooncer_DK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New turbo system supporting mods

So I developed my own turbo system that can pretty much make as much boost as i want. My real question is, what supporting mods do i NEED for this. It'd be cool if it could support up to 800 hp but i think that might be a bit unrealistic. I already upgraded the trans, diff, drive shaft, and all that good stuff. I just want to know what engine mods i need (mostly valve-train and fuel systems) thanks in advance
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 PM
steven350

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Plenty of threads related to this topic, browse around for a while..
Old 09-17-2014, 08:33 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Anything over about 8psi and your gonna need to completely build your motor. Fuel system upgrades are a must, drivetrain as well. There are many threads dedicated to this subject.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by blue350zed
Anything over about 8psi and your gonna need to completely build your motor. Fuel system upgrades are a must, drivetrain as well. There are many threads dedicated to this subject.
^^ just bottom end... and since its relative to size of turbo... wont psi but rather if you go over ~400whp
Old 09-18-2014, 05:46 AM
spooncer_DK

I heard that the crank is good and can support a large amount of hp, is this true or nah? Yeah I just pulled my engine yesterday and I wanted to make sure I bought all the right parts
Old 09-18-2014, 05:58 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by spooncer_DK
is there a good way to put in a 4 or 5 point race harness w/out a roll cage or harness bar? if nah, whats a good harness bar that isnt too expensive and doesnt require too much interior modification?
im ok with dangerous. I just want a racing harness in my car

Kind of hard to take this thread serious...
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 AM
spooncer_DK

It was a serious q but I didn't get serious answers so u didn't give serious replies. The whole I'm ok with dangerous was supposed to be a joke

Just help a Bro out

Last edited by SR71; 09-19-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Learn to multi-quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:13 AM
turboed350z

So I want to know what nitrous kit i should get. I definitely want a wet system but which is best for the 350z? its a 2003 and im currently working on the engine. The max shot i"d use would be 200 (i'd probably just have a 100 in there most of the time), would getting better connecting rods be enough for the engine to keep it safe? any help would be great
So I developed my own turbo system that can pretty much make as much boost as i want. My real question is, what supporting mods do i NEED for this. It'd be cool if it could support up to 800 hp but i think that might be a bit unrealistic. I already upgraded the trans, diff, drive shaft, and all that good stuff. I just want to know what engine mods i need (mostly valve-train and fuel systems) thanks in advance
Want to know the " best nos kit" yet manage to "develope own turbo that can produce as much boost as I want"

But that's none of my business...

Just help a Bro out
I would love to "help a bro out" but if said "bro" can't afford an actual roll cage to run a harness, I doubt said bro has money for a proper turbo build. I would hate to see a lawsuit from said "bro" claiming his car was ruined due to my advice, when said "bro" half *** his built.

Last edited by SR71; 09-19-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

when OP said 800hp I automatically assumed (my bad) that he was built/sleeved ... reality will kick this kids *** one day...
Old 09-18-2014, 09:14 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by bealljk
when OP said 800hp I automatically assumed (my bad) that he was built/sleeved ... reality will kick this kids *** one day...
Reality can kick this kid all it wants, but stupid people (by no mean am I calling the op stupid) never learns. Sometimes it takes several server *** whooping to pound the lesson into their head.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

uh oh Sasha. Looks like you have some competition!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:09 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

Pics of said custom turbo kit. Specifically your 110v gasless welds please
Old 09-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Drako_MDx

Hey guys I'm also interested in this.

I have a custom made Twin Turbo setup I ark welded myself and need to know what parts to buy to support my custom setup.

I'm running twin PT6766 with a 4 stage 400 shot of NOZ. Looking to make way over +1500whp.

Can you guys tell me what parts to buy so I can build my engine?

I want to do this on 87 octaine cuz the 93 is getting too expensive. Will I be able to tune this with my AFC Neo?

Thanks Guys...

Last edited by Drako_MDx; 09-18-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:59 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by Drako_MDx
Hey guys I'm also interested in this.

I have a custom made Twin Turbo setup I ark welded myself and need to know what parts to buy to support my custom setup.

I'm running twin PT6766 with a 4 stage 400 shot of NOZ. Looking to make way over +1500whp.

Can you guys tell me what parts to buy so I can build my engine?

I want to do this on 87 octaine cuz the 93 is getting too expensive. Will I be able to tune this with my AFC Neo?

Thanks Guys...
The best way is to not make more power, but to lighten your load. Look at some weight reduction mods. Those heavy doors? Can't take those off, need them for air flow. so instead, replace the heavy factory doors with one made of cardboard. Your brakes? Ditch them. You're looking to go fast, not stop. And every weight counts. So ditch the steering wheel too. 99% of street races are straightline anyways.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:24 PM
spooncer_DK

Where is all this hostility coming from? Why does it matter what someone has or hasnt done. For example I want to know if putting sleeves in the engine is necessary. And to answer your criticism about my nos question, a question takes about a minute to post so that automatically means i'm physically unable to do anything else to make power?
Want to know the " best nos kit" yet manage to "develope own turbo that can produce as much boost as I want"

But that's none of my business...
i was simply exploring a possible other option

Now im going to find a better forum that will actually help a fellow car enthusiast instead of criticizing their every word

Last edited by SR71; 09-19-2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Learn to multi-quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:47 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Now im going to find a better forum that will actually help a fellow car enthusiast instead of criticizing their every word
Bye have great time

In all seriousness, there is a wealth of knowledge posted on this forum. Search around and I'm sure you can find the information you need from previous people's builds
Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Drako_MDx

Originally Posted by turboed350z
The best way is to not make more power, but to lighten your load. Look at some weight reduction mods. Those heavy doors? Can't take those off, need them for air flow. so instead, replace the heavy factory doors with one made of cardboard. Your brakes? Ditch them. You're looking to go fast, not stop. And every weight counts. So ditch the steering wheel too. 99% of street races are straightline anyways.
I'm going to try this but instead of cardboard...

Balsa wood to create the door frame and rice paper lining.

Thanks Bro... might even get rid of roll cage cuz it's not like I'm going to rock crawl my whip... this should further decease weight.

Can I sleeve my cylinders with aluminum foil?

I heard if I trade my DE for an HR I won't even have to build the engine for my power goal... it this true?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:19 PM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Where is all this hostility coming from? Why does it matter what someone has or hasnt done. For example I want to know if putting sleeves in the engine is necessary. And to answer your criticism about my nos question, a question takes about a minute to post so that automatically means i'm physically unable to do anything else to make power? i was simply exploring a possible other option
No one's being hostile, but ask dumb questions get dumb answers as you've said yourself in your own previous post. Also its not about asking the question but rather the question asked. If you cant research about nitrous yourself and at least get a baseline knowledge how would anyone take your massive turbo build seriously?

Also just curious, you mention building the trans, strengthening rear diff and driveshaft. What exactly did this "build" consist of?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Jaxter

A minimum of 4 electric turbos should meet your power goals. Be sure and run them in series. I ran mine in parallel and it spooled too quick and I couldn't get traction on my heckaflush 335s. To avoid parasitic losses I ran mine on 100% solar panels and then shimmed the rear for downforce. Lastly fill your tires with helium to reduce unsprung weight.

(Sorry, I wanted to play too)

Last edited by Jaxter; 09-18-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:10 PM
spooncer_DK

I think almost everyone is hostile here

and btw my turbo is capable of making 20+ pounds of boost... but thats none of my business

Last edited by SR71; 09-19-2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Learn to multi-quote

Quick Reply: New turbo system supporting mods