Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default mani's

Tim at Speed Force Racing is a master fabricator, albeit a little slow...he states that he can fab up what you need.....his fabrication skills are flawless...almost everything under my hood and trunk has been fabbed by him...getting him to do it is the problem, but call and ask.
Attached Thumbnails Greddy Manifolds-engine-bay-passenger-side-unpainted.jpg   Greddy Manifolds-water-methanol-battery-trunk-box-3.jpg   Greddy Manifolds-gold-cans-mounted.jpg   Greddy Manifolds-roll-bar-painted-front-view.jpg   Greddy Manifolds-small-cans-close-up-inpainted.jpg  

Old 06-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I actually have a set being made right now. My initial set should be ready by mid July. If anyone is interested in a set for themself, let me know.

Jeremiah
Old 06-23-2015, 06:36 AM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Total D
I actually have a set being made right now. My initial set should be ready by mid July. If anyone is interested in a set for themself, let me know.

Jeremiah
whos making yours? any pics of the progress?
Old 06-23-2015, 06:37 AM
T-dizee

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
Tim at Speed Force Racing is a master fabricator, albeit a little slow...he states that he can fab up what you need.....his fabrication skills are flawless...almost everything under my hood and trunk has been fabbed by him...getting him to do it is the problem, but call and ask.
im also interested in the manifolds as well. im picking up a used kit today.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

As long as the manifolds are not touching the side of the vehicle and you have flex pipes on I think they will last. The heating and cooling will def. play a big role. I pulled the engine for my install, how difficult is it to swap them out in the vehicle?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:54 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Tim at SFR can make tubular headers in 321 stainless, much stronger than 304 at the temperatures the manifolds will see.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

This isn't a for sale post just yet. Just trying to get an idea and also let you know what I'm working on.

So, some of you know or will now know, I've taken on the project of developing a replacement for the GReddy manifolds. We know they are prone to cracking, even my set has done this.

A little about the manifolds in question.

Billet header flange

Precision cut wastegate and turbo flanges

Thick wall stainless steel construction

Braced for extra support

All new hardware ( manifold studs with 12pt heads, wastegate bolts, studs and nuts for turbo)

New gaskets for all flanges

Additional options: +$$

Vband wastegate instead of two bolt Tial flange

Hi-temp coating

Exhaust wrap(DEI Titanium)

Pricing is to be determined. Once I have the first set ready. However, first run will be done by the end of the month(July) tentatively.

Pricing for the GReddy manifolds are going for $800, from what I've been told, you can no longer buy these anymore ( Someone correct me if I'm wrong). These manifolds will be quite a bit more, but you'll have the peace of mind that you'll have a set manifolds that will be designed to keep the cracks from happening.

If you are or know anyone interested in this option let them know. If they are not apart of this group, feel free to pass the word as I'll greatly appreciate it.

My goal is really to get people that have the greddy kits back on the road with a great manifold. That way they don't have to worry about the cracking issue and can be out having fun with their car.

Look forward to seeing some resurrection of some builds, if the manifolds have been the issue some of the builds that have taken a halt.

There will be a deposit needed to hold your place for the manifold set. Right now I'll be working on 10 sets and 5 sets are already spoken for. So, if your seriously interested, please let me know here or message me.

Thanks for your guys time
Jeremiah
Old 07-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

nice. Thinking 12-1600?
Old 07-07-2015, 09:15 AM
T-dizee

Originally Posted by Total D
This isn't a for sale post just yet. Just trying to get an idea and also let you know what I'm working on.

So, some of you know or will now know, I've taken on the project of developing a replacement for the GReddy manifolds. We know they are prone to cracking, even my set has done this.

A little about the manifolds in question.

Billet header flange

Precision cut wastegate and turbo flanges

Thick wall stainless steel construction

Braced for extra support

All new hardware ( manifold studs with 12pt heads, wastegate bolts, studs and nuts for turbo)

New gaskets for all flanges

Additional options: +$$

Vband wastegate instead of two bolt Tial flange

Hi-temp coating

Exhaust wrap(DEI Titanium)

Pricing is to be determined. Once I have the first set ready. However, first run will be done by the end of the month(July) tentatively.

Pricing for the GReddy manifolds are going for $800, from what I've been told, you can no longer buy these anymore ( Someone correct me if I'm wrong). These manifolds will be quite a bit more, but you'll have the peace of mind that you'll have a set manifolds that will be designed to keep the cracks from happening.

If you are or know anyone interested in this option let them know. If they are not apart of this group, feel free to pass the word as I'll greatly appreciate it.

My goal is really to get people that have the greddy kits back on the road with a great manifold. That way they don't have to worry about the cracking issue and can be out having fun with their car.

Look forward to seeing some resurrection of some builds, if the manifolds have been the issue some of the builds that have taken a halt.

There will be a deposit needed to hold your place for the manifold set. Right now I'll be working on 10 sets and 5 sets are already spoken for. So, if your seriously interested, please let me know here or message me.

Thanks for your guys time
Jeremiah
Right on man, cant wait to see the results! Glad to see someone step up to the plate without having to have a serious high demand to make it happen! Cause I do not want to find out how long my cast ones are going to really last haha! Good looking out for the few that have the kits...
Old 07-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Escobar

There are more than a few with GReddy kits!! ^^
Old 07-29-2015, 07:56 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by blackasscls
The set I got were off a show car with allegedly less than 1000k miles on them. Pass side was cracked and repaired out of pocket by seller. Currently in process of installing everything but quite frankly I'm pissed, contacting greddy is a joke you can't really get parts unless you call over and over again. I ended up making my own oil feed lines since getting their fittings in the states was damn near next to impossible. Came to find out that they will be releasing a new kit for the 350 later this year with ss tubular mani's and garrett turbos as per what i was told by one of their reps.

Best advice i can give is go have some mani's custom made by a reputable shop and don't waste your money and time trying to get another set of shitty manifolds from greddy, by the time you're done with that you'll be out of the same amount of time and money to replace the already poor quality ones that cracked in the first place. That's what I'll be doing not if, but when mine crack.

As a consumer I'm pissed about the situation because its been what, 12 years? And nothing has been done about it.... i dont expect perfection but if im gonna drop thousands on something I'd hope for a lil better quality product and its a really shitty feeling knowing im putting poor quality parts on my car that will probably fail prematurely. Unfortunately i didn't do my research and its partially my fault for choosing this kit so im dealing with it. I figured greddy=quality, after seeing the manifolds i knew i screwed up considering they are the heart of this kit and they're what make the install so tedious and expensive(for those not doing it themselves).

Also for the people who say to level the manifolds so the nuts apply even pressure, save yourselves the time and just use copper washers. I was gonna try to shave them flat but realized the copper would just conform to the surface and apply even pressure. Torque what nuts you can get a socket on, starting from the middle working your way out, and the rest just do your best with a open end wrench.

/endrant

Hey there, sorry to bring this one back although it has not been that long. I can't get a hold of greddy. I'm trying to get some specs to make my own feed lines also. All I know is the banjo is a m10-1.25 but I do not know what the 1/8PT threads need for fittings on AN lines. Can you point me in the right direction? I've been searching, calling, etc. for days about this! I'm looking for some quality lines without the greddy price, not that they even answer their phones... They are still "closed" even though it is 9:54 there... Ugh.

I have every fitting and washer but just no lines to go from the tee to the banjo connections.

BTW my manifold was cracked (bought used, knew about it) and it is at a welding shop as we speak, we'll see how that goes down the road.

Thank you for the help

-Mike
Old 07-29-2015, 11:02 AM
phunk2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You will have to eliminate the Greddy banjos. They use an inverted flare and you are going to have a hell of a time finding anything to attach to them properly.

Just make your own entire line setup engine to turbo, and skip using any of the Greddy oil line parts. Get new banjos with a regular AN connection.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Escobar

yea +1 to what charles is saying ^^^ I eliminated the greddy lines as well. I ran all AN stuff that was custom made to the lengths I wanted for the route I went.
http://www.fast-turbo.com/products/T...-Line-Kit.html

call them and tell them what all you have. The guy I spoke with knew exactly what I needed. They were great quality and install was a breeze. good luck
Old 07-29-2015, 02:23 PM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Escobar
yea +1 to what charles is saying ^^^ I eliminated the greddy lines as well. I ran all AN stuff that was custom made to the lengths I wanted for the route I went.

call them and tell them what all you have. The guy I spoke with knew exactly what I needed. They were great quality and install was a breeze. good luck
Thank you both^^, they knew exactly what I needed and sent me an invoice to pay at my convenience. Can't ask for anything better!

-Mike
Old 07-31-2015, 05:29 PM
psychoballistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had enough of Greddy. After three sets of cracked manifolds and now they want me to find my sets to send the photos of, I decided enough was enough for them. Both on the z's and some other platforms we play with. I am currently building a set of tubular manifolds to place as tight and to maintain the same placement so that God forbid something happens again, they can just be re-welded in th spot. Not only will the tubular manifolds be easier to repair, it should also flow slightly better by the tubular design.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

I would suggest that you swap to solid motor mounts, double check the install of the passenger turbo (especially if you welded the first charge pipe to it) and then see if you need to brace your exhaust.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:25 AM
T-dizee

Originally Posted by yosip1115
Hey there, sorry to bring this one back although it has not been that long. I can't get a hold of greddy. I'm trying to get some specs to make my own feed lines also. All I know is the banjo is a m10-1.25 but I do not know what the 1/8PT threads need for fittings on AN lines. Can you point me in the right direction? I've been searching, calling, etc. for days about this! I'm looking for some quality lines without the greddy price, not that they even answer their phones... They are still "closed" even though it is 9:54 there... Ugh.

I have every fitting and washer but just no lines to go from the tee to the banjo connections.

BTW my manifold was cracked (bought used, knew about it) and it is at a welding shop as we speak, we'll see how that goes down the road.

Thank you for the help

-Mike
Im currently going through the same issue right now as well. Got the upgraded greddy oil lines, and i can not find the male end with M10x1.25. stupid!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:33 AM
T-dizee

Originally Posted by Escobar

Thanks for posting.