Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Looking for help with twin turbo set up. !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 09:48 AM
35reilly

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude I understand u love your sc. Been there done that. I thought that was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Trust me drive a Turbo car and I can almost guarantee you will fall in love. My motor is fully built. And built for boost so that pretty much not a concern to me. I do appreciate the the input and I'm sure vortex REALLY appreciates it. Lol. That ship has sailed for me tho. ��
Old 11-26-2015, 10:55 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 35reilly
Dude I understand u love your sc. Been there done that. I thought that was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Trust me drive a Turbo car and I can almost guarantee you will fall in love. My motor is fully built. And built for boost so that pretty much not a concern to me. I do appreciate the the input and I'm sure vortex REALLY appreciates it. Lol. That ship has sailed for me tho. ��
idk.. like i kinda agree and disagree at the same time. like yea, sure on the 350z an sc is kinda a waste of money, but on like an old nova, or charger, i would rock an sc anyday.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:35 PM
kilogram

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly as. Easy as this might sound I was looking for a little lag. My boost is instant and it pretty uncontrollable 1st through 2nd. I mean it literally is sacking the rev limiter soon as I get into it along with blowing the tires away. So yeah was looking for a little lag and not only would 20g leave me room to grow in the pwr range it give me that little buffer to allow boost to come in a little later. But then again I'm being told I really will not see the difference in that area between the 18 and 20g
If the boost is coming on too fast, get a boost controller that can do boost by gear and tune it to help with the lower gears. No sense at all making the car slower in all the other gears just so you can control 1st and 2nd better. If a computer can do it better than you can, let it.

If you really want lag, don't mess with the compressor side, open up the turbine side. You'll get more power per lb of boost through better efficiency and less turbine backpressure. The Greddy type turbine housings are easy enough to come by for all sorts of combos- TD05h 9-blade, TD06SL2, TD06, TD06h, in both 8 (what is probably what yours are) and 10cm² nozzle area.

You could go with the billet 20g wheels, but I still think they're overkill (they'll max out around 1100hp). The 20g cast wheels are garbage though. Seriously. They were designed for diesel engines, the rotor ratio (ratio of inducer to exducer) is stupid big for a turbo that small, which means they're prone to surge. They have no place on a performance car in the current market.

The billet 18gs should give you a fair amount of room to grow, as they typically flow quite a bit better than their cast counterparts due to the larger inducer throat and higher efficiency. They should be good to about 800whp, possibly more. There are several versions too. The versions with fewer blades will spool slower but flow more. More blades will spool faster but choke sooner.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:08 AM
35reilly

Originally Posted by kilogram
If the boost is coming on too fast, get a boost controller that can do boost by gear and tune it to help with the lower gears. No sense at all making the car slower in all the other gears just so you can control 1st and 2nd better. If a computer can do it better than you can, let it.

If you really want lag, don't mess with the compressor side, open up the turbine side. You'll get more power per lb of boost through better efficiency and less turbine backpressure. The Greddy type turbine housings are easy enough to come by for all sorts of combos- TD05h 9-blade, TD06SL2, TD06, TD06h, in both 8 (what is probably what yours are) and 10cm² nozzle area.

You could go with the billet 20g wheels, but I still think they're overkill (they'll max out around 1100hp). The 20g cast wheels are garbage though. Seriously. They were designed for diesel engines, the rotor ratio (ratio of inducer to exducer) is stupid big for a turbo that small, which means they're prone to
surge. They have no place on a performance car in the current market.

The billet 18gs should give you a fair amount of room to grow, as they typically flow quite a bit better than their cast counterparts due to the larger inducer throat and higher efficiency. They should be good to about 800whp, possibly more. There are several versions too. The versions with fewer blades will spool slower but flow more. More blades will spool faster but choke sooner.

Finally back on track!!! Thanks man. So yeah been digging into what you said about the 18/20g. Look man I been out of the game for almost 4yrs do to an injury. Feel like I lost all knowledge I had ( the very little i had). Well funny you should say about a boost controller cause I'm getting rid of my manual and getting new one. Never heard of these tho. What would I be looking into? Brand,model what would you suggest? Think my plan is to run the upgraded 18g billet wheel
Old 11-27-2015, 09:13 PM
kilogram

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't help ya with boost controller, I always did it through the ECU itself.

A quick google search for boost by gear controllers yields:

http://www.leashelectronics.com/Boos...gears-BLGB.htm

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/e-boost-2

https://sirhclabs.com/product/cortex-ebc/
Old 11-28-2015, 03:01 AM
35reilly

Unhappy

Originally Posted by kilogram
Can't help ya with boost controller, I always did it through the ECU itself.

A quick google search for boost by gear controllers yields:

http://www.leashelectronics.com/Boos...gears-BLGB.htm

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/e-boost-2

https://sirhclabs.com/product/cortex-ebc/
Sry for myself being so uneducated but you did through the Ecu? So your saying like a stand alone? I was gonna switch and run a haltech but idk after all that has popped up. Eventually I will but I think for Rt now I just gotta stick w the up rev
Old 11-28-2015, 03:31 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

get a haltech and run the boost controller though it. The stand alone lets you do boot by gear. You are still limited by your wastegate spring
Old 11-28-2015, 04:07 AM
35reilly

Wink

Originally Posted by Cux350z
get a haltech and run the boost controller though it. The stand alone lets you do boot by gear. You are still limited by your wastegate spring
Thanks man. Yeah that's what I thought. Have to start saving my changes. Lol
Old 11-29-2015, 10:05 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_VQ
You'll find peace of mind with a supercharger setup.
stfu asshat, sc users can't afford turbos, hence why they go the cheaper route
Old 11-30-2015, 02:33 PM
SoCal_VQ

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
stfu asshat, sc users can't afford turbos, hence why they go the cheaper route
If I drove a piece of shyt beat to shyt salvaged title 150k mile z like you I would turbo it and not worry about blowing it either. You probably have a eBay kit on your car 😂😂😂
Old 11-30-2015, 02:44 PM
turboed350z

If I drove a piece of shyt beat to shyt salvaged title 150k mile z like you I would turbo it and not worry about blowing it either. You probably have a eBay kit on your car 😂😂😂
that moment where the tires on his car alone cost more than your sc kit....
Old 11-30-2015, 03:34 PM
SoCal_VQ

Originally Posted by turboed350z
That moment when you realize my car will resell for way more than your junked Frankenstein salvaged shyt...
Old 11-30-2015, 03:53 PM
35reilly

Ok ok. My ahit will smoke all your so whatever
Old 11-30-2015, 04:00 PM
turboed350z

Ok ok. My ahit will smoke all your so whatever
and you got 4 doors for more whor....female companions....
Old 11-30-2015, 04:01 PM
turboed350z

That moment when you realize my car will resell for way more than your junked Frankenstein salvaged shyt...
moment when youre poor but trying to enter a pissing contest with people who has more than you.... resale??? i never considered resale.... BECAUSE I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD MY STUFF.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:38 PM
travlee
Master

bish please, i guess you can't read... i had a 08 with full boltons, between my diff and exhaust was over 3k

Originally Posted by turboed350z
$2200 for full set, but socal douche can't read, my sis shows my car clearly
Old 11-30-2015, 05:07 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by travlee
bish please, i guess you can't read... i had a 08 with full boltons, between my diff and exhaust was over 3k

$2200 for full set, but socal douche can't read, my sis shows my car clearly

Your "sis" shows your car? Is she hot?
Old 11-30-2015, 05:08 PM
SoCal_VQ

Shouldn't you lil white boys be on the Mustang and Chevy forums?! What are you doing modding imports anyways? 😂😂😂😂
Old 11-30-2015, 05:15 PM
travlee
Master

i am on the corvette forum, and i got your little boy hanging.

haha, oops on typo
Old 11-30-2015, 05:22 PM
turboed350z

Shouldn't you lil white boys be on the Mustang and Chevy forums?! What are you doing modding imports anyways? 😂😂😂😂
i bet youre one of those little fanboys that knows nothing about cars, cant do an oil change, and thinks hes a car guy cause mommy let him gassed up the car once.

Quick Reply: Looking for help with twin turbo set up. !!!!!!