Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

06 TT G35 build 2nd go around

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 PM
35reilly

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man not for a few months guessing. Got a ton of stuff to do along with life in general. Keep an eye out I will be posting up regularly. Next is the feeds and returns.

Last edited by 35reilly; 07-29-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:26 PM
35reilly

Yesterday I got a chance to get all the manifold bolts in place. Ran a tap through all the holes then took my original manifold bolts from my first motor ( stock ) and cut them down to size. Idk I just feel better knowing they are threaded into the heads further then the greddy ones they give you. I also filled in other holes with studs for a piece of mind. I do need to look online and get some more M10X1.25 nuts and lock washers tho. You can see the difference in threads here

After I cut them

I also finally got my returns done as well. Took me a while but I'm happy with the result. This is exactly what I had in mind. Passanger side isn't really how I wanted it to go but there was no other way and I'm happy with the pitch and it will flow smoothly.

My next thing I need to figure out is my oil psi sensor is kinda hitting my sandwich plate and the fittings for my oil cooler. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!!!!! Different route, different sandwich plate ect. I do want to keep the sensor where it is tho and feeds out of the front of the pan.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:47 AM
35reilly

So I really wanted my sensor Rt in the path of the oil but just can't do it. Ordered a 45 degree fitting the I hope will solve that issue. If anyone thinks this is not a good idea please Lmk. I asked a few friends that are very knowledgeable with performance motors but not really the vq. I was told this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Other then that just waiting on some new hardware to bolts manifolds and turbos down for good. Kinda at a standstill till I get these parts so I went ahead and put my end caps on my intake and say it on top just to see how it would look. I'm happy with the decision I made to go all black.

Also still up in the air about the valve covers. Think I'm leaning towards getting them done in gloss as well. Idk think it might look a little off cause of everything else.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:04 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Love those motor mounts ... are those the z1 variants?
Old 07-31-2016, 05:38 PM
35reilly

Originally Posted by bealljk
Love those motor mounts ... are those the z1 variants?
Yes buddy they are!!! Didn't really want to go the solid route but I'm doing everything I can to try and stop the manifolds from cracking again. Ceramic coated them, high temp coated the insides, solid motor mounts and I'm fabricating new downpipes that I'm also putting a flex pipe in there as well. If they crack again I'm either building new ones out of stainless or just ditching the kit and going to something else. Hopefully I won't have to do that and I will be happy with the out come and I can focus on my 93 notch back next!!!!
Old 07-31-2016, 08:17 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

for $120 solid motor mounts are well worth the cash...I'm headed that way...

flex pipes are everyones friend...

good stuff - keep us updated!
Old 07-31-2016, 08:54 PM
35reilly

for $120 solid motor mounts are well worth the cash...I'm headed that way...

flex pipes are everyones friend...

good stuff - keep us updated!
Thxs buddy!!!! Been 8 months so far an I still have months to go with all I need to do. Taking my time this time around
The following users liked this post:
Ceedagr81 (03-25-2017)
Old 08-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Blurvision

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Looks really outstanding. Looking forward to more.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:14 PM
BoostedGSdn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build man!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:14 AM
35reilly

Originally Posted by Blurvision
Looks really outstanding. Looking forward to more.
Thxs brotha!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:23 AM
35reilly

Originally Posted by BoostedGSdn
Nice build man!
Thxs b bud!!

Haven't had much time to work on it. I'm now just waiting for oil feed fittings to come in so can figure this out. I did get a chance to get my oil psi sensor out of the way of the sandwich plate by using a 45 degree npt. Not sure if this is how it gonna stay tho. I was going to do away with the factory oil sensor for the dash light, but I'm thinking I want to still run it just for extra caution. Dumb*** me retapped the oil port it went in to npt so I need to figure something out.

Thinking of doing away with the oil temp sensor and using a plug an tapping the plug to a bspt and running the factory sensor here, but idk if the gallery is pressure!! I think it is. Hopefully someone can chime in to verify.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:34 AM
35reilly

I did manage to bolt down the manifold. U did add a few more studs then greddy asked for. Last time around I ran 6 like they said but just wanted more for piece of mind. Also used my factory studs. Just cut them down. They threaded into head further. I also used the arp 12 point nuts
Old 08-10-2016, 04:38 AM
35reilly

Like I said in above post just waiting for the oil feed material to get here. I decided to run -4. The -3 just seemed like a hassle to get certain fittings and what not. -4 is the most common so I just went with it. I will keep everyone updated once I start digging into the next task.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:03 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

a 16th of an inch isnt going to matter and I believe these greddy/mitsubishi blowers have restrictor in the CHRA.

Just curious - why is your garage so clean? throw some stuff on the ground, drop your socket set on the floor, spill oil and coolant all over...get with it!!
The following users liked this post:
Conway_160 (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 03:25 AM
35reilly

a 16th of an inch isnt going to matter and I believe these greddy/mitsubishi blowers have restrictor in the CHRA.

Just curious - why is your garage so clean? throw some stuff on the ground, drop your socket set on the floor, spill oil and coolant all over...get with it!!
Thxs bud. Ok cool. Yeah I thought there was a restricters but wasn't 100%. I was waiting on Stan from fast turbo but the fitting were on back order for the inlets. BTW the fitting size is m10x1.25. I ended up going with a vibrant fitting and happy I did. Quality is great!!!

As far as the garage lmfao. I'm OCD drives me crazy when it's a mess lol.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:29 AM
35reilly

Bealljk. Do you know if the temp sensor in the upper pan is ok to swap and relocate the factory psi sensor in its place?
Old 08-11-2016, 04:26 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

^ I'm not sure...I never had a oil temp sensor on my block. I would imagine so I don't know the function of the oil temp sensor from the start so it'd be hard for me to speculate on what it's function is there?

Is it the same thread pattern? I thought the OEM pressure sensor had much finer threads.

what injectors did you end up going with after your DW 850cc?
Old 08-11-2016, 04:41 PM
35reilly

^ I'm not sure...I never had a oil temp sensor on my block. I would imagine so I don't know the function of the oil temp sensor from the start so it'd be hard for me to speculate on what it's function is there?

Is it the same thread pattern? I thought the OEM pressure sensor had much finer threads.

what injectors did you end up going with after your DW 850cc?
The threads are way different. I have the plug that the older years have in there instead of the temp sensor. I'm going to drill and tap the plug. Just want to have the light as extra precaution. I have every gauge but still. As far as injectors, I didn't get anything yet. Going to go with ID I'm not sure of size yet. Probably 1000cc. I'm a little pissed cause I'm just falling short for where my goals are so kinda sucks!!! Lol. Second guessing going to shop this week. We're having a pretty killer heatwave here. Want to get these feed lines done but.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:22 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

^I've got a few 'feel good' lights installed simply as a dummy check...

Happens to the best of us ... back in the day when I did my built block I originally ordered DW850cc and they were on back order and I dropped down to 600cc and it's been my bottle neck since day 1...I'm getting formally tuned in a few weeks and it's so tempting to get new injectors despite my single pump modified OEM fuel basket.

luckily, for better or worse, there is always something next!

I'd go 1200cc to 1500cc all things considered -
Old 08-13-2016, 01:48 PM
35reilly

^I've got a few 'feel good' lights installed simply as a dummy check...

Happens to the best of us ... back in the day when I did my built block I originally ordered DW850cc and they were on back order and I dropped down to 600cc and it's been my bottle neck since day 1...I'm getting formally tuned in a few weeks and it's so tempting to get new injectors despite my single pump modified OEM fuel basket.

luckily, for better or worse, there is always something next!

I'd go 1200cc to 1500cc all things considered -
Thanks for the suggestion bud.👍👍

Quick Reply: 06 TT G35 build 2nd go around