Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Astennu's - 350z RevUP SC Build

Old 07-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Astennu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Astennu's - 350z RevUP SC Build

Hello Members,

Im from the Netherlands and i have my 350Z GT4 2005 for 2 years now. I bought it to race on the nurburgring. But it suffered from oil starvation and the block needed a rebuild.
I have bin reading on the forum quite a bit for more then a year now. Im not a active poster but do follow some build threads.
In the past few weeks i have bin exploring some build options for my own car. I want to make it more powerful and more reliable for the nurburgring.
I explored SC and NA builds. i don't like the way turbo cars build there power. I find it less predictable on the track but that's my personal preference.
NA is quite hard and expensive and less predictable what kind of power you will make. You might need to invest more after your initial purchases to make the power you want.
Thats why i'm now considering a Supercharger build.
The goal is a car with about 500HP that can compete with the Porsche GT3 RS car and similar cars on the straight parts of the track. T

From what i see on the forums a V3 SCI kit wont be enough unless you to a lot more work on the block. So my plan was to go for a V7 YSI Blower (V3 upgrade to 928 impeller and 72k rpm bearing is almost the same price V7 is more powerful) and run it on lower RPM's to meet my goal. (At max boost you can do over 700HP with that blower). Please correct me if you think a stock V3 SCI would be enough.

This is what i came up with:

-HKS Pistons 9,0:1 (95,75 bore) - Already Bought
-Eagle 3D Piston Rods - Already Bought
-Stock Balanced Crankshaft
-ACL STD Bearings + 0,001 extra oil clearance
-Cometic Head Gasket 96mm - 0,03mm

-Vortech V7 YSI blower
-Vortech Bracket + Discharge + piping
-Vortech 3,33 Pully and 3.13 (for 54K and 58K rpm)
-ATi 6,78" Crank Pully
-Intercooler (not sure yet. I don't want to remove the front crash bar) TRE TRV185 ??

-High flow Maf Sensor (AAM or UpRev GT)
-CJM Stage 0 Fuel Return
-AEM 320lph fuel pump
-ID 1000cc
-Koyorad 36mm
-Racing Thermostat
-Power steering cooling
-26 row oil cooler or two smaller coolers deepening on the intercooler
-Osiris Uprev Tunning
-Kinetix High flow cats (dont know if these are any good. Have not used them myself yet)

The following parts are already on the car and i was planning to leave them that way. (dont know if that will give any issues)

-Stock intake Plenum
-Heads have had some work done new valve seals and they are flowed
-Stock Revup cam's
-JWT Stage 1 clutch and Lightweight Flywheel (will have to see how much that one can handle)
-DC Sport Headers
-Custom Exhaust System

Do you guy's see any issues with my goals and the current parts i selected to try and get there?
I have a engine builder that is gonna build the engine together with me. He also has experience with his own TT 350z, Single turbo and Superchargers on stock blocks. But he did not do such a power SC build before (only stock HKS and vortech kits)

I hope you guy's can help me finalize the part list. And let me know if i'm missing / overlooked things.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Astennu; 07-30-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:08 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

A Ysi blower might be overkill unless you have plans to push it way passed the 500hp mark. A good blower to go with for your power needs is the v2 SI blower. I made 550 at 17psi on that one. Or if you want a little more, the v2 Ti trim will get you more. At the same psi and changing nothing else, I made 580 at 17psj on same dyno. I ended up pushing it to 24psi but never got it back on the dyno.

Colombo has the ti and makes over 600. Unless you plan on going all out and pushing to limits, the Ysi prolly isn't needed. Many have issues getting the belt to not slip on Ysi. I pushed the Ysi to 23psi on old setup. Never dynoed that either though. The guy I sold it to hasn't made any good power yet, been fighting belt slip last I heard.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:11 AM
meanz

Also a great intercooler to use is the tr1245. You might need to remove crash bar though. I dropped over 30 degrees just by switching to that. Verified temps with my haltech. You could weld in intercooler to crash bar.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Astennu

Thanks for your input.
I was thinking the same that's why I looked into upgrading the v3 with the 928 impeller and new bearing but then you put in a lot of effort while the ysi is almost as expensive.

The idea was to run lower rpm om the ysi to get the same power. I can use bigger pullys then so I should have less belt slip 65k is the max rpm I would be at 54k or 58knwith the 3.33 or 3.13 (stock) pully.
With that in mind do you still think a smaller one would have less slip?
The goal is 500 but if it's easy to get 550 without much problems I might go for that. But it don't want to set the bar to high. At 550+ I might have more fuel problems. And at 600 your are at the limit without sleeving the block (correct me if I'm wrong)
I can also look if there still is a v3 Ti trim. Might be the same price as the ysi.

I want a self lubricated sc so I would have to look into that v2 Ti I thought it needed engine oil.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:10 AM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Stock sleeves can handle 750-800ish. If you want self lubricated thats the V3, as far as i know there isnt a T version of the V3.

Personally i would go with a V2 T trim, it can get you 600+ with supporting mods yes it runs off the engine oil but that will help keep the bearings cooler and better lubricated. I would rather have 5qts of oil than 2-4oz of oil for my bearings.

With the YSI you may have to do some cutting if the frame to get the clearances you want since the blower is so big.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:26 AM
meanz

The TI trim is a v2. Vortech has it listed as a v3. That is incorrect. I can tell you first hand. I prefer the blower to be ran off the engine oil. Don't have to worry about getting different oils. When you change the engine oil it's changing the blower oil, you can run a oil cooler to help blower run cooler, over all I think it's a better thing to do.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:46 AM
Astennu

I will request prices on the V2 Ti and the V3 SI. That last one is also slightly more powerful then the stock SCI.
The V7 YSI might have a more heavy gearbox. And probably is more noisy since its using straight gears.

If the SC has its own oil its more clean. I agree it will not be that much but if its not leaking its no problem.
Disadvantage of sharing the oil is more parts in the chain that can cause leaks and then your SC and your engine are gone if you notice it to late. If they are separated only one of the two will breakdown.
I might need to ask Vortech but i hope they designed the V3 units so that the oil temperature stay okay even when running at its max designed RPM. Its made for 52-53K rpm so it should be able to sustain that for quite some time without problems. Most of the time it will spin slower but i do intend racing the car so i will be going upto 7k rpm quite a lot.

Last edited by Astennu; 08-01-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:12 PM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

There is NO Ti-Trim in the V3, the gearbox in the V3 is street only

The V2 Ti-Trim would be the Best choice Blower for you. Also it's an HD Race Blower, Very Tough.

Contact Abdullah for the Best Price on a Blower.

https://www.facebook.com/ahdalphoto?...ef=friends.all
Old 08-22-2016, 03:50 AM
Astennu

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
There is NO Ti-Trim in the V3, the gearbox in the V3 is street only

The V2 Ti-Trim would be the Best choice Blower for you. Also it's an HD Race Blower, Very Tough.

Contact Abdullah for the Best Price on a Blower.

https://www.facebook.com/ahdalphoto?...ef=friends.all
Thanks for your reply. And sorry for the late reply (i was on a holiday)
I did send him a PM before i left but i did not get a reply.
I send a email to vortech to ask them for advice.

In your signature i see you have a V2-SC trim and you are pulling 577 rwhp.
The V3 SCI had 17PSI vs your 20PSI. The V3 SI trim can do 22PSI.

How where you able to get that much hp out of the V2 SC setup? do you have a lot of supporting mods?
I would already be happy with 450-500 rwhp. (compared to the stock 230-240 rwhp of a revup car)
Looking at your numbers the SCI might be enough? depending on the mods. or does 3 PSI make that big of a difference? i know its not a liniair curve when you reach a certain point. (depending on all the aditional mods that are installed)
Old 08-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Staisman

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Default V3

I have V3 SI you can find my build here. I am making 530whp with 16 PSI.
One thing on your list is FRS Stage 0 is not enough, you need Stage 2 with bigger fuel lines to achieve 500+whp.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:44 AM
Astennu

Originally Posted by Staisman
I have V3 SI you can find my build here. I am making 530whp with 16 PSI.
One thing on your list is FRS Stage 0 is not enough, you need Stage 2 with bigger fuel lines to achieve 500+whp.
what other mods do you have that get you up to 530wrhp? Other cam's, headers? Build block?

Good to know. It will be +-400 dollar more to go from stage 0 to stage 2.
Where do you think the limit is for the stage 0?
I would also be fine with 450 rwhp. thats still nearly double the stock hp. I just want more then the stock 440 Flywheel hp that the V3 SCI kit gives. (440 fly would be about 350-360 rwhp?)
Vortech lists power from the stock 280 and 300hp numbers to 412 and 440

Im now trying to figure out what is needed to get to the 450 rwhp. And if a V3 SCI kit with some ajustments can do the trick.
The V3 SCI Kit has a nice pirce. If you want a SI you need to buy everything seperate and then the price goes up by about a 1000-1200$.

Last edited by Astennu; 08-24-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Search this Thread