Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

In need of transmission help

Old 09-25-2016, 06:17 PM
FitZmp56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of transmission help

Hello boosted bro's, I posted this in maintenance and repair but no responses as usual when it comes to transmissions on these cars but I figured if anyone would have tranny problems it might be you guys. I've had this problem for a while now and no one I've talked to has been able to help me.
So I'm new to the forum however I have a 2008 350Z I bought brand new. At 1500 I installed a GTM Twin turbo kit with a bunch of other upgrades. I've ran my car at 9.5#boost with no issues until recently. It seems to me the synchos are gone in 3rd and 5th (I think). Normal driving the car shifts fine, sometimes grinds 3rd gear. But if I take off and want to run fast the tranny will only grind and not go into 3rd gear under moderate to heavy load. (And no I don't try and force it, I release immediately) Currently the car only has 31K. If it starts to grind I just typically keep the clutch in and let the RPMs drop, most of the time it goes in but I have had to fight it. I'm an experienced mechanic and work on my own cars however I've never worked on transmissions. I understand them and know how they work but I've always stayed away but currently I left my job to go back to school and money is a little tight so I'm heavily considering replacing the synchros myself. Here is my problem, I cannot find a synchro for my car, the closest I found was a 3rd gear synchro for an 03. Does anybody know where I can find transmission parts for my car? Also if anyone has any other information that would think they can help it would be much appreciated, because I can't find ANYTHING hardly on these transmissions. Thank you all and look forward to partaking in the forums.

Last edited by FitZmp56; 09-25-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:12 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

so in 2 hours you expect to get your answer, its was the weekend and sunday night football.

patience grasshoppa

can a mod merge these threads?

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...sion-help.html
Old 09-26-2016, 04:53 AM
FitZmp56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually i out it here more because i figured you guys would be the ones more prone to transmission issue and corrections