Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS ST Questions

Old 02-10-2017, 12:26 PM
NissanTracker

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default APS ST Questions

Hi,

Was hoping anyone with an APS ST (or equivalent) could shine in.

1) What size oil restrictor is used on the GT35 hybrid? So far, it points to either there is one already built in on the single turbo kits, or use .035. I can't find a consistent answer

2) I am not using the supplied fuel regulator kit. What would be some recommendations if dropping a walbro 255? I am planning boost between 6psi low and 9psi high.

3) I would like to use a different scavenge pump. Turbowerx has the basic and the Eva... anyone use the basic before?

4) They started recommending the electronic one way valve to prevent oil going back into the turbo due to gravity. Wouldn't a simple one way check valve suffice?

Much appreciated

-NT

Last edited by NissanTracker; 02-10-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:30 AM
NissanTracker

For item 3) I ended up going with the Turbowerx Eva. Looks like the others are diaphragm based and usually do not handle the heat after 2 years. It was $400.00, but worth the insurance. I noticed I was finding myself looking for a "cheaper" solution... and thats when I knew I should just cough up the extra money.

For item 4) it looks like just using a 1 psi check valve after the scavenge is enough. Not sure why APS chose to go with an electronic check valve. In addition, I will be adding a pre-filter for the input of the scavenge as well as a pre-filter for the turbo. They will end up being a maintenance item i change out every year.

Still looking for advice on items 1,2.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2017, 06:34 AM
NissanTracker

Also, I will be using a turbo drain reservoir with a breather filter on it so the scavenge pulls from that and not directly from the turbo. I just don't have the equipment for welding and trying to come up with a solution for it...

Anyone have something like this for sale?

Search this Thread